Extended Season 3 Trailer

Westeros

So we've been told the girl in the red room is somebody called Pixie Le Knot, but I'm not sure.

This is Pixie Le Knot:

http://pixieleknot.c...428756694_n.jpg

This is the girl in the red room:

http://postimage.org/image/6ainlitt7/

http://postimage.org/image/4thbnvkdd/

And this is Alexandra Dowling, the girl that is playing Roslin Frey:

http://www.blastr.co...x377-105074.jpg

I think that she looks much more similar to Alexandra Dowling/Roslin Frey than Pixie Le Knot. The only thing is I can't see Roslin Frey ever being so eager, unless they've changed what her character is like. But it would make sense if it is her, it seems so out if place if it's just some random prostitute.

EDIT: Disregard this, it's definitely a room in LF's brothel.

I hate to think what sort of 'sexposition' they need a contortionist for...

"And now, Varys, let me demonstrate how I intend to seize control of the Vale of Arryn!"

Littlefinger summons one of his whores, ties her into a knot so no-one can tell which end is where, then fucks her.

I hate to think what sort of 'sexposition' they need a contortionist for...

"And now, Varys, let me demonstrate how I intend to seize control of the Vale of Arryn!"

Littlefinger summons one of his whores, ties her into a knot so no-one can tell which end is where, then fucks her.

I laughed hartily at this.

What would be the best way to shoot two weddings in KL and save the most money?

Discuss.

Well, it depends, really. But I'd say that it would be about equally expensive as filming them at two separate times. The throne room is an existing set, obviously, so the set would only need to be dressed differently for each respective wedding as it's unlikely they'd keep much of it the same between the two consecutively scheduled shoots (as they wouldn't be shot in an intermingled style regardless; the continuity would be a nightmare and it just wouldn't make sense to shoot in that manner). As the Purple Wedding will be much more extravagantly done, due to the fact that the king is getting married, I would expect it to be a more expensive process than the wedding between Tyrion and Sansa.

Same goes for the extras and the costuming and props. The PW will require more extras, in finer costumes, with more props, and would therefore be more expensive.

It's unlikely that any of the weddings will look similar aesthetically, whatsoever. Each will be distinct, which will be much harder to do with the two weddings taking place in King's Landing, because they'll be using the same set. They'll want the two to be visually distinct, so it's not like they'll be re-using much of the stuff that adds to the cost of the shoot (beyond the constants, which is cast and crew, equipment, catering, etc.) so the two events aren't interdependently cheaper to shoot.

, at 0.15 you can see a short shot that resembles Tyrion and Sansa's wedding. Could easily be 300 hundred people in that room.

There's a lot of people there, but 300? Not even close, half that at the most.

I think that if they were doing the PW this season, they would keep it quiet. I originally didn't think that it could possibly be this season, but they're pushing much further into the books than I expected, so who knows. We haven't seen any conclusive evidence pointing either way, and there's a lot of false info flying around too. I've heard reports of four separate wedding filmings this year, which obviously can't be true. We're not going to know until we see for ourselves and the credits have rolled at the end of the season.

Also, a lot of people have been saying there's no way to properly end the KL arc without the PW, but it's entirely possible. They could focus a lot more on the plots, everybody is wanting to kill Joffrey or put a new king on the throne, we hear the Red Viper of Dorne is coming for the wedding, who has a huge grudge against the Lannisters. They could really play up the wedding preparations too, combine this with Stannis' leeches, and everyone's going to want to tune in next season to see if Joffrey gets offed.

Godammit, just when I'm convinced that the PW definitely won't happen in s3 someone comes up with some reasonable things to say. I do like the idea of the 4th season taking things from the most recent three books, which I assume will subsequently mean that 5th season will cover just about everything in AFfC and aDWD, but then I imagine there will be the problem of the show having to take like a 5 year break until the WOW is published...

Same here. If the RW goes to episode 8, then the PW can happen at episode 9~10.

In terms of book chapters, the RW happens by the 51th chapter and the PW by the 60th. I prefer the PW happening at the 4th season, specially because of the need to wait until TWOW.

Episode 7 will be about the Bear Pit (chapter 44), but that would depend. However, Episode 10 seems to be about Yunkai (book chapter 42). Confusing.

We must wait.

Same here. If the RW goes to episode 8, then the PW can happen at episode 9~10.

In terms of book chapters, the RW happens by the 51th chapter and the PW by the 60th. I prefer the PW happening at the 4th season, specially because of the need to wait until TWOW.

Episode 7 will be about the Bear Pit (chapter 44), but that would depend. However, Episode 10 seems to be about Yunkai (book chapter 42). Confusing.

We must wait.

The order of events does not necessarily reflect the chronology of the books, and the events are not even placed in chronological order in the books either. There's a good timeline post somewhere about which shows that the books are more arranged thematically and dramatically than chronologically.

Also the RW is confirmed for E9, and as much as I'd like it I don't see how the PW can fit in E10 because of that.

