Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

'Second Sons' as a title can refer to both the sellsword company and any real second sons, for instance Tyrion, Stannis, or Bran.

The fact that this is the 8th episode may indicate that they won't hasten things along. Season 3 is going to end with the freeing of the Yunkish slaves, and season 4 will introduce us the Meereen.

'Second Sons' as a title can refer to both the sellsword company and any real second sons, for instance Tyrion, Stannis, or Bran.

The fact that this is the 8th episode may indicate that they won't hasten things along. Season 3 is going to end with the freeing of the Yunkish slaves, and season 4 will introduce us the Meereen.

As the season finale is called Mysha everyone already assumed it would end with the freeing of the Yunkai slaves.

Second Sons is the more important company because of the links it has with other characters: the Red Viper, Bittersteel. Whether they flesh out these characters and their pasts remains to be seen.

And second sons could refer to so many people. Basically anyone who's been touted as the valonqar, but for specific second sons in s3 - Stannis, the Hound, Tyrion, Jon etc.

Not sure if the entire episode titles has been listed yet (I know a couple were listed as unannounced)

1. Valar Dohaeris

2. Dark Wings, Dark Worlds

3. Walk of Punishment

4. And Now His Watch Has Ended

5. Kissed by Fire

6. The Climb

7. The Bear and th Maiden Fair

8. Second Sons

9. The Rains of Castamere

10. Mhysa

Ramsey's a second son too, right?

• 2 weeks later...

They have released the synopsis of 6-9

Episode 3×06 – “The Climb”

Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alik Sakharov.)

Episode 3×07 – “The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal. (Written by George R. R. Martin; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Episode 3×08 – “Second Sons

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/11/game-of-thrones-episode-synopses-season-3/

They have released the synopsis of 6-9

http://www.hypable.c...opses-season-3/

Hahaha, I'm looking forward to the non-book readers flipping out at the ep description for 3x08. (WTF is a reference to Tyrion and Sansa's wedding night doing in the episode description? Isn't the goal to attract viewers with these synopses, not make them run away screaming?)

Well, is official, Yunkai will be this season and not merged with Mereen like a lot of people feared.

"Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman." Could it be Coldhands?? (add that to the ravens and the glimpse of Bran at what most of us think is the Nightfort and I guess we can say is official too?)

"Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry". This is what caught my atention the most, will she tell him he's Robert bastard? I guess is necessary to change Edric for Gendry, but I always expected that revelation to be very important in the upcoming books (at lest for the BWB arc).

ETA; Someone in WiC made an interesting post "I love that the scene in the previews that everyone has been freaking out about between Melisandre and Gendry is in the GRRM written episode." Yup, GRRM aproves the change or so it seems :P

Well, is official, Yunkai will be this season and not merged with Mereen like a lot of people feared.

"Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman." Could it be Coldhands?? (add that to the ravens and the glimpse of Bran at what most of us think is the Nightfort and I guess we can say is official too?)

"Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry". This is what caught my atention the most, will she tell him he's Robert bastard? I guess is necessary to change Edric for Gendry, but I always expected that revelation to be very important in the upcoming books (at lest for the BWB arc).

ETA; Someone in WiC made an interesting post "I love that the scene in the previews that everyone has been freaking out about between Melisandre and Gendry is in the GRRM written episode." Yup, GRRM aproves the change or so it seems :P

Bryan Cogman just confirmed that GRRM himself wrote the scene between Mel and Gendry.

Bryan Cogman just confirmed that GRRM himself wrote the scene between Mel and Gendry.

At least it will probably be pretty good then. Of course ultimately D+D decides what happens in the show and he has to work with it in his episode (e.g Shae in BBW) however I do agree that if he really wasn't happy with the change he wouldn't want the episode were it features. Which suggests to me that it probably isn't a huge change like Gendry and Mel having a shadowbaby.

I expect he'll be kidnapped for the leeches thing and a potential sacrifice, and then shipped back to the riverlands by the time the finale. My worry for the plot line as a whole is that from this description it seems Mel is already with the BWB whilst Arya is still with them. I hope she doesn't steal Arya's spotlight too much.

I'm also interested in where they'll be taking Gendry in future seasons because I read a comment from Joe Dempsy that D+D were open to the idea of inventing new plots for his character. I'm going to bet that Brienne's arc will be in S4, and rather than just appearing back with the BWB without any explanation, Gendry will meet up with Brienne on the road and partake in her adventures.

