Extended Season 3 Trailer

Westeros

Relatedly, as someone who is open to the idea of PW in episode 10 this year, I dont quite understand why people think this trailer makes it more likely? Because of some clever editing? Don't be so naive guys..

Well, the trailer had "clever editing" that alluded to two things that we know will happen in Season 3: "Death is coming for everyone and everything" superimposed over a shot of Cat and Robb and then a shot of Robb (for whom death is assuredly coming), and Jorah saying "hand" right over a shot of Jaime screaming in pain (presumably as his handless stump is cauterized). So I don't think it's much of a stretch to associate the fact that the trailers tie a voiceover from Cat of "losing what they love" to a shot of Cersei and a shot of Joffrey with something in Season 3 that will also happen (the PW).

Fair warning: I'll be getting my gloat on when the PW happens in 3x10.

In other news, Jorah taking out that soldier was so hot. Ugh, why is TV Jorah so attractive? I'm not supposed to feel this way about him!

Two silly things that are coming up that I dont quite understand. People thinking Tyrion is locked up or behind bards in that shot of him looking through a gated window. It really doesn't looke like a cell at all. Im willing to bet hes not imprisoned there, 100%.

Relatedly, as someone who is open to the idea of PW in episode 10 this year, I dont quite understand why people think this trailer makes it more likely? Because of some clever editing? Don't be so naive guys..

I actually don't want the PW to be in this season :)

As to why I think this trailer makes it more likely - it just seems like this trailer is full of such clever editing. Of course, it could just be foreshadowing for other things or foreshadowing for the PW in the next season, but looking at the other things that are being hinted at, it seemed like the Cat/Cersei/Joff montage was a bang on hint for the PW

Put a sword in a man's hand [Jamie crying out], makes a beast of him [Rast probably on his way to kill Mormont]

Death is coming for everyone and everything [focus on Robb]

Show them what it feels like [Cersei] to lose someone they love [Joff]

Well, the trailer had "clever editing" that alluded to two things that we know will happen in Season 3: "Death is coming for everyone and everything" superimposed over a shot of Cat and Robb and then a shot of Robb (for whom death is assuredly coming), and Jorah saying "hand" right over a shot of Jaime screaming in pain (presumably as his handless stump is cauterized). So I don't think it's much of a stretch to associate the fact that the trailers tie a voiceover from Cat of "losing what they love" to a shot of Cersei and a shot of Joffrey with something in Season 3 that will also happen (the PW).

But thats part of being clever, not being predictable. You can have those 2 shots you mentioned as a wink to the fans of the book, and then you can have other stuff to mess with fans of the book and keep us all guessing.

Besides, when Catelyn says, "losing what they love", who in the world does everyone assume shes going to be talking about? Lannisters. To me, thats more of the reason why the shot of Cersei and Joff is in there, because its implying she wants the Lannisters to suffer like she has.

Not to mention, Robb and Catelyn have nothing to do with the PW

Listen, I want the PW as much as anyone this year. But I don't think this new cut in the trailer makes it more likely

Don't be, we get to see more when the season actually airs.

Looks like we see a glimpse of Ramsays hunt! Did you see those horsemen with bows??

Not sure, could be the BWB (Anguy, Lem et all chancing upon Arya and co)

Edit: I guess not, IIRC, they don't have horses when they find Arya, but it could be them chasing Arya when she tries to flee

I hope your right. I guess I'm so against it because I personally think that ASOS was the last really great book in ASOIAF, AFFC and ADWD weren't as good IMO. I don't think there is enough material for various characters for the majority of the audience to remain engaged but mostly I wonder if they can do the event justice crammed into one episode like that. I assume ep 10 will have the RW fallout. In addition to poignant moments with Arya and Sansa, we'll also have to check in with Brienne, Jaimie, Jon Snow, Stannis, Bran and the Reeds and episode 10 is supposed to be a big Dany episode as well. I just really doubt there's time.

But time will tell.