The order of events does not necessarily reflect the chronology of the books, and the events are not even placed in chronological order in the books either. There's a good timeline post somewhere about which shows that the books are more arranged thematically and dramatically than chronologically.

Also the RW is confirmed for E9, and as much as I'd like it I don't see how the PW can fit in E10 because of that.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but it's a timeline of events in chronological (not bookological) order.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but it's a timeline of events in chronological (not bookological) order.

That is indeed the one I was referring to. If we assume that the timeline is correct (it's fan made but a lot of thought seems to have been put into it.) you see that Dany's arc is massively out of sync with everyone elses and that the ending of SOS overlaps somewhat with AFFC/ADWD.

My guess is that the one of the main reasons to split ASoS was to get the chance to make the Red Wedding the cataclysm of season 3. If they had adapted ASoS in one season, they would not have the chance to put the Red Wedding at the end of the season.

Adding the Purple Wedding as a sort of Epilogue to this season would actually ruin the impact the Red Wedding has on the audience. Season 3 will end with the Lannisters at the height of their power. The Stark cause is all but dead, there is no powerful opposition to Joffrey's rule left, and pretty much everyone should expect that Tywin will be able to deal with both Stannis and Balon in due time.

If you look at the way the actors playing KL characters are dressed in the recap show, it might actually answer the question:

1. Jack Gleeson is wearing a beautiful red velvet tunic that Joffrey was wearing in the extended trailer when he told Tyrion "Everyone is mine to torment," which must be from Episode 3x10 (even though this is a non-book line, it is almost surely a response to Tyrion telling Joffrey that Sansa is no longer his to torment, which is what he told Joffrey when Joffrey was musing about presenting Sansa with Robb's head).

2. Sophie Turner is wearing the green "scale" dress she is wearing in the 3x10 still showing her red ring, and in the shot from the extended trailer with her "grief" makeup (and Cersei with the jewelry box, also from a 3x10 still). However, her hair is done differently than in either the 3x10 still and in the extended trailer; it looks the way it does in the "Chaos" trailer where she's also wearing the "scale dress," which is with a sort of bun with a few longer strands hanging down. This is probably from 3x10 as well, but from a scene other than the scene with Sansa outdoors and the Cersei scene (as her hair is dressed differently). A bun might require a hairnet.

3. Lena Headey has the same hairstyle and dress she's wearing in that scene where she's with the Queen of Thorns in the HBO winter promo in a private hallway and is hurrying away from the QOT, looking very agitated. I'm not sure, but it could be a scene of Cersei hearing some commotion: Joffrey starting to choke to death, maybe?

There's also that weird background for the talking heads in the recap show: the iron bars look awfully like the doors to a prison cell.

It all seems to point pretty clearly to PW in Season 3.

If you look at the way the actors playing KL characters are dressed in the recap show, it might actually answer the question:

1. Jack Gleeson is wearing a beautiful red velvet tunic that Joffrey was wearing in the extended trailer when he told Tyrion "Everyone is mine to torment," which must be from Episode 3x10 (even though this is a non-book line, it is almost surely a response to Tyrion telling Joffrey that Sansa is no longer his to torment, which is what he told Joffrey when Joffrey was musing about presenting Sansa with Robb's head).

2. Sophie Turner is wearing the green "scale" dress she is wearing in the 3x10 still showing her red ring, and in the shot from the extended trailer with her "grief" makeup (and Cersei with the jewelry box, also from a 3x10 still). However, her hair is done differently than in either the 3x10 still and in the extended trailer; it looks the way it does in the "Chaos" trailer where she's also wearing the "scale dress," which is with a sort of bun with a few longer strands hanging down. This is probably from 3x10 as well, but from a scene other than the scene with Sansa outdoors and the Cersei scene (as her hair is dressed differently). A bun might require a hairnet.

3. Lena Headey has the same hairstyle and dress she's wearing in that scene where she's with the Queen of Thorns in the HBO winter promo in a private hallway and is hurrying away from the QOT, looking very agitated. I'm not sure, but it could be a scene of Cersei hearing some commotion: Joffrey starting to choke to death, maybe?

There's also that weird background for the talking heads in the recap show: the iron bars look awfully like the doors to a prison cell.

It all seems to point pretty clearly to PW in Season 3.

I think you want this to happen so badly you're stretching to a ridiculous degree.

One of the horsemen at 1:03 has a mace, they are not all bowmen....Interesting.

Also, by comparing this photo's hairline and the guy on the horse riding through the woods, I am now 95 % sure it is Iwan Rheon on the horse, AKA, Ramsay.

http://collider.com/...-of-thrones.jpg

I think the man with the Mace is Tyrell :cool4:

Well, it's a flail, actually. Those horsemen look like Baratheon men, probably Stannis's. Look at their helmets and their sleeves and compare them with the uniform these guys behind Stannis are wearing. I am now sure those are Stannis's men. I just have no idea where they are going and why they have their weapons drawn.

Archived