Another Targ / Greenseer? ... (From Arianne sample chapter)

Im puzzled about the dayne ancestry. Many have the valyrian look. My theory is they are an offshoot of valyrians who settled long before the doom.

After all, dragonstone existed before the doom, and the order of maesters... Ae is a feature of the valyrian language.

Even if valyrians never lauched a full scaled invasion in westeros, there is some hints of exchange, like the valyrians swords.

• 1 year later...

I would think its a First Men thing, she's from GHOST Hill and is called short. We have to compare this to the Ghost of High Heart and Ghost the albino wolf right? Even Arya as the Ghost of Harrenhal where she starts to get her wolf dreams.

Daynes are First Men, Teora will likely have some Stony Dornish lineage. Sure, the Daynes tend to have platinum hair, but so does Val.

It was then that pasty, pudgy Teora raised her eyes from the creamcakes on her plate. "It is dragons."

"Dragons?" said her mother. "Teora, don't be mad."

"I'm not. They're coming."

"How could you possibly know that?" her sister asked, with a note of scorn in her voice. "One of your little dreams?"

Teora gave a tiny nod, chin trembling. "They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died."

"Seven save us." Lady Nymella gave an exasperated sigh.

"If you did not eat so many creamcakes you would not have such dreams. Rich foods are not for girls your age, when your humors are so unbalanced. Maester Toman says -- "

Another maester disparaging seemingly prophetic dreams ...

I'm going to postulate that these dreams are nothing special. "Everywhere dragons dance people die" sounds like a horoscope - ominous, yet painfully obvious when you think of it. Of course people are going to die whenever dragons run amok. Oh, and they're coming to Westeros? Well duh. What dispossessed Targaryen in possession of three healthy, growing dragons (or a sweet sellsword company and tons of elephants) wouldn't want to reconquer the throne that was their ancestors' birthright?

Also, I see no reason why Daenerys and Aegon should want or need to fight each other. They're blood relatives, neither of them have been raised to be politically machivellian or devious kinslayers, and there are plenty of common enemies they could slay together, most notably the ice zombies threatening to wipe out everybody. Aegon isn't showing any interest in stealing Dany's dragons (which might result in her wanting to kill him), and there's plenty of land on Westeros and Essos for them to share once they've conquered everything, assuming they survive the impending zombie apocalypse.

She very well, could have Targ blood. The majority of the characters we see have dragon dreams do. Though I don't think she and or it will play a major impact on the story.

I think it's included to foreshadow the DwD 2.0; the horror & death it will cause; pontentially Dorne being one of the major players in it. Though we know there is going to be another Dance because of a SSM he's still going to included hints in the book as if that was never said for the 'normal' population of readers that don't follow him religiously.

Nobody is saying it´s a new major character.

There is probably a dozen of Greenseers (pretty rare, like one out of ten thousand or something) that don´t affect the story.

In ADwD, chapter 34, Bran learns from Bloodraven that one man in a thousand is born a skinchanger, and one skinchanger in a thousand is born a greenseer.

Googling "population of Westeros" results in a quote from Elio Garcia with a total population of 40 million people. That would imply we have 40 thousand skinchangers, and among them, 40 would be greenseers.

Alternatively, Bloodraven might just be bad at math.

I'm going to postulate that these dreams are nothing special. "Everywhere dragons dance people die" sounds like a horoscope - ominous, yet painfully obvious when you think of it. Of course people are going to die whenever dragons run amok. Oh, and they're coming to Westeros? Well duh. What dispossessed Targaryen in possession of three healthy, growing dragons (or a sweet sellsword company and tons of elephants) wouldn't want to reconquer the throne that was their ancestors' birthright?

Daenerys, apparently.

The thing I noticed about Teora Toland and her sister is that they are red haired.

The Rhoynish descended Salty Dornish that you expect on the coast would have the dornish look. So I would not have expected them to be redheads. But the Stony Dornish descend mainly from 1st men & Andals. And amongst the andals we don't see redheads.

Redheads so far introduced to us include House Tully a 1st men descended house, Rohanne Webber who's House Origins we do not know, and Ygritte & Tormund who are wildlings so obviously 1st men. Uther Shett is ginger too and low and behold House Shett were 1st men.

I think House Toland has to be either 1st men themselves or Teora's non Toland parents house is and the Red Hair has come from them.

In which case I'd say she has greendreams. not Dragon dreams. Imagine if the ghost of high heart say were dreaming about targs, would she not dream of dragons? when she dreams of Cat she see's a fish, Robb is a Wolf, etc.

Archived