NYC MEETUP 3/29

I plan on getting to the pizza place around 6 and heading in just in time to say "Hey, I have a 6:15 reservation!"

For those of you who I haven't met, I'm a tall white guy with glasses who'll be wearing a brown hoodie.

Alternately, you can just tell the people at the front that you're part of the party of 14 reserved under "Douglas" and they should direct you our way.

See you all tonight.

Hey everyone, just to avoid any confusion, when you punch in Lazzara's Pizza in google maps, another Lazzara's also comes up: Lazzarra's Pizza Cafe Hell's Kitchen, on 9th and 44th. The one Mr. X linked IS NOT THIS ONE. So don't just follow whatever comes up on google maps.

The Lazzara's you want to be at is on 38th, between 7th and 8th, as mentioned upthread.

Just FYI, I tried to get into the exhibit this afternoon but the line had closed off for the day long before I got there at 3:45pm. The line itself stretched back to almost 6th Avenue and they said it was about 5 hours. I'll try again next week, but now I see why the Toronto organizers required advance tickets. I had expected a 2 or 3 hour wait but what I saw was vastly beyond that. I think that the organizers vastly underestimated interest.

Hey it was great seeing all of you again, and meeting WarGalley for the first time. But there was a distinct lack of promised n00bs. We thought that maybe you poked your head in, saw us, and retreated in fright and alarm. We're not as scary as we look, I swear!

Except for TC. She's super scary.

Except for TC. She's super scary.

Darn tootin'!

Had a great time last night -- so great to see everyone again, especially WarGalley. Last time I saw him was back in 2008 or so.

Apologies for not making it out to post-dinner beers. I just kind of hit the wall and knew I'd be better off just going home.

Hey, it was great meeting everyone (and seeing the X'es again)! We'll have to do it again -- and I'm definitely interested in seeing the Cherry Blossoms here. Even though I work in Tennessee, I still have that winter cooped-up feeling that I'm trying to shake. I won't know for sure what my schedule is like for the next month with the career transition but will let you guys know.

Archived