I've always thought the Purple Wedding would conclude this season, even before the trailer. I can't imagine the writers will conclude the final episode with the Lannisters reveling in triumph (for the second season in a row). As it is, I see no reason for them to delay it until the next season even dismissing that consideration. I think they will be importing some of the Ironborn storyline from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons into this and the following season in order to keep Theon and Asha relevant. So there is plenty of material to cover.

Weren't there rumors from the set that there was "a lot of blood" while filming Sansa and Tyrion's wedding? I'm hoping they'll save the PW for the 4th season - it'd be perfect for the 2nd or 3rd episode - but who knows?

I looked up the quote (it was actually described as a "cluster____ of blood"), and it was a quote on Tumblr from someone's old technology teacher who had apparently been on the set. Apparently, he first referred to the set with the "cluster_____ of blood" as the Red Wedding and then later corrected himself and claimed it was Joffrey's wedding. There could be a lot of fake blood at Joffrey's wedding, I guess, depending on just how graphic his death is (if he claws his own neck to ribbons), but it sounds more like the Red Wedding, to be honest. At any rate, I don't place a great deal of stock in this, especially if the source is getting two very different book events mixed up which aren't easily confused.

However, the Tumblr post about the technology teacher revealing that the "Red Wedding" had just been filmed was from around the middle of September 2012, whereas we know from WIC.net that the Red Wedding filming didn't start until the second week or so of October 2012, so again, it sounds like the wedding set he helped on was Joffrey's wedding. (PW in Season 3. Just saying.)

On the other hand, there were set spoilers on WIC.net that the Tyrion/Sansa wedding was filmed in the middle of September 2012, about the same time when the technology teacher supposedly saw a wedding filmed with a ton of fake blood. So is the Tyrion/Sansa wedding the one with all the fake blood? And if so, how could the technology teacher get the two mixed up? Were the Tyrion/Sansa wedding and the Joffrey/Margaery wedding filmed at the same time?

The fan theory I've seen that Joffrey will die at Sansa and Tyrion's wedding feast seems to me to be contradicted by the trailer scene with Joffrey telling Tyrion and Tywin "Everyone is mine to torment," which, while being a non-book line, is pretty clearly a response to Tyrion's book line "Sansa is no longer yours to torment" which comes on the heels of the Red Wedding when Joffrey is thinking of offering Sansa Robb's head to kiss. That seems to rule out Joffrey dying at Sansa and Tyrion's wedding and not his own, since Sansa and Tyrion's wedding happens in 3x08 (or 3x07, if it got moved) and Joffrey is still alive after the Red Wedding.

I really like this extended trailer mainly for the Cersei-Tyrion banter and the addition of Brienne's scenes.

Paul Kaye's line delivery is really good. He certainly looks the part of a travelling outlaw.

I wonder if Yara is going to appear at Winterfell this season to try and find out what happened to Theon. Could this be part of the Flayed Man reveal. Let's face it, I don't know about you guys but I miss CSI: Winterfell. :-)

I'm also really glad to get a glimpse of Melisandre, but still no Margaery. I'm more convinced than ever that Drogon will be the first Dany scene of the season.

That girl in the red scene, I thought maybe was some whore, but then, the red curtains, the red table, the red light... everything red.. RED... made me think about it....

And yes I'd agree that's Jeyne Poole at LF's brothel.

According to WiC.net, the woman is Pixie Le Knot, a professional contortionist who was cast as a prostitute. They didn't specify which prostitute, however, so Jeyne's fair game.

That girl in the red scene, I thought maybe was some whore, but then, the red curtains, the red table, the red light... everything red.. RED... made me think about it....

Melisandre? No way. This is the room in LF's brothel we already saw before in the scene where Ros was crying.

That woman is going to be fake Arya, yeah, I don't think so.

I agree. No way anybody is even going to pretend they believe she is Arya.

We saw Jojen Reed! So excited about seeing more of the Reed children.

Also, need more Sansa. And the direwolves.

That woman is going to be fake Arya, yeah, I don't think so.

I agree. No way anybody is even going to pretend they believe she is Arya.

Who knows? She could play a very loose Arya!

(In all seriousness, she's a bit too old for the role. But it's quite fun to ponder otherwise)

Archived