Aspect Emperor

Wik

+1 on Heron Spear for the Ring.

Perhaps, this thread should be renamed to reflect the evolving topic? I wouldn't mind expanding the comparison on B&T without derailing the other thread The Unholy Consult specific thread.

what's the ring in RSB? my bet is that the DA's dreams are inchie implants that need to be cast into the volcano. mimi will have to decapitate him to gitrdone, though.

My thought is the No-God is the ring, more or less.

The One Ring provides Physical Invisibility. The inability to see one's physical self and the inability of others to see your physical self. To put on the One Ring causes one to step Outside the purely physical realm into a realm of 'shadow' or 'spirit, where one can perceive a different perspective than the purely physical realm.

In RSB land The One Ring would logicly cause Cognitive Invisibility. The inability to see one's mental self and the inability of others to see your mental self. You couldn't see your own thoughts form just as Frodo can't see his leg taking a step or his hand grasping a sword.

In reality, the One Ring should trigger a psychological trauma akin to that experienced by Amputees. In reality, the RSB One Ring should trigger a psychological trauma akin to agnosia.

Which might cause the character in possession of the one ring to continually ask WHO AM I? and WHAT DO YOU SEE?

slick. if NG is the ring, though, then who is the investor to be destroyed by those who can't use it without becoming its slave, and who are those non-using bearers?

ETA--

investor is NC in golden room? consult as non-using bearers, i.e., the fellowship? AK as lead nazgul, trying to save ring for sauron-NC? inchies trying to save the world?

of course, described at a sufficiently intermediate level of generality, we can find other sources & analogues.

consider:

the setting is alien, with diverse and vague superaturalisms: polytheistic gods, spectres, magickes, monsters, superhumans. the primary conflict in this setting is a trade secrets dispute between two principal protagonists, regarding the best method to dominate the setting. one group is plainly dominