Would Jon order Tommen and Myrcella killed if he became king?

houseHB

He was raised by Ned Stark and Ned is his role model. We know that Ned fought with Robert when he didn't punish Tywin Lannister for the death of the Rhaegar's childrens and they only reconciled after Lyanna died. And, most likely, Jon knows this story. So, I don't see Jon doing something that is so against Ned's principles.

I think it is possible they will already dead before he "ever" becomes King. If not, it seems that everyone will if they do not already realize that they are not the "spawn" of Robert or any other Baratheon. If it were me and they were alive, yes, I would admit, they would have to die. Otherwise, they live, go back to the rock and the next thing you know, 20 years down the road, they and their kids are at a head of a 20k army trying to take their "birthright" back.

Look at it this way - are they a threat ?

I don't think he would want to, but if given zero choice by the circumstances, he might.

Let's say, if they started being enemy actors in their own right rather than enemy pawns. But they are too young for that at the moment. In 5 or more years, all bets are off.

No, i dont think so. So far, his actions have been to preserve life as much as possible. That being said, if he thought the lives of thousands depended on the deaths of two, we *MIGHT* have another fetch me a block moment

Why would he have them killed? Because their official father was the rebel and traitor Robert Baratheon? Or their real father the Kingslayer Jaime Lannister?

The Lannisters weren't so stupid to kill Sansa Stark, either. Having Myrcella and Tommen killed would just show the same bad habits as Ser Gregor Clegane. :spank:

I too believe they will be dead before Jon ever looks like claiming the throne. However, if GRRM decides to be brutal and follow yet more Wars of the Roses precedents, then whoever sits on the Iron Throne may well kill them, especially young Tommen. Henry VII married off all the possible female Plantagenet claimants to loyal Tudor men (he married Edward IV's daughter himself) and he or his son Henry VIII either killed or drove away the males, whether legitimate children (e.g. the four nephews of Edward IV) or pretenders (Simnel and Warbeck). That way you make sure there are no future possible rival claimants to the throne, however distant.

Jon is probably the only character in ASOIAF universe who hates or at least dislikes Tommen, he has made few rude comments about him, but I still don't think he would kill him, though he would probably force him to take black and send Myrcella to Silent Sisters.

Well, if Jon has had to defeat the other Targaryan claimants such as Dany and (f)Aegon in order to end up on the Iron Throne, then he may well see the sense of Tywin and Robert being so determined to kill off the children and grandchildren of mad Aerys after the rebellion, and why Robert was probably quite correct in wanting to kill off Dany and Viserys. Dead people don't claim thrones!

Why would he have them killed? Because their official father was the rebel and traitor Robert Baratheon? Or their real father the Kingslayer Jaime Lannister?

The Lannisters weren't so stupid to kill Sansa Stark, either. Having Myrcella and Tommen killed would just show the same bad habits as Ser Gregor Clegane. :spank:

While the Starks and the Lannisters were fighting Sansa was a valuable hostage especially once Jaime was captured. That's why Tyrion was so freaked out when she was left behind in the riot; he didn't care so much about Sansa's safety as he did about Jaime's. If all the Lannister resistance was wiped out and Jon was triumphant he'd have no need for Lannister hostages. Tommen and Myrcella wouldn't even be good matches, like Sansa, pre-will, because as bastards they'd have no claim to Casterly Rock. Nevertheless, I'd expect Jon to show mercy and send the Tommen to the Wall, if it still exists and Myrcella to the silent sisters or send them both into exile. Yeah, exiles are problematic, but who is going to support known bastards -- not legitimized like Daemon Blackfyre -- in a rebellion to claim the throne?

Jon wouldn't do this (without reason).

If Cersei and Jamie would admit at some point in the story, that they are not Roberts, they might survive. If they don't, the children will always stay a threat to the IT, as Lords may still claim they fight for Roberts rightful heir, even if they know better (which is imo already the case in the books) because they can gain something from it.

Also there is always the possibility that someone kills them "for" the next king/queen by miscalculating that the next king/queen might like it.

Archived