Any Londoners/Visitors to London wanna give me some ideas!?

Admittedly, I come from Brixton but also remember in my Hayday some excellent places on Brick Lane especially the Bagel shops at the top. Not at all expensive, but things may have changed, as has Brixton.

The Market is still there, but there are masses of new and individual restaurants, bars and shops right in the market rows.

I don't rate the Holborn Whippet actually. I've given it two visits and although I may try again if I see they have something on I can't get elsewhere I'm unlikely to go there on purpose. Yes, the beer selection is better than 90% of pubs in the UK but it's actually at the bottom of the 10% remaining. Two reasons: its layout is unfortunate and lends itself to small groups shouting at each other (I was in there at 5pm on a Monday and left after one drink, I could not wait to get out of there as it was so loud it hurt my head). Secondly, I don't rate the cellar master's selections that much. Yes, it has a lot to do with personal tastes but I have NEVER seen a Mikkeller (or Evil Twin) beer on there (I check their tap list regularly despite only going there twice). That is all kinds of wrong. I have never been excited by their tap list and that is sad for a craft beer pub.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived