If it ends up being protagonist vs. protagonist ...

... Who will you be rooting for?

I am most definitely not a proponent of every vaguely likeable person coming togther to fight the Others, Avengers-style. I think at some point, the plot will necessitate likeable, decent, protagonistic characters coming into conflict with each other.

So when that happens, whose side are you on?

My one pretty much unwavering loyalty is to the Starks. Anyone who comes into serious conflict with them is on my shit list. When it comes to Stannis, as long as he's against the Boltons or Dany or the Lannisters, fine. The second he tries to muscle out the Starks, I'm moving on.

I'm pulling for Asha against all three of her uncles and against Stannis' men.

I'm pulling for Jaime against Cersei, obviously, but other than that I see him as a dead man walking.

I'm kind of past the point where I can't really pull for Tyrion anymore. I think he's lost the plot. And of course anyone in Westeros who gives Dany any sort of grief or trouble or opposition is someone I can get behind. I'll root for Aegon against her but not in any other case.

I believe my signature sums my feelings up, but as a refresher:

Jon Snow: right for the Wall, right for the North, right for the Realm.

I know no King but the King in the North, whose name is STARK!

Also, I would totally be rooting for Jaime against Cersei.

And the world will be a much better place if and when Asha becomes Queen of the Iron Islands.

Jaime vs Cersei? You bet your sweet arse im rooting for Jaime.

Asha vs rest of Ironborn? Asha wins my love.

Stannis vs the Boltons? Yeah go Stannis.

Jon vs Night's Watch? Jon please. :commie:

Dany vs Aegon and Dorne? Aegon and Dorne are my homeboys/gals. :commie:

Tyrion vs Someone else? Someone else will get my loyalty.

Anyone vs the Starks? Starks all day erryday.

Stannis comes before everyone else - anyone who crosses Stannis crosses me. Aside from that I'd root for the Starks/North against pretty much anyone except Stannis. I'm vehemently opposed to the Lannisters, Freys, Boltons and Dany, so anyone who takes them out I'm fine with. For the Ironborn, Asha over any of the rest of them easily. I'm just going to go ahead and assume the rest of Westeros (Dorne, Stormlands, Reach) will declare for Aegon, who I'll root for against Dany in their pretty much ienvitable "dance of dragons" even though he's pretty obviously going to lose.

I don't know if Jaime and Cersei will ever actually come into conflict but I'd side with Jaime no question. And yeah Tyrion does nothing for me anymore.

I'm all about Jon Snow. Anybody who messes with my boy is in trouble. I have a very strong feeling that Jon and Dany will wind up on opposite sides, and I think the Ice Dragon will win. That's in fact what happened in GRRM's book "The Ice Dragon."

Stannis is a dead man walking, imo. I do, however, want to see him unleash hell on the Boltons and the Freys before he goes.

The Stark kids better prevail, too, especially Bran and Arya or else what the hell was all that build-up for?

Tyrion, whatever. However I'll gag if he winds up riding either a dragon or Dany.

Jaime is another dead man walking, in fact, he dreamed his own death. The good thing is he will apparently die before Cersei.

ETA: Asha's my new girl-crush. Go Asha.

I'm all about Jon Snow. Anybody who messes with my boy is in trouble. I have a very strong feeling that Jon and Dany will wind up on opposite sides, and I think the Ice Dragon will win. That's in fact what happened in GRRM's book "The Ice Dragon."

I would love to see Jon and Dany face off (and Jon win of course). All the Jon/Dany shippers tears are gonna be delicious.

I'm rooting for anyone fighting against the Lannisters. I'll root for Stannis even against the Starks. Although I'm pretty sure Stannis will be long dead before that might happen (he'll probably die in some horrifyingly ironic fashion.) I'll root for Brienne vs. anyone but Stannis. Asha over her relatives. Dany over Aegon. Jon over anyone but Stannis.

I'm prepared to love the blessed individual or being that puts Jamie Lannister 6 feet in the ground.

