Extended Season 3 Trailer

Westeros

Maybe so, but there's also that scene in the trailer where Sansa is made up to look like she's grieving, and she's wearing the same dress she's wearing in the 3x10 still. If Joffrey dies at Sansa and Tyrion's wedding, what on Earth is Sansa still doing in KL?

On a completely unrelated note, I don't know if it's the budget or what, but everything looks so much richer and more colourful than in Season 1, especially in the King's Landing scenes.

I doubt he's going to die at the T+S wedding either, I don't know how that has become a theory. IMO it's just people grasping at straws (since they can't wait to find out :P)

The budget seems definitely more rich per episode, which makes total sense since they could distribute it throughout the season this time and not save it for one episode (Blackwater)

Because the actress who plays Catelyn is awesome. The show is chronological, not bookalogical.

Nymeria fishes Catelyn out of the river a few days after the RW, BwB come up on her and she's forced to abandon her mother. Beric asks Thoros to bring her back, Thoros refuses and Beric does instead.

Yes this is true that it occurs just days after the RW, but there is no reason to show viewers what happens. Say for example, after Nymeria via Arya's POV pulls Cat out of the river (if they even show this) they then can let it simmer with fans. Exactly because she's awesome they won't want to rush it

I'm a firm believer that the PW has no place in S3. I've already stated my reasons -- but I was thinking about what would make a good ending *and* give those viewers who are mourning Robb/Cat a small taste of vengeance-to-come.

The season could end with just a quick shot of UnCat opening her eyes (or something like that). It would fit their pattern of ending a season on a magical/supernatural note and let viewers know that hey, revenge will be sought... and will kill the need (as some feel) for the PW.

That being said I don't recall if we ever found out just when her resurrection took place (off-screen of course, since we don't find out til the epilogue). Would that even work, timeline-wise?

ETA: I think my Q was answered above. Lol.

I don't see Joffrey dying at Sansa & Tyrion's wedding. There's no betrothal period for Sansa. She gets a new dress, and "oh hai, you're getting married." I think the audience will learn of her wedding when she does, pretty much as it happens.

I know. I was kind of thinking out loud for how it might happen in the show. Personally I would rather have the PW happen in S4.

I thought about that, but unless it's some clever editing, Tywin appears to be present when Joffrey mouths off about everyone being his to torment, and the outfit Tywin is wearing in that scene from the trailer is the same he's shown to be wearing in the HBO character still released a while back, which was described as being from Episode 10. In one of the making-of videos, there's a bit of footage which appears to be a shot of the wedding guests at Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, and Tywin is dressed differently; he's got this kind of smooth leather overcoat on with swirly gold detail, as opposed to his armour-like overcoat in the trailer.

I am confused about the Season 3 filming spoilers, since there was a mid-September 2012 set report from a wedding filmed before the Red Wedding, and this stated that a "cluster____ of fake blood" was used, which doesn't right for either Joffrey or Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, unless Joffrey's death is really, really graphic. (Tyrion/Sansa's wedding was filmed in the middle of September 2012, which is when this report came out.) I also remember someone who worked on the GOT set posting a Tweet about some leftover prop wedding cake way back in July or August 2012, way before the Tyrion/Sansa wedding (mid-September 2012) or the Red Wedding (early/mid-October 2012) was filmed, so I don't know what to think. I used to think that the PW was filmed way back in July/August 2012 and that's why we didn't hear anything about it, but it almost sounds as if this "fake blood" wedding must be the PW. I suppose it's possible that the Tyrion/Sansa wedding and the Joffrey/Margaery wedding were filmed at the same time (saving on having to gather hundreds of extras all over again), but it seems odd that WIC.net and all the extras spilled the beans about the Tyrion/Sansa wedding and didn't mention the Joffrey/Margaery wedding at all, especially since WIC.net reported all about the timing of filming of the Tyrion/Sansa wedding and the Red Wedding.

Keep in mind, scenes are rarely filmed in order.

The show is chronological, not bookalogical.

This x ∞³ !

And everything else you said!!!! :bowdown:

We can be reasonably sure the Viper hasn't been cast because no one has heard anything about it, nor has anyone been cast who would really be considered to fit the Viper's description. Look at what happened when the part of "Boy" was cast. The fans quickly deduced that, based on the little information available and by his looks that he would be playing Ramsay Bolton. You don't think the same thing would have happened with a character as important as the Red Viper?

Plus, the Viper's casting doesn't need to be a secret. Why would they even bother casting him and trying to hide it? Given how popular the character is, wouldn't they be promoting it if he was cast like they've been doing with all the other new characters (like the Blackfish or Mance)? It makes sense to hide Ramsay's casting (although even to that end they couldn't hide it completely) given what we can infer about what will happen to Theon this season, but it makes no sense at all to hide the casting of the Red Viper.

Part of the build up to Joffrey's wedding is the arrival of the Red Viper. It makes no sense to bring him in after the wedding is over, and in fact makes much more sense to tell the story the way it's told in the books, with him befriending Tyrion before eventually standing for him.

Ultimately, having the Purple Wedding in season three just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why even bother splitting the third book in two only to cram most of the major events into season three? Why try to rush one of the most important events into the third season when it would fit so much better midway through the fourth? Why rush content from the third book when the fourth and fifth aren't nearly as good? Doesn't it make much more sense to stretch the content from the third book out as much as possible? Shoving the PW into season three would be purely indicative of bad, lazy writing.

That said, I am pretty confident in my position that there will be no Purple Wedding in season three.

There's every reason to hide the Viper's casting, you say so yourself: because it would signal the PW. Remember Sean Connery in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves? They still want to surprise hardcore fans, as well as new fans.

Letting Ramsey's casting be known is a signal to all the Theon fans - he's one of the ManCandyâ„¢, and like the Reeds, his material really starts in ACOK.

The PW is halfway through ASOS. There's still TONS of stuff to come before Tyrion and his crossbow, plus all the events happening simultaneously that are from AFFC & ADWD. As was stated so brilliantly above: The show is chronological, not bookalogical.

IMO, if the RW doesn't happen in 3:10, then it needs to happen in 4:1.

I also think the reason they're bringing Lysa and Robin in this season, is if the audience doesn't see them for two full seasons, Robin won't be recognizable in season 4 due to normal human growth. I think everyone will remember her with one missing season... she's rather hard to forget.

You mean the Chartreuse Wedding?? Don't discount the CW like that

Hahaha! Seriously, though, from the shots from promotional materials/trailers, it looks like Sansa's wedding dress is actually that weird, sickly mint green/hospital green that the costume designer is using for Tyrell outfits, with gold embroidery. I guess the idea is that the dress, being in Tyrell colours, is supposedly a gift from Margaery, which is why Sansa doesn't twig to it being a wedding dress right away. (If it had been ivory, she would have assumed it was a wedding dress, as Myrcella said in 2x03 that wedding dresses are ivory, so I guess this is to keep Sansa from figuring it out until the worst possible moment.) Come to think of it, it was odd in the books that Sansa thought there was nothing weird about her new dress being ivory, as I think wedding dresses are white or ivory in the books as well.

The funny thing is that in the shots with Sansa in her wedding dress, Joffrey is wearing an outfit with an identical colour scheme (hospital green with gold embroidery). They almost look like costume twins. Not quite sure what the costume designer was going for there.

Keep in mind, scenes are rarely filmed in order.

I'm aware of that, but it gets tough to pinpoint when the PW would have been filmed, if we're getting tweets about prop wedding cake from July, reports coming out mid-August on the filming of a wedding to be filmed shortly, news that the Tyrion/Sansa wedding was filmed in the middle of September (coupled with a set report from around that time supposedly about Joffrey's wedding or a wedding scene filmed with a ton of fake blood), and news about the Red Wedding being filmed in October.

I suppose the "wedding" scenes could have been filmed some time apart from the "wedding feast" scenes for the PW and Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, but it's all very confusing.

Although I absolutely agree about the colour coding being unnecessary (people should just be happy with Tyrion/Sansa wedding), Petyr and Lysa's ended with "death do us part" playing it's role. Tyrion + Sansa are still technically married no?

Yes, they are. Tyrion even talks of Sansa as his wife in ADWD.

Hahaha! Seriously, though, from the shots from promotional materials/trailers, it looks like Sansa's wedding dress is actually that weird, sickly mint green/hospital green that the costume designer is using for Tyrell outfits, with gold embroidery. I guess the idea is that the dress, being in Tyrell colours, is supposedly a gift from Margaery, which is why Sansa doesn't twig to it being a wedding dress right away. (If it had been ivory, she would have assumed it was a wedding dress, as Myrcella said in 2x03 that wedding dresses are ivory, so I guess this is to keep Sansa from figuring it out until the worst possible moment.) Come to think of it, it was odd in the books that Sansa thought there was nothing weird about her new dress being ivory, as I think wedding dresses are white or ivory in the books as well.

I do not think it was odd, dresses can be ivory even if they are not wedding dresses and Sansa surely had other things in mind than thinking of the significance of colour of her new dress.

Speaking of prostitutes, there is no shot of Shae shown, right? Anybody has an idea what will happen to her? I think they will keep her as Sansa's handmaiden like in the books; the triangle between Tyrion, Sansa and Shae was already shown in s2 a little (the scene before the Blackwater battle), their relationships can develop in interesting ways now.

Shae's in season three--there are a few glimpses of her in the Invitation to the Set video:

The eeriest moment of this trailer for me was the brief shot of the map at 1:07, featuring the direwolf figure closing in on the Twins marker. Yep, it's coming!!!

The scene with Cat spewing hate juxtaposed with Joff/Cersei seems to indicate that PW will be in the last episode? (I wonder if it might seem too rushed if it is)

i think it's edited like that simply because it makes sense and it coherent. If Cat is talking about vengeance, who else would they cut to? Not everything has to be a hint.

Hang on... If Joff dies in Episode 10 and Stoneheart rises in Episode 10, then that is going to be a whole lot less fun for the audience wondering if Stoneheart will get her revenge or not.

Joffrey is the main antagonist after all.

Up to his death, naturally then it becomes Ramsey/Roose. But yes I say leave the PW for the first half of season 4 and then ramp up R 'n' R.

Going off the trailer, it looks like the Purple Wedding is going to be in episode 10. I imagine material from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons will start showing up soon, certainly by the fourth season but perhaps even in this season. They can't have Theon disappear for an extended period of time, nor Asha for that matter.

I'd actually appreciate it if they made Theon disappear like he did in the books. It was great dramatic tension since we only received reports of him and made his reappearance all the more shocking. It's also why I'd rather Ramsay would be absent too.

But Alfie Allen does such a great job, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they'd try to shoehorn him in.

i'm in the camp of "the purple wedding should be in 3x10." Obviously it gives fans a reason to be happy, continue watching, and not just conclude "okay we get it, the good guys lose." Besides, the weddings were pretty close together in the books (less than 100 pages apart) so it wouldn't be changing much. They can still do the whole Lady Stoneheart bit too and throw fans another bone by suggesting revenge will be had on Walder Frey who obviously is going to be a hated character by the end of the season. Why put such a major event in either the first or second episode of season 4 anyway?

Plus there is still plenty of major happenings to come in season 4 including Tywin's death, LF/Sansa/Lysa, the battles at the wall, the Tyrell/Lannister power struggle, and the Oberyn arc (which, while awesome, isn't integral) can still be at the very beginning of season 4.

I am more curious to see where they end Bran, Arya, and Dany's arcs though.

Archived