Dedicated to all BWBers insane enough to eat a ghost chili...

Many of you will be venturing to my hometown of San Antonio for LoneStarCon 3. FYI: there's a restaurant called Chunky's up in the northwest part of SA. It's nowhere near the con site, but this is the place that serves the infamous Four Horsemen Burger, made famous on the Travel Channel's Man vs. Food. We're talking jalapenos, habaneros, serranos AND ghost chilis all stacked onto a 1/2-pound burger.

Jalapenos weigh in at 8000 units of heat on the Scoville scale. Serranos: 22,000 units. Habaneros: 325,000. And the Ghost Chili = 1,000,000 units of heat on the Scoville. Oy. You have to sign a medical release form before they allow you to eat this stack of culinary madness.

I looooove hot, spicy food, but I've not been crazy enough to try this burger. I have eaten Chunky's Ghost Chili Burger though. It's a 1/2-pound burger loaded with ghost chilis and topped off with a ghost chili sauce. It was like eating molten lava, but believe it or not, as brutal as it was, it's reportedly not as devastating as the Four Horsemen. Even so, I essentially dispensed fire for two days after consuming the Ghost Chili Burger. Let's just leave it at that....

The following is dedicated to all who are crazy enough to even consider an attempt at the Four Horsemen. At any rate -- I'll see all of you this summer at LSC3. :)

"If I eat this I'll turn into a dragon?" - Aerion Brightflame

:lmao:

I love all of you, even if the lot of you are stark raving mad. Actually, that might be part of the reason I love you reprobates. Which says a lot about me, I know. ;)

:lmao:

I love all of you, even if the lot of you are stark raving mad. Actually, that might be part of the reason I love you reprobates. Which says a lot about me, I know. ;)

This. So. Much. Yeesh... y'all are nuts!

Well that sounds like a knighthood ordeal if I ever heard one. Those of you that drank the Master at Arms at our last shindy should remember what ghost peppers are like.

Good God in heaven. I'll not soon forget.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that sounds like a knighthood ordeal if I ever heard one. Those of you that drank the Master at Arms at our last shindy should remember what ghost peppers are like.

Dude, don't kill the cast, even the ones that are already dead :ack:

I shall pack the medicated bog roll then ...

Dude, don't kill the cast, even the ones that are already dead :ack:

I shall pack the medicated bog roll then ...

If there is one rule of the BWB, it's "No Dying!" I think we should extend that to cover the cast and crew of the show, as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived