Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

I'm not yet sure about Brienne's quest. My guess is that they might give some of the Hyle/Pod/Nimble Dick stuff to Jaime and Brienne on their way towards KL after they leave Harrenhal. That way they would have something to do and could arrive there after the Purple Wedding. They could, for instance, track down some member of Locke's gang or perhaps even Locke himself. My guess is that he is going to be in real trouble after he returns to Harrenhal with mutilated Jaime with Roose already considering to turn his cloak...

And Brienne can easily remain at KL for a few episodes, interacting with Loras, Margaery, and Cersei.

Theres no way there going to leave the Nimble Dick parts in, even the Septon Meribald part is unlikely.

Indeed, he hasn't....the only thing he has said is the show has already killed some characters who are still alive in the books (i.e. Mago)

He mentions about halfway through

panel about how D&D's death count is way above his. If he was just talking about Mago, I think he would be more specific.

There's no reason for Gendry to return to the Brotherhood without Banners - he only stayed with them in the books because he had nowhere else to go, but why would he choose to go back and stay with them if they allowed him to be taken by Melisandre? And there's no reason for Davos to attempt to smuggle him away; if Melisandre could hunt him down to Thoros and Beric's cave, he won't be safe anywhere if she wants him.

So I find it hard to see him surviving this season.

He mentions about halfway through

panel about how D&D's death count is way above his. If he was just talking about Mago, I think he would be more specific.

Irri, Rakharo, Dany's Silver (I don't really count this but he might), the Tickler, just to name a few more. That's four or five off the top of my head, I am sure there are others.

So I find it hard to see him surviving this season.

I find it hard to take this seriously, given it is based on the "evidence" you cite.

Irri, Rakharo, the Tickler, just to name a few more. That's four off the top of my head.

I find it hard to take this seriously, given it is based on the "evidence" you cite.

There is more evidence to suggest that Gendry's story ends here than there is to suggest he will survive. I'll ask again: why would he go back to the Brotherhood? Why would Davos take him back there if Melisandre found him the first time? Why would Davos smuggle him anywhere if Melisandre knew where he was?

But I really don't care what you believe. If you don't think Gendry will be killed, that's fine. We'll see who's correct at the end of the season. :) But either way, I don't think Gendry will continue being in the show once Stannis leaves for the Wall.

There is more evidence to suggest that Gendry's story ends here than there is to suggest he will survive.

Story "ends here" is not the same as "not survive". Gendry survives in the book, mostly off-page. Edric survives in the book, completely off-page. The evidence is that Gendry will survive, unless it is a change. GRRM's quote is simply very poor evidence to anchor a belief that Gendry, specifically, will die in the show.

I don't think Gendry will continue being in the show once Stannis leaves for the Wall.

That, I don't find outlandish at all. I think it is most likely that Gendry resumes his role from the books, but I could easily see him dropped. I could definitely imagine D&D killing him, just like I could imagine D&D killing any number of minor characters that do not serve a critical function in the story moving forward. There's just no evidence to point to.

I'm very interested to see what they do with Gendry, both this season and beyond (if they retain him).

But I really don't care what you believe. If you don't think Gendry will be killed, that's fine. We'll see who's correct at the end of the season. :) But either way, I don't think Gendry will continue being in the show once Stannis leaves for the Wall.

I find it really strange that they have upped Joe Dempsie to regular billing (he is in the credits now - and they haven't upped Gwen Christie - stranger still).

This seems to suggest that he will either a.) be killed off as you say, b.) be put somewhere else in the story.

I sort of doubt that they would have made him a regular character just to drop him at season's end.

I do quite like the idea of - and I'm not putting it forward as a theory - that Gendry could join the Night's Watch and be friends with Jon Snow. I would enjoy watching that.

Ok. Few things to consider.

Martin says “There are characters in book 5 who are going to be in book 6 who are dead on the TV show.” And the following comments from the creators suggest these characters are of a substantial role to make room. Gendry to be honest fits this probably better than most. However if it’s not Gendry, who else could it be?

-Ser Barristan or Jorah? Will they really want two men almost (in TV terms) performing the same function following Dany for seasons to come?

-One of the Reeds? I would say Osha and Rickon will become dead weight after this season but they haven’t been in book 6. Will they really want all of those peeps following Bran, once they’ve served their initial purpose its possible one of the siblings will get the chop...

-Theon? Here’s an interesting one. If Theon is to die, is there any reason not to speed his story along and conclude it this season. I feel Asha/Yara will be the principle Iron born story in general scheme of the books, Theon being abused for 3 seasons doesn’t really serve much purpose plus think of what the production will save on actors fees/location/running time if they chop that entire story out and pass the baton to Yara.

-Thoras or Anguy? The Hound could slice one of them up in a dramatic kidnap of Arya, though to be honest I can’t recall what sort of role they had in later books.

-Edmure Tully (Robs queen as well) during the you know when?

Are any of those likely? Are there any others? Though I can’t see why either would die this season, Bronn nor Pod are that essential after this season and the TV makers could easily condense the plot without them. I’m wondering the same for Davos too.

But still Gendry seems to fit the statement the best, though it seems strange J-Demps would be added to the main cast just to do away with him. Also The problem with Gendry is, IF they kill him, for me it puts to the sword the theories that he’ll: be the surprise person (Martin referred to) on the throne at the end, reunite with Arya or reform the Baratheon House. IF they don’t kill him and make an effort to keep him in series, joining him with Breinne for instance (which works perfectly since Brienne would need help finding Arya, it suits the TV audience who expect Gendry would find to her and the both end up in the same place as in the books), it kinda makes ya think he might have a slightly larger role to play in the books than GRRM is telegraphing.

HouseLancaster, I think he was referring to Mago, who is killed in Season 1 but is the Khal who comes across Dany in the middle of nowhere.

If he was talking about Mago, he would specifically mention him (he has in the past). But the fact that he mentioned no names leads me to believe that there will be more to come this season.

If he was talking about Mago, he would specifically mention him (he has in the past). But the fact that he mentioned no names leads me to believe that there will be more to come this season.

In that case, I nominate Bronn. He's sort of offscreen for much of SoS, and he's only heard of during FfC.

But what event would leadto Bronns death? I agree, post Tyrion he ain needed again. So producers will either create dramatic effect for Tyrion of season by killing him but more likely as he is so popular they'll want to show the break down of their friendship next year leading to Bronn not being his champion...

Archived