Game of Thrones Episode Titles

Westeros

Im not saying PW is something that definitely will happen this season, but I disagree that Oberyn needs to be in attendance. Sure, for the books it added suspicion that he may have had something to do with the poison but IMO its something they can easily get away with leaving out of the show if they really wanted.

But then again, they can't condemn Tyrion to death, only to introduce Oberyn out of nowhere as his champion for the trial by combat. Oberyn is a really interesting character, and I would prefer if the show spent some time on him. That way, it fleshes him out more, and makes his untimely death even more shocking.

But then again, they can't condemn Tyrion to death, only to introduce Oberyn out of nowhere as his champion for the trial by combat. Oberyn is a really interesting character, and I would prefer if the show spent some time on him. That way, it fleshes him out more, and makes his untimely death even more shocking.

He'll be season four's Ned. They'll introduce him in episode one and off him in the ninth.

Yeah, that is the tricky part. The only thing I can think of is that there would be mentions throughout this season that the Dornish are sending someone to KL to sit on the council ( Prince Doran) but then in Season 4 episode 1 they are shocked to receive Oberyn instead. Oberyn, upon hearing of the PW and Tyrions predicament, starts to visit the Imp in the black cells. There, those two have the majority of the conversations they had in the books over the course of a few episodes, and by the end of it, Oberyn tells Tyrion he will champion for him.

Who knows though, PW coud very well be next year.

Doesn't episode 07 seem a little too early for Jaime, Brienne, and the pit? They don't arrive in KL until after the PW which will probably be a few episodes into season 4. What will they do for the last few episodes of season 3 and the first few of season 4?

I thought about this as well, but it depends on how many scenes they have before that episode. As another poster pointed out their actual journey isn't that long and wasn't that many chapters IIRC, and depending on how often they'll appear, 7 episodes might be enough.

However this makes me think that they're definitely back in KL by episode 10, PW or not.

The reason I say you can't leave it open ended if he does or not is because inevitably most everyone who watches the show will look up Joffreys fate and make sure hes dead for good. Thus, killing your cliffhanger. This way, you please the audience with Joffreys definite death and your cliffhanger there is Tyrions fate.

Maybe right.... or maybe wrong, it was long time ago, but another famous tv series, use this kind of cliffhanger, not assuring if he was dead, or who did, I´m talking about original "Dallas", and who shot JR, if mods approve it, here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_shot_J._R.%3F.

Maybe right.... or maybe wrong, it was long time ago, but another famous tv series, use this kind of cliffhanger, not assuring if he was dead, or who did, I´m talking about original "Dallas", and who shot JR, if mods approve it, here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia....ho_shot_J._R.?.

Well, two things. Dallas wasn't based off a book series was it?

Also, in 1980 it wasn't as easy as googling "Joffrey Baratheon death" or something along those lines and finding out exactly what went down.

I personally think it would be a mistake for them to leave his fate open ended. Just my opinion though

I personally don't see how Jamie can be in KL for the PW. It would really change his character dynamic if he's a witness, and it's not like he won't be at the wedding of his eldest son if he's on the property.

IMO, it would be a giant plot change for Jamie to be at the PW.

Well, two things. Dallas wasn't based off a book series was it?

Also, in 1980 it wasn't as easy as googling "Joffrey Baratheon death" or something along those lines and finding out exactly what went down.

I personally think it would be a mistake for them to leave his fate open ended. Just my opinion though

I agree. I think the bigger cliffhanger would be Tyrion arrested for murder. :)

I personally don't see how Jamie can be in KL for the PW. It would really change his character dynamic if he's a witness, and it's not like he won't be at the wedding of his eldest son if he's on the property.

IMO, it would be a giant plot change for Jamie to be at the PW.

I agree. I think the bigger cliffhanger would be Tyrion arrested for murder. :)

Definitely. I dont know if you saw me mention that before. I have this scene in my head in which the final line of dialogue is Cersei, in tears and in rage yelling. " Arrest the IMP. HE MURDERED AND POISONED THE KING" or something along those lines. Then bam you open season 4 with Tyrion in the black cells.

Definitely. I dont know if you saw me mention that before. I have this scene in my head in which the final line of dialogue is Cersei, in tears and in rage yelling. " Arrest the IMP. HE MURDERED AND POISONED THE KING" or something along those lines. Then bam you open season 4 with Tyrion in the black cells.

While that would be awesome, what would they do with Tyrion for the whole of Season 4? He cant just be in jail for most of the season. It seems more likely that Joffrey will die at the beginning of the fourth season, episode 4 maybe.

While that would be awesome, what would they do with Tyrion for the whole of Season 4? He cant just be in jail for most of the season. It seems more likely that Joffrey will die at the beginning of the fourth season, episode 4 maybe.

Im not saying he stays there, his arc would be escaping, killing tywin, and then crossing the narrow sea and then start is ADWD arc. remember, AFFC and ADWD are going on at the same time basically

Oberyn and Tyrion need some bonding time. He and Mace Tyrell most likely will be introduced in episode 1 or 2 or season 4. The Purple Wedding will likely take place in episodes 4-5. Wedding preparations may be in episode 4 (the exchange of the gifts, and stuff). They most likely want to savor the fruit from the Sansa and Tyrion marriage as well. Especially with the Tyrion-Shae-Sansa-relationship the show has established.

