Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

All looks like fun. But I think the whole "ninth-episode-is-the-big-one" convention they've fallen into is already getting kind of predictable. I'd love to see them throw a loop and drop the RW into episode 6 or 8 under a completely innocent or misleading title, just so we book readers could be as caught off-guard as everyone else.

Next year the PW will make you happy.

Also, I think and hope that E9 in S4 will have the big battle at the wall (the "big episode") but E10 will be where we get the BANG-BANG-BANG ending of ASOS. (Minus the Epilogue, which will probably end this season). That's basically what we got in the first season, but this will be even more shocking to the non-reader.

Non-readers won't see the PW coming at all next season, especially if it's somewhere around episode 3 or 4.

I agree, it'll break the patern of having a big event in the penultimate episode of every season. Kind of like the mutiny at Craster's this season, although it isn't on the same level.

I thought it would be great to end the season with

Lady Stoneheart opening her eyes.

That would certainly fit with the "mother" episode title.

Also, I think the trailer music (dig up her bones but leave the soul alone) was a tip for the readers to expect LS this season, just like the 3 horn blows in the "cold winds are rising" trailer for season 2

Surely the big event of Season 4 would be revolving around Tyrion?

if it is in episode 9, then that in itself becomes a bit of a mind fuck ;-)

Season 4 is going to be so insane, I'd say the best season of the entire series just with the source material we have now (not counting books 6 and 7).

Joff's wedding, LF pushing Lysa, Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!, Oberyn vs. Gregor, Tywin being offed, and maybe a couple things from early AFfC/ADwD.

Season 4 is going to be so insane, I'd say the best season of the entire series just with the source material we have now (not counting books 6 and 7).

Joff's wedding, LF pushing Lysa, Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!, Oberyn vs. Gregor, Tywin being offed, and maybe a couple things from early AFfC/ADwD.

It'll certainly be more satisfying than season three, except for the duel.

I agree, it'll break the patern of having a big event in the penultimate episode of every season. Kind of like the mutiny at Craster's this season, although it isn't on the same level.

Last season had Renly's murder (a huge event, when you think about it) at the very start of Episode 5. The actual death wasn't much of a surprise since they blew that on the Shadow Baby.

Last season had Renly's murder (a huge event, when you think about it) at the very start of Episode 5. The actual death wasn't much of a surprise since they blew that on the Shadow Baby.

I totally forgot about that. :P

Would't that be the perfect cliff-hanger: A certain person choking, grabbing his throat, and then - see you on screen next year...

I don't think they could end it like that, they have to show his fate if they are showing the choking. My thought was always that 2 of the last scenes of episode 10 could be:

Purple wedding, Joffrey choking and dying and Cersei demanding that Tyrion be arrested for the murder of her son. the kingsguard seizes Tyrion, and scene.

The reason I say you can't leave it open ended if he does or not is because inevitably most everyone who watches the show will look up Joffreys fate and make sure hes dead for good. Thus, killing your cliffhanger. This way, you please the audience with Joffreys definite death and your cliffhanger there is Tyrions fate.

Then we do lady stoneheart and end season.

What is with saying Lady Stoneheart appears in S3? In the books, she appears in the epilogue on ASOS, which places her in the latter half of S4 on TV.

Because it wouldn't really make any sense to wait for it until the end of season four, most of the people already forgot about her. Also, they need to keep Beric around for the Kiss of Life, something they can't leave off-screen. Besides that it's a good way to give people some hope.

What is with saying Lady Stoneheart appears in S3? In the books, she appears in the epilogue on ASOS, which places her in the latter half of S4 on TV.

Concur with what the above two posters said. You have to realize, things are going to be moved around chronologically to make sense for the shows. Also, remember for the future of this show, what you read in the books wasnt always chronological anyway. There is going to be plenty of blending of book 3 4 AND 5 storylines going forward because it makes sense chronologically.

I imagine D&D with the help of GRRM have this huge white board where things are actually mapped out chronologically rather than the order they are in POV wise in the books

Like others have said, they should end s3 with Cat opening her eyes. Nothing more, nothing less. While her reveal at the end of ASOS works brilliantly in the book, on TV it can come off like a soap opera, if there's no other indication to her being revived. Also, if non-readers learn that Michelle Fairley is once again cast for Season 4, they might figure out that Cat's still alive.

What episode Lysa and Sweetrobin be in?

According to IMDB, Ep 7.

Jojen Reed is credited in every episode, along with Beric, Mance, and Tormund. That might be contractual, or they might just be in every episode.

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris - Is a lot of action to catch everyone up, and to establish new story lines:

Introduction to the BwB w/Arya & co, action at The Fist, Dany & Co leave Qarth/arrive Astapor (and meet Missandei & Daario- who is just a little übersexy), we meet The Reeds, Queen of Thorne's arrival in KL (if I hired Diana Rigg, she'd be in every episode), Mance & Co/Jon, The Tullys, Theon & RAMSEY, Karstark, Shireen & the new Selyse, Davos stranded, Jamie & Brienne. *WHEW*

Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words

Robb and Cat hear about Bran and Rickon, perhaps Balon's death? The only cast listed so far are Jojen, Beric, Mance, & Tormund. I think we have the arrival of Sam's Ravens as well. Davos rescued/imprisoned. News the Freys are a little mad.

Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment

Something to do with Theon maybe? I got nothing. Fist survivors walking to the wall, Slayer? The same cast from Ep2 is listed, but we also meet Martyn Lannister. Davos pardoned.

Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended

Mutiny at Craster's Keep and Joer's death, Hoster death and funeral, Balon's death (I think they need Asha/Yara this season, and why not set up the Queens/Kingsmoots)? We meet Wendel Manderly and the Great Frey Apology begins. Davos learns to read.

Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire

Sexy time with Jon and Ygritte, the duel between Beric and the Hound, Beric's ressurection, and Dracarys. Definitely.

Ep. 306 – to be determined - Scaling The Wall. We meet a tortured slave.... who is credited in IMDB. Nice place to continue the Iron storyline not necessarily the new Greyjoys but Asha & The Reader, and introduce Oberyn, Ellaria, and the Kettleblacks in KL.

Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Bear Pit scene w/Steelshanks, definitely something between Jorah and Dany, definitely Tyrion and Sansa's wedding. Back in the Vale w/Lysa & Robin (because IMDB says so.)

Ep. 308 – to be determined

If not in Episode 7, Sansa and Tyrion's wedding. Robb and Cat discuss Jon, Robb declares his will, Dany arrives at Yunkai and meets Mero, Jamie and Brienne continue journey to KL. Queenscrown.

Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere

Bran has a REALLY bad dream. Red Wedding and loads of Freys, Jon arrives at The Wall. Bran & Co heading north.

Ep. 310 – Mhysa

Obviously Dany. Could also refer to Cersei and Joffrey, Arya's thoughts about RW, and definitely reveal of unCat. Davos tells Stannis about the message from The Wall. Jon arrives at The Wall. Bran & Co Meet Sam & Co at the Nightfort. *

*I know I'm pretty much alone on this, but I haven't given up on the PW in Ep 10. The action that is important won't take up as much time as the RW, and doesn't necessarily need to be the DAY OF, so could happen in an earlier episode, like the gifts. It's Joffrey's WEDDING. That prep action could take up the entire season, and we don't need to see another "wedding" with all the trappings on screen at this point, even next year. Besides, Westerosi weddings aren't Catholic Masses. I also don't see a reason to keep Jack Gleeson contracted when he doesn't want to act anymore, and by season 4, he might make as big a maturity jump as Isaac will. But, soooooo many actors have said they're quitting, and never give it up. So.... *shrug*. It's a 65min episode, along with all the extra time added on this season, it's like a bonus episode. A LOT can happen on screen in that time. It would also make everyone's head explode with the magnitude of cliffhangers.

Because in the chronological timeline of events, it happens right after the RW, and right before the PW, which are only a week apart.

If Mysha is the title for episode 10, that just about rules out the PW. Mysha in itself, is quite a big moment for Daenerys, and the fact that it's in the last episode means that it's probably going to be the uplifting ending for the season, as opposed to the Purple Wedding. Also, you can't rush the Purple Wedding. Oberyn and probably Mace Tyrell need to be introduced, and Oberyn's grievances with Tywin also need to be addressed before the wedding. If they have it in episode 4, 5 or 6 of s4, that should work just fine.

If Mysha is the title for episode 10, that just about rules out the PW. Mysha in itself, is quite a big moment for Daenerys, and the fact that it's in the last episode means that it's probably going to be the uplifting ending for the season, as opposed to the Purple Wedding. Also, you can't rush the Purple Wedding. Oberyn and probably Mace Tyrell need to be introduced, and Oberyn's grievances with Tywin also need to be addressed before the wedding. If they have it in episode 4, 5 or 6 of s4, that should work just fine.

Im not saying PW is something that definitely will happen this season, but I disagree that Oberyn needs to be in attendance. Sure, for the books it added suspicion that he may have had something to do with the poison but IMO its something they can easily get away with leaving out of the show if they really wanted.

Archived