Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

Been a busy week for us here at Westeros.org, with a trip taking me out of commission for a couple of days… but I did pick up some interesting information along the way. And now that it’s out, we may as well share it as well: titles for most of the episodes for season 3.

• “Valar Dohaeris” (pairing nicely with last season’s finale)
  • “Dark Wings, Dark Words”
  • “Walk of Punishment”
  • “And Now His Watch is Ended”
  • “Kissed by Fire”
  • Still untitled
  • “The Bear and the Maiden Fair”
  • Still untitled
  • “The Rains of Castamere”
  • “Mhysa”

We’ll be adding these to our Episode guide once we dig our way out from under mail and screencapping and manuscripts everything else we’re up to at the moment!

Visit the Site!

Just to make it more reader friendly:

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris

Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words

Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment

Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended

Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire

Ep. 306 – to be determined

Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Ep. 308 – to be determined

Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere

Ep. 310 – Mhysa

So, Martin wrote episode 7, correct? It's interesting that the scene for which the episode is named doesn't seem to be one Martin wrote. He mentioned on his Not-A-Blog that David and Dan moved things around that allowed for them to retitled the episode.

Episode 2 "Dark Wings Dark Words" makes me think Catelyn and Robb will be getting a raven this season about Bran and Rickon, as opposed to when they got it in book 2, they may have pushed it back. Couple that with the part in the trailer where catelyn, near tears and angry says to robb " show them how it feels to lose what they love" makes me think they will be hearing of bran and rickons "demise" in episode 2."

Any other ideas what it could be if not that?

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris

Introduction to the BwB

Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words

Robb and Cat hear about Bran and Rickon, perhaps Balon's death?

Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment

Something to do with Theon maybe? I got nothing.

Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended

Mutiny at Craster's Keep and Joer's death

Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire

Sexy time with Jon and Ygritte, the duel between Beric and the Hound, Beric's ressurection, and Dracarys

Ep. 306 – to be determined

Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Bear Pit scene, maybe something between Jorah and Dany, possibly Tyrion and Sansa's wedding

Ep. 308 – to be determined

If not in Episode 7, Sansa and Tyrion's wedding. Robb and Cat discuss Jon, Robb declares his will

Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere

Red Wedding

Ep. 310 – Mhysa

Obviously Dany. Could also refer to Cersei and Joffrey, Arya's thoughts about RW, and potential reveal of unCat

Not sure if we are going to see Balon's death in season 3. It would make little sense to give us one scene at Pyke, completely isolated. I'd rather think we'll get a whole Greyjoy arc in season 4, from Balon's death and Euron's return up to the Kingsmoot.

'The Walk of Punishment' may refer to the Place of Punishment in Astapor. And, of course, to Theon's torture in the Dreadfort. By the way, I hope Theon disappears in season 4 only to return as Reek in season 5. That way, we could really get a sense of his transformation.

Episode 2 "Dark Wings Dark Words" makes me think Catelyn and Robb will be getting a raven this season about Bran and Rickon, as opposed to when they got it in book 2, they may have pushed it back. Couple that with the part in the trailer where catelyn, near tears and angry says to robb " show them how it feels to lose what they love" makes me think they will be hearing of bran and rickons "demise" in episode 2."

Any other ideas what it could be if not that?

Could also be Samwell's message arriving after the battle at the Fist,

Not sure if we are going to see Balon's death in season 3. It would make little sense to give us one scene at Pyke, completely isolated. I'd rather think we'll get a whole Greyjoy arc in season 4, from Balon's death and Euron's return up to the Kingsmoot.

'The Walk of Punishment' may refer to the Place of Punishment in Astapor. And, of course, to Theon's torture in the Dreadfort. By the way, I hope Theon disappears in season 4 only to return as Reek in season 5. That way, we could really get a sense of his transformation.

My initial thought was of Astapor, but also having Theon and Jaime events as described above in there makes sense as well.

Bear Pit scene, maybe something between Jorah and Dany, possibly Tyrion and Sansa's wedding

Bear and Maiden Fair as an analogy for Tyrion and Sansa would be brilliant

Ep. 310 – Mhysa

Obviously Dany. Could also refer to Cersei and Joffrey, Arya's thoughts about RW, and potential reveal of unCat

So long as it's the very last scene and it's of UnCat starting her revenge, not just coming back to life--how do you not end with a plot changer like that?

So, Martin wrote episode 7, correct? It's interesting that the scene for which the episode is named doesn't seem to be one Martin wrote. He mentioned on his Not-A-Blog that David and Dan moved things around that allowed for them to retitled the episode.

Doesn't mean that at all, as we don't really know what scene(s) were moved around in that episode. If David and Dan moved the scenes that led to them originally calling the episode 'Chains', then it may have made sense for them to change the title and for GRRM to 'gain a song'.

Ep. 310 – Mhysa

Would the Battle for Castle Black be during this episode? Its quite a short engagement, they might have filmed it. I guess it could be at the beginning of next season as well.

No. Gwen and Nik went to LA some weeks ago just to film the bearpit scene with Little Bart. That scene will undoubtedly occur in Season 3, presumably Ep 7 given the new title. See George's blog.

ETA:

Bear and the Maiden Fair- Brienne at Harrenhal but also the Sansa/Queen of Thornes meeting.

I'd forgotten that Olenna got them to sing that song in this scene - if both scenes are now in the same episode, the change of title makes great sense!

Archived