Val the Wildling Princess - casting

gande51

We didn't meet Val or her sister in Mance's tent so I don't think this character will be cast.

Dalla and Val would, if they went according to the book, appear in only one scene this season and have nothing to say. From the standpoint of the showrunners, their choice was probably either to push Val back a season, to create new scenes for her, or to have a stand-in and risk annoying an often temperamental fanbase like they did with Beric. Considering they're always talking about budget constraints and how they have to cast so many characters without killing many of them off, I'd say it's likely they went for the path that cost them the least amount of money, pushing her back a season. There is also the possibility that Val is replaced with a slightly different character that will fulfill a similar role. I tend to doubt the character, or the role of the character, will be entirely cut.

Still there remains the possibility that Val be introduced when Jon rides out to meet Mance at The Wall next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Gosh if it does turn out S. Blacker isn't Val, and Val is still to be casted for S.4, I need to find out when the auditions will happen and how to get in touch with Gold and Sterne. Like, if any Brit could go harass them for me and get me a casting, I'll pay you. Yeah. I would. I WILL! *perfectly sane*

When Charlize Theron mentioned she would love a part in GoT, my first thought was Val.

Of course, I'm guessing her being American and very expensive would put the quash on that.

Hey, she played a Brit on Arrested Development. :laugh:

Just thought I'd point out that Stephanie Blacker was on the show last night, and was NOT playing Val or a Val replacement, as some thought.

Yeah her and "Myranda" who turned out to not be Myranda Royce or anyone even remotely related to that. Looks like they replaced Ros with the two of them.

Archived