If they stick to Penny later on, they will also have to give us the jousting dwarfs. This is going to take time.

It would make little sense for Oberyn to champion Tyrion if they had not talked to each other before Tyrion got imprisoned.

The trial-by-battle will most likely take place in episode 8 (with the majority of the trial, and Shae's confession in episode 7). Tywin and Shae's deaths will be placed in episode 10. That's logical and obvious choice.

The Purple Wedding is much more than just Joffrey's death. It's a huge event, a royal wedding between the most powerful and wealthiest families of Westeros. They should take their time and show off all that wealth, even on the smaller scale they have in the show.

This cannot be done in a first episode, and certainly not in a last episode that has been preceded by the Red Wedding. It just doesn't make any sense. Why not let the Lannisters (i.e. Cersei, Tywin, and Joffrey) enjoy their triumph and glory. Vengeance will come for sure in season 4, it does not need to be rushed.

Oberyn and Tyrion need some bonding time. He and Mace Tyrell most likely will be introduced in episode 1 or 2 or season 4. The Purple Wedding will likely take place in episodes 4-5. Wedding preparations may be in episode 4 (the exchange of the gifts, and stuff). They most likely want to savor the fruit from the Sansa and Tyrion marriage as well. Especially with the Tyrion-Shae-Sansa-relationship the show has established.

If they stick to Penny later on, they will also have to give us the jousting dwarfs. This is going to take time.

It would make little sense for Oberyn to champion Tyrion if they had not talked to each other before Tyrion got imprisoned.

The trial-by-battle will most likely take place in episode 8 (with the majority of the trial, and Shae's confession in episode 7). Tywin and Shae's deaths will be placed in episode 10. That's logical and obvious choice.

season 4 episode 1, tyrion greets oberyn upon arrival. i could def see that. i think despite me trying to justify why it can happen this year, most likely u are right, PW will be next season. s4 Episode 6 is possible? Thats when Viserys died in s1. kill 2 pricks at the same point of s1 and 3? lol

Re: The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Would it not be grand if they interleaved the bear pit scenes with the performance of the song?

There are reports of extras having to sing it around the bearpit. It's on WiC, somewhere.

I really hope that the PW is in this season... I think that it fits with the title Mysha, if they center on Dany freeing the slaves, UnCat and the loss for Cersei. I just cannot wait. 30 more days. Here's hoping that D&D have learned their sophomore lessons and have returned to a more faithful adaptation.

The PW should be episode 1 of S4 imo. End the episode with Joff clawing at his throat for a crazy start to the season. They could introduce the Red Viper at the beginning of the ep if they have not done so already.

I agree.

If it's not at the end of this season, I really think it needs to be in the beginning of next.

It's just that this entire season the action at KL is going to be getting ready for Joffrey's wedding. There's no getting around that. It's why The Queen of Thornes is even there. He has no reason not to marry Margery immediately, aside from the prep-time, and her family's arrival. She's not a child like Sansa. Why would they postpone his wedding again? Makes no sense really.

Remember, Joffrey's Wedding will be the focal wedding for non-book readers. So to put that off for another year might be very weird. While the other two will be a surprise when they come, (nice dress, guess what?), the one at the Twins (the apologetic/arranged/planned one) isn't supposed to be a big deal.

For television, events as they happen (chronologically) in time, plays better than how they appear in the books. Non-linear/elliptical story lines are almost never done in TV, because the audience can't follow it unless it's limited to one episode in a flashback (Out of Gas - Firefly.)

It's why they pushed Bran & Co meeting the Reeds until this season, so it will make sense, (and save money on casting...), and be easier for the non-reading audience to follow.

Remember: Events in the books overlap time-wise from book to book. (Though I have no problem with LS/Beric being moved sooner in time to the end of this season.)

Maybe someone needs to put "(SPOILERS)" in the titles of these threads - they seem to be everywhere right now.... :)

I really hope that the PW is in this season... I think that it fits with the title Mysha, if they center on Dany freeing the slaves, UnCat and the loss for Cersei. I just cannot wait. 30 more days. Here's hoping that D&D have learned their sophomore lessons and have returned to a more faithful adaptation.

Totally agree.

They don't need to care about the audience's expectations. If they explain why Joffrey's wedding is going to postponed in season 3. I'm sure Lady Olenna is not going to arrive at KL in episode 1, either, More likely in episode 2 or 3. Then there will be the Tyrell intrigues, going on, the continuation of the war, and so on. Never ever said Joffrey and Margaery would wed at once. They are betrothed now, that's all.

Sansa and Joffrey were betrothed, too. They did not marry, either.

We might even see some attempts to get rid of the Tyrell betrothal during the coming season. If Cersei behaves properly, she'll be very pissed about this whole Sansa steal incident...

The PW is not the focal point of season 4. It's the event which destroys the political landscape in KL:

1. Joffrey is dead. Tommen becomes King.

2. Tyrion gets imprisoned.

3. Sansa disappears.

4. Littlefinger leaves city and council permanently.

People who actually consider the PW could happen in 'Mhysa' or the first episode of season 4 always reduce this whole thing to Joffrey's murder. But that's not everything. Joffrey could die in any episode. But if he is going to die on his wedding, they will have to do it properly!

Archived