Stannis I think will turn on the Starks. I lost interest in him long ago. A man who will kill his brother and contemplate burning his nephew alive can't be trusted. I'm convinced that he will turn on Jon and I've said many times that I think that Harvey Dent Dark Night quote will apply to him.

I'm pro Drogon. I'm prepared to hate whoever/whatever kills him unless it's Bran or Arya.

I dislike whoever goes against Arya. I wish death on whoever goes against Bran unless it's Arya but why would she do that?

I'm for a female winning the Dance of the Dragons this time. Lightning doesn't strike twice so I think Dany will have the opportunity to undo Rhaenyra's mistakes even if she does not end up ruling. Hopefully that Targaryen law against females ruling will be undone by her.

ETA: I'm also against Aegon because Arya is clearly going against his supporters (Varys and Illyrio) which seems to me that Aegon is against my/Arya's interests.

I'm Pro-Stannis when it comes to the Northern storyline. His enemies are my enemies (that being said, I like Roose Bolton, but I will still root for Stannis)

I'm Pro-Jaime as well. I want him to go through any situation necessary that ensures his survival.

I'm not necessarily Pro-Stark. However, I'm staunchly pro- Bran, Rickon and Sansa. I want their survival at almost any cost.

I'm rooting for the Starks (that's including Jon). I mean, who isn't rooting for them?

And as long as Stannis and Aegon don't cross them, they have my support.

Asha, Tyrion, Jaime, the Tyrells are all third preferances.

I'm personally waiting for it to come down to Jon vs Evil Dany. What I wouldn't give to see something like that happen ...

Anyone against Starks is on my blacklist and I want him/they dead.

Of Lannisters I am rooting for Jaime, which means Lady Stoneheart`s death

Also, Martells getting vengeance...

As for Greyjoys, the fewer there are, the better, but I like Asha, so she against all male Greyjoys

Blackfish, who can`t be for that guy? Therefore, he against anyone :)

Dany VS Aegon...I don`t know what I hate more...him being fake or she being alive...

Jon...good for everything, best for NW

And please, let Tommen live...poor child had done nothing wrong

Pretty much rooting for Dany all the way, but I would not like if she ended up opposing the Starks. I like Stannis, but when it comes to Dany he can burn, everyone else other than Dany and the Starks can burn baby burn.

You might have already guessed based on my username, but I will say again that I will root for Jon first and foremost because he is the only one who knows whats truly at stake here while everyone else is busy playing that lil game of thrones.

Stannis seems to be just but sometimes blinded by his own ambitions. I ll root for him as long as he doesnt turn on Jon.

I am also rooting for Jaime and Brienne against Lady Stoneheart.

Dany vs Aegon, I ll go with Dany because that poor girl has suffered enough. She at least deserves to win that war if not the iron throne.

1. Starks, especially Jon

2. Stannis

3. Aegon

4. Jaime

5. Whoever is killing Freys, Boltons, Tyrion or Cersei

At this point, I don't hate the Lannisters, Tywin and Joffrey are dead. Tyrion is out of town. I almost pity them. Daven and the rest haven't done anything wrong. I am not a huge fan of the Tyrells or the Dornish either.

What Apple Martini said pretty much illustrates my views to the tee.

I don't understand how people can be so flighty and easily manipulated. A cool line or two, the odd witty comment and suddenly they forget Bran's fall and start rooting for the Kingslayer.

The Starks go into hiding and in their absence people eagerly jump onto the mid series filler that is Stannis in their eagerness to find a substitute hero.

I remain astounded by how easily Martin succeeds to manipulate large chunks of the readership.

Maybe Martin will write another series set 1000 years in the future and have the Greyjoys or Lannisters as the heroes. But in THIS series that's most certainly not the case. THIS series is about the Starks folks.

And shit's gonna be getting real for everyone who crossed them before this story is done. The Frey pies were not the main course by a long shot. It was just the starters..

Archived