Extended Season 3 Trailer

Westeros

I love how the book readers making comments on youtube think they are super subtle with all their "Let's give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a HAND for his performance", "Can't wait for Jaime to have a more hands on role this season" comments. My TV-show only friends have already worked out what happens to Jaime this season.

Well all my tv-show only friends know better than to read YouTube comments, so maybe your friends had a hand to play in their own destinies here.

Guess we have to hand it to them for being such smart cookies.

:lol:

Who is the blind/weird looking guy towards the end?

I think you're talking about the wildling that wargs the eagle... I don't remember his name. @_@ They probably are combining that character and Varamyr Sixskins though.

ETA: Orell? Orell.

Jon: "I wanna fight for the side that fights for the living. Did I come to the right place?" I'm not sure who he's talking to, but it's got to be part of his warning of the coming wildling attack.

I am pretty sure he is talking to Mance. The shot looks the same as some of the behind the scenes shots of Jon and Mance in a tent. I am looking forward to seeing how that dynamic plays out in the show.

Holy Crap, those extra few seconds have made all the difference...Of course the best clip was that of the BEAR.. the one scene i was sure they'd cut in the tv series (mainly cause i live in northern ireland and been keeping a close eye on wither a bear was being used by the studio) SO happy, things are really coming together now.

The whore from Littlefinger's brothel seemed young enough to be an Arya/Jeyne Poole replacement. Though I am not sure if they'll keep the Jeyne Poole identity. I suppose it is possible, they could just show a small clip from Season 1, insert her next to Sansa in place of the the other extras (which is probably how they're going to remind people of Beric Dondarrion)

The scene with Cat spewing hate juxtaposed with Joff/Cersei seems to indicate that PW will be in the last episode? (I wonder if it might seem too rushed if it is) Or it could just be that they're foreshadowing Cat's turn toward the dark side.

Robb/Talisa: Wonder how they're going to justify that after all the boom boom, there is never a baby? Are we expected to understand probability or will they drop in some reference to one of them fretting over the matter and later conclude she was barren or something?

Trust them to keep "You know nothing, Jon Snow oh oh" :D

Brienne and the bear FTW!!!! (the pink dress and everything - she is actually super cute)

Tyrion: More clever, er I mean cleverer, no, more clever...

Stannis: http://oxforddiction...tive-adjectives

"Song featured in this trailer is "Bones" by MS MR" - Haunting!!!!

Robb/Talisa: Wonder how they're going to justify that after all the boom boom, there is never a baby? Are we expected to understand probability or will they drop in some reference to one of them fretting over the matter and later conclude she was barren or something?

The scene with Cat spewing hate juxtaposed with Joff/Cersei seems to indicate that PW will be in the last episode?

Because of basic biology, I dont think that needs to even be part of the story, IMO. There's a billion reasons someone doesn't get pregnant.

Getting pregnant isn't that easy. There's only a very small window of time inside a woman's cycle, and even then so many other things have to happen for one sperm to survive the swim of death all the way up the cervical canal (considering the female body treats sperm as a foreign invader until it's dead or not sperm anymore), to the top of the uterus, and hope there's a viable egg (that hasn't already died) waiting for it. Ane even then, if the inseminated egg cannot implant itself into the uterine wall, then there's no possibility of a pregnancy.

Just saying. Talisa can be as fertile as a bunny, but if Robb's sperm can't survive, or she hasn't been eating right, getting enough sleep, too much physical activity (see amenorrhoea - female athletes get this)....

My point is, just because they have sex, doesn't mean instant baby. Of course, they could go there, but I just don't see a reason for it. :)

Totally thought the same thing about the PW when I saw that.

Going off the trailer, it looks like the Purple Wedding is going to be in episode 10. I imagine material from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons will start showing up soon, certainly by the fourth season but perhaps even in this season. They can't have Theon disappear for an extended period of time, nor Asha for that matter.

So excited that Asha/Yara will be in this season!!!

I'm guessing Balon will die on-screen in the penultimate episode, and then in the finale, we have a few scenes with her. First we'd be catching up with her at Deepwood Motte where she'd learn the news of his death, and then we'd speed ahead to her arriving at the Iron Islands and going to the scene of the crime (which is what I think that shot in the trailer is of)

It'll be a perfect segway into Season 4, where (I assume) she'll become a main character; settling in to the Iron Islands, meeting with the Harlaws, dealing with the arrival of her uncles, etc.

The scene with Cat spewing hate juxtaposed with Joff/Cersei seems to indicate that PW will be in the last episode? (I wonder if it might seem too rushed if it is)

Precisely what I thought. I'm positive the PW is in Season 3. (I've been leaning in that direction for a while, but the more information that comes out, the more certain I am.)

Or, you know, they could just kill off Talisa at the Red Wedding. Talisa will likely be present at the Red Wedding--Oona Chaplin tweeted from the set something that suggested she was present when the RW was filmed--and absent some non-book twist like Talisa being infertile, or some Lannister/Frey stooge covertly slipping anti-fertility potions into her food, Talisa's potential pregnancy will be a big loose end. Tywin and the Lannisters' triumph won't be total in 3x10 if there's a possibly pregnant Talisa hanging around after the Red Wedding.

Yeah, this trailer was such a tease.... I'm very disappointed. We get the same trailer, with only about 15 seconds added stuff??? . Last year each trailer had something of its own, they were kind of separate. Anyway, at least we get to see Jojen, Mel, Stannis, the bear and the maiden fair :).

I kind of liked what they did with Drogon, he seemed so big in the first trailer :). Maybe many non-book-readers will be a little outraged :).

Any idea what was Tyrion doing with that weapon?

Don't be, we get to see more when the season actually airs.

Looks like we see a glimpse of Ramsays hunt! Did you see those horsemen with bows??

Two silly things that are coming up that I dont quite understand. People thinking Tyrion is locked up or behind bards in that shot of him looking through a gated window. It really doesn't looke like a cell at all. Im willing to bet hes not imprisoned there, 100%.

Relatedly, as someone who is open to the idea of PW in episode 10 this year, I dont quite understand why people think this trailer makes it more likely? Because of some clever editing? Don't be so naive guys..

My point is, just because they have sex, doesn't mean instant baby. Of course, they could go there, but I just don't see a reason for it. :)

I completely agree. It just crossed my mind since they make a big deal of it in the books, but if you think about it, it totally makes sense from Sybell Spicer's POV - she *had* to make sure there was no baby. But if Talisa is really a Volantene noble and has nothing to do with Tywin, they probably don't even need to go there. In that case, the scene seems useless though considering they already showed Robb and Talisa doing the deed last season, but just as I said it, I remembered D & D :D

Archived