Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

Also, Valar Dohaeris might just be unrelated, like 'The Old Gods and the New' from Season 2, and could just be something thrown in for the book readers. Idk

"The Old Gods and the New" was D&D's way of drawing the lines of demarcation between the source material and their interpretation of it. This was the episode that began the wildly divergent storylines (Dany and Jon). The Old Gods (George) and the New (D&D). A wink, letting us know they planned on making the material "their own."

"Valar Dohaeris" aka "All Men Must Serve" is D&D's way of saying, "Hey, ya'll, we made a mistake. We, like all men, must serve the Old Gods (George). This season will be 100x more faithful than season two."

"The Old Gods and the New" was D&D's way of drawing the lines of demarcation between the source material and their interpretation of it. This was the episode that began the wildly divergent storylines (Dany and Jon). The Old Gods (George) and the New (D&D). A wink, letting us know they planned on making the material "their own."

"Valar Dohaeris" aka "All Men Must Serve" is D&D's way of saying, "Hey, ya'll, we made a mistake. We, like all men, must serve the Old Gods (George). This season will be 100x more faithful than season two."

LOL. Spot on!!

Haha, brilliant.

What is up with saying the meeting between Olenna and Sansa where Bumps sings The Bear and the Maiden Fair will happen as early as the 2nd episode? I see it happen just before the wedding to Tyrion - that wedding was a very rash decision once the Lannisters learned of the plans to marry Sansa to Willas (maybe Garlan or an unnamed Tyrell cousin this time, as I do not see Garlan being already married and introducing another name relevant for the show).

:leer:

You quoted the wrong part. :P

:bowdown: I wish you are right.

The title for 304 is far too spoilerish. And if they are going to give the backstory of 'The Rains of Castamere', would it be too much of a clue of what happens in episode 9, considering the title?

The non-readers probably do not know that the phrase is what is usually said at the NW brothers' funerals. So I do not think it is too spoilerish.

What is up with saying the meeting between Olenna and Sansa where Bumps sings The Bear and the Maiden Fair will happen as early as the 2nd episode? I see it happen just before the wedding to Tyrion - that wedding was a very rash decision once the Lannisters learned of the plans to marry Sansa to Willas (maybe Garlan or an unnamed Tyrell cousin this time, as I do not see Garlan being already married and introducing another name relevant for the show).

Sansa doesn't really have any plot before that dinner - if they're stretching the KL plot out and making it revolve around the Tyrell/Lannister/Sansa scheming, that scene would happen early on in the season, as it kicks off the rest of the plot.

As for Sansa's potential husbands, it will likely be Loras instead of Willas.

the PW in episode 10 would be pretty cool.

It would be a bit like the RW in the books: an unexpected event that comes suddenly out of the blue. The RW is happening in the climatic episode, which will make it less surprising, but the PW coming afterwards would be a total shocker!

Sansa doesn't really have any plot before that dinner - if they're stretching the KL plot out and making it revolve around the Tyrell/Lannister/Sansa scheming, that scene would happen early on in the season, as it kicks off the rest of the plot.

Maybe they can add scenes with Dontos? Or Joffrey beating her or whatever.

As for Sansa's potential husbands, it will likely be Loras instead of Willas.

That makes sense if they are really not going to name him a KG.

It would be a bit like the RW in the books: an unexpected event that comes suddenly out of the blue. The RW is happening in the climatic episode, which will make it less surprising, but the PW coming afterwards would be a total shocker!

Would't that be the perfect cliff-hanger: A certain person choking, grabbing his throat, and then - see you on screen next year...

Doesn't episode 07 seem a little too early for Jaime, Brienne, and the pit? They don't arrive in KL until after the PW which will probably be a few episodes into season 4. What will they do for the last few episodes of season 3 and the first few of season 4?

I'll ask the oposite question: can they place the pit scene later? What are Jaime and Brienne going to do during the entire season 3?

The truth is that there is less material than people think. Jaime and Brienne are travelling since S2E08. They will fight and be captured in S3E02. There isn't that much before the pit scene!

To answer your question.. what should they do? Place the PW this season :P

This thread is just another reminder of how great it is that they didn't try to make the series into movies. Can you imagine all ten hours of this season, plus all ten hours of next season, crammed into two or three hours of movie? It would be a disgrace. We readers are so, so lucky they made it into a series and not a bunch of movies.

What episode Lysa and Sweetrobin be in?

This thread is just another reminder of how great it is that they didn't try to make the series into movies. Can you imagine all ten hours of this season, plus all ten hours of next season, crammed into two or three hours of movie? It would be a disgrace. We readers are so, so lucky they made it into a series and not a bunch of movies.

I'll try to imagine this: One book could be divided to make two movies, for approximately 2.5 to 3 hrs each. ASOS could be three. Movies have bigger budget too so better and longer battle scenes will be great and awesome on the bigger screen. Since there are so many great moments in the books to be adapted on screen, the movie series will end after 20 years (or more? depending on the year-gap they will be shown). Child actors will be older and probably married on the time. TV is ok as long as the show stays true to the story.

Well this pretty much confirms that the RW is ep 9 and they're ending on an uplifting note with Dany in Yunkai. Kind of cowardly, I think, but understandable. It would have been braver to end on the Red Wedding.

I thought it would be great to end the season with

Lady Stoneheart opening her eyes.

Me too. End with Dany ripping Yunkai a new one (which in itself will be spectacular and exhilarating ... then after a fade to black, show the Brotherhood Without Banners capturing Merrett Frey (or a similar character) out near the Twins. His hanging body the last sight of the season.

The titles for this season seem to be really well thought out. Like others have already said, I was disappointed with some of the titles from the second season ('The Nightlands' being the worst).

I too am surprised by the pace of the Brienne and Jaime storyline, though I guess the placing makes sense if...

Episode 7 is a big Harrenhal episode. Giving plenty of background on Bolton. I wouldn't be surprised if we see either Brienne or Jaime kill Locke in this episode too.

And the episode 10 title certainly fits with what I imagine to be the closing shot of the season!

Archived