Hands of the king

Vhikthor

Hi, i am a spanish fan, so first of all, excuse me about my english.

I have been compilating the info about the Hands of the King. After that i compared with the charts in westeros. I have found in westeros info about Lyonel Strong that i didn't have in my research, but in the other hand i have a Hand that it isen't in this chart:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Hand_of_the_King

I get that info from the "Sworn sword" when Dunk is talking with the septon about the Great Spring Sickness:

Neither young nor old were spared, nor rich nor poor, nor great nor humble. Our good High Septon was taken, the gods’ own voice on earth, with a third of the Most Devout and near all our silent sisters. His Grace King Daeron, sweet Matarys and bold Valarr, the Hand . . . oh, it was a dreadful time. By the end, half the city was praying to the Stranger.

I am not sure if that means that Valarr was that Hand after his father´s death or it just a way to say that Valarr died along another man that was the Hand of the King after Baelor.

One way or another , i think that chart must have a space between Baelor and Brynden.

I will like to think it was Valarr, but what do you think?

The way the text is presented, it is implies that Valarr and the Hand are two different people, both of which died of the Sickness at around the same time. I agree however that your reading is also a real possibility.

All we can tell for sure is that Daeron II had chosen a new hand after Baelor's death and that he died shortly after from the Sickness. Well, and that it was neither Matarys nor the High Septon.

Archived