Extended Season 3 Trailer

Westeros

Totally just some random dude with a beard, or maybe Davos after his imprisonement. The beard looks a little bit like Thoros' beard, but that's all.

You're right, I sincerely doubt it's Thoros, it just stood out to me after seeing how rugged Thoros was in the previous shot. Thank you for actually addressing the figure I was talking about :)

That shot of Tyrion looking through some kind of grille = Tyrion behind bars? Last King's Landing arc shot of Season 3, maybe?

Still no definite confirmation on PW in Season 3, and I suppose it's possible the Tyrion/grille shot could reference something other than Tyrion being imprisoned, but the fact that Cat's voiceover about what it feels like to lose what they love being over a shot of Cersei, is now followed by a shot of Joffrey in the extended trailer, is a pretty big hint.

If the PW is in S3 what are they going to pad S4 with. Are they going drag out Tyrion's issues until episode 8 or 9? Will Oberyn just show up at Tyrion's cell to offer his services as a champion in a trial by combat? I think shoving the weddings so close together will lessen the impact of both.

Bad move writers.

If the PW is in S3 what are they going to pad S4 with. Are they going drag out Tyrion's issues until episode 8 or 9? Will Oberyn just show up at Tyrion's cell to offer his services as a champion in a trial by combat? I think shoving the weddings so close together will lessen the impact of both.

Bad move writers.

I agree with your point about the PW being in season four, however I don't think anything we saw in this trailer would be an indication that it's happening this season. In fact, going by all of the production information we know regarding both The Tyrion & Sansa wedding and the RW, I'd say it's now almost certain that Joffrey's wedding will be next season. For the best.

I think the guy behind Melisandre is either Alester or Axell Florent. The are probably going to introduce the whole King's Men/Queen's Men division of Stannis's bannermen this season.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the previous thread, but I noticed something that vaguely references the RW.

In the very brief shot of what some have speculated as a cyvasse piece, to me it looks more like Robb's map from the last two seasons. If you look carefully, a wolf's head piece is placed next to a model of what seems to be a keep, but if you look carefully, it has two separate towers and an arched bridge. The arrival at The Twins?

So among the usual stuff, we've got:

Thoros of Myr with "The night is dark and full of terrors", and a shot of Melisandre.

The Night's Watch, including Samwell and Lord Commander Mormont, standing around a bonfire at what looks like Crasters.

Cersei: "You're not half as clever as you think you are." Tyrion: "Still makes me more clever than you."

Jojen walking through the fog up to a scared looking Bran. (His introduction scene perhaps?)

Joffrey holding a crossbow.

Asha (or Yara, ugh) walking through a group of ironborn. (A surprise to me, I didn't think she'd be in this season)

Brienne headbutting somebody in the face.

A lady crawling across the bed. I compared pictures and she looks quite a bit like Roslin Frey. Although she seems far too eager...

Joffrey on the Iron Throne.

Jaime on the ground with a dagger near his face.

Upset Sansa.

Angry Robb. Walking to perhaps behead a certain someone?

Jon: "I wanna fight for the side that fights for the living. Did I come to the right place?" I'm not sure who he's talking to, but it's got to be part of his warning of the coming wildling attack.

Jorah fighting what looks like Unsullied.

Robb and 'Talisa' in bed.

Brienne and Jaime swordfighting.

Tyrion looking through a small barred window. (?)

Tyrion with an axe.

Jon preparing to behead the old man.

Stannis. And a red head laying against his chest.

Riders with bows.

Ygritte enjoying herself. A lot.

Brienne in the bear pit! And the bear! She's got some nasty looking wounds too.

And last of all, an extended shot of Drogon flying around the boat. Jorah and Dany are in this scene, but it's perhaps better to note that 'Arstan Whitebeard' is not.

I love how the book readers making comments on youtube think they are super subtle with all their "Let's give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a HAND for his performance", "Can't wait for Jaime to have a more hands on role this season" comments. My TV-show only friends have already worked out what happens to Jaime this season.

And last of all, an extended shot of Drogon flying around the boat. Jorah and Dany are in this scene, but it's perhaps better to note that 'Arstan Whitebeard' is not.

Yes we have seen many stills of Ian McElhinney in , I guess that's, Astapor?

Unless he's below deck.

I love how the book readers making comments on youtube think they are super subtle with all their "Let's give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a HAND for his performance", "Can't wait for Jaime to have a more hands on role this season" comments. My TV-show only friends have already worked out what happens to Jaime this season.

Guess we have to hand it to them for being such smart cookies.

Notice how much smaller Drogon looks. In the original trailer, he was made to appear large, but you can tell he's not nearly as big in this trailer.

Also, where is Jorah in the trailer? Is that Astapor?

it shows Jorah twice, at least. once wearing new armor fighting, and with Dany on the ship.

You should have told your friends to avoid looking at the comments on YouTube. It's just a bunch of assholes trying to see who is the biggest asshole.

Archived