Grand Tyrell Conspiracy Theory

Oh, and felice: please look out for this theory I'm working on: Ned's execution didn't really happen; it was a Lannister plot, and everything that Arya saw in AGoT really took place on an elaborate soundstage Tywin had built up in the Dragonpit. And Tywin? He was fathered by Rhaegar, too, but that's really not relevant since he killed off the real Tywin Lannister and assumed his identity as a Faceless Man, which he did so he could protect Baby Aegon from Ashara Dane's clutches; she was having an affair with Lyanna Stark, and since they're both actually sisters, that's incest.

I'd love to see anyone try and prove me wrong.

:rofl: There is no need to proving you you are wrong:this is it! All GRRM's little pathetic plots are revealed. ;) Oh,great master :bow: But tell me,oh The Greatest,who are Jon's parents(Im willing to pay)??

MJS, kudo's for the longest and most worked-out theory I've ever seen around here. Now to pick at it ;)

There were a limited number of witnesses who would have heard enough to know that Cersei shamed Mace. I think that this is a hint that the Tyrells have met with Kevan in the meantime. I don’t believe that Kevan is in on their intrigues, but I think that the Tyrells know that they would be better treated by Kevan than Cersei.

She may well be playing Cersei and Marge both, but the only one she can have anything to gain from, imo, is Cersei, as she can, through Tommen, restore some Merryweather lands. They were taken into the crown-domain by Robert, IIRC. Besides, when things go wrong, the Merryweathers flee back to Longtable, not to the Tyrells

The walls of the Red Keep are infamous for having eyes and ears, and Qyburn appears to have his own spy network. Only in felice's world can Aurane Waters get away with somehow stealing the royal seal and having Tommen seal orders without Cersei's or the Council's consent, and remain undetected.

I have read through your first critique. Except for your whining about "so-and-so wouldn't do that,†you have posted no facts or evidence from the text that contradicts anything that I have posted.

As to the LF quote, Cersei is 'helped along' by her own councilors, they're facilitating her bad decisions, doesn't mean they're actively trying to depose her.

I take big issue here:

Step One: Get to KL

Step Two: Get Margaery married to Joff

Step Three: Off Joff first chance (luckily it works out at the wedding...see the other long thread regarding the how and why)

Step Four: Get Margaery to marry Tommen in Joff's place.

Now, here we come to the meat of AFFC.

Step Five: Consolidate the hold on Tommen by eliminating Cersei. (and here is where MJS' wonderfully thought out, slightly incomplete theory comes in)

I like the Tyrell-Plot-Theory because looking through Cersei's POV one could only really know that Cersei is not knowing what's going on. But I wonder what the role of Pycelle fits into this. He is the one who brings the moontea element in Cersei's 'plot'. And think about the circumstances. Pycelle is saying 'Margaery has ordered mootea for...', Cersei interrupting: 'I know which is for'.

It's possible Pycelle was trying to tell Cersei the name of a person not the purpose of moontea which Cersei indeed should know ;-).

Has he also abandoned Cersei 'for the good of the realm'? He and Swyft are the ones that governs the realm in the end. He sends for Kevan to serve as regent.

We know that he choose to side with Tywin Lannister for he was a man in whom he could trust. Tyrion might have been shaken his loyalty to the house of Lannister, and Cersei does not hide that she's not sure that if he should not go back in his black cell.

So if there's a plot to the destroy Cersei by the Tyrells would Pycelle not join the club or himself conceive something to end the rule of Cersei?

Aurane could have the help of Margaery to get Tommen this stamp thing doing. She could have get time with her husband alone and it would be pleasure to Tommen to stamp some document out of the regular.

You didn't answer my question. If Loras isn't mortally wounded, and he isn't aware of any plot where he should pretend to be mortally wounded, then what has he been doing on Dragonstone all that time?

Loras is a glory-hound. Do you not think he would wish to return to King's Landing as the Hero of Dragonstone?

Archived