I'm not sure if Gendry is going to leave Dragonstone so soon. And I'd actually be surprised if Mel considered Gendry to be banging material. That she is going to reveal to him that his father was King Robert was obvious from the moment he became a stand-in for Edric Storm. I don't see Gendry going to with the somewhat strange redhead if she is not going to tell him who sent her, where they are going, and who they are going to meet on Dragonstone (i.e. his uncle and cousin).

'Davos demanding proof' in episode 8 seems to refer to the leeches thing. Which means that Davos convinces Stannis that they can't consider sacrificing his nephew if all they have is Melisandre's assurances that this is going to work. With the Red Wedding in episode 9, episode 10 could include a culmination of the sacrificing plot, but I'm still not sure. Joffrey (and most likely even Balon) will still be alive and kicking at this time. Davos might already spirit Gendry away from Dragonstone in the very last episode, but I'd like it better if this plot would only be resolved in season 4.

The Dragonstone plot could simply end with Stannis promising Mel to give her Gendry (and everything else she wants) if both Joffrey and Balon were to die as well.

I expect he'll be kidnapped for the leeches thing and a potential sacrifice, and then shipped back to the riverlands by the time the finale. My worry for the plot line as a whole is that from this description it seems Mel is already with the BWB whilst Arya is still with them. I hope she doesn't steal Arya's spotlight too much.

I am just glad that we are getting more Melisandre this season. I really don't think that she could steal Arya's spotlight though.

It also isn't out of character for Melisandre to be using seduction as a method of convincing a character to do something.

I'm also interested in where they'll be taking Gendry in future seasons because I read a comment from Joe Dempsy that D+D were open to the idea of inventing new plots for his character. I'm going to bet that Brienne's arc will be in S4, and rather than just appearing back with the BWB without any explanation, Gendry will meet up with Brienne on the road and partake in her adventures.

I was really surprised to see Joe's name in the credits of Episode 2, but it does suggest that D&D have big things planned for his character. I think he is a much more likely candidate for Brienne's travelling partner than Podrick - I think that Joe and Gwen would have pretty great chemistry too.

I'm not sure if Gendry is going to leave Dragonstone so soon. And I'd actually be surprised if Mel considered Gendry to be banging material. That she is going to reveal to him that his father was King Robert was obvious from the moment he became a stand-in for Edric Storm. I don't see Gendry going to with the somewhat strange redhead if she is not going to tell him who sent her, where they are going, and who they are going to meet on Dragonstone (i.e. his uncle and cousin).

'Davos demanding proof' in episode 8 seems to refer to the leeches thing. Which means that Davos convinces Stannis that they can't consider sacrificing his nephew if all they have is Melisandre's assurances that this is going to work. With the Red Wedding in episode 9, episode 10 could include a culmination of the sacrificing plot, but I'm still not sure. Joffrey (and most likely even Balon) will still be alive and kicking at this time. Davos might already spirit Gendry away from Dragonstone in the very last episode, but I'd like it better if this plot would only be resolved in season 4.

The Dragonstone plot could simply end with Stannis promising Mel to give her Gendry (and everything else she wants) if both Joffrey and Balon were to die as well.

I agree, I think that the Gendry sacrifice plot will end with the leeches this season and something of an ultimatum. I expect that they will hear about the Red Wedding in the finale and that will cause Davos to be concerned.

I really hope that they build up a nice relationship between Gendry and Shireen. That would be nice. Gendry could almost be a surrogate son for Davos too.

Well, they could just skip the whole stuff about saving Gendry, and have Davos convince Stannis with the letter only to go North and defend the Wall. Then Gendry could accompany them, become a sort of surrogate figure for Daven Seaworth as Stannis' squire.

It would not change Gendry's character all that much. He has become a devoted follower of R'hllor in the books as well...

Show Stannis cannot have the same issues with Gendry he and Selyse had with Edric in the books since Gendry was obviously not conceived in Stannis marriage bed.

If Gendry went North with Stannis the chances for him to finally meet with Arya again are much higher than if he returns to the Riverlands. UnCat and Thoros seem to be the ones really fucked up in AFfC (and the coming novels).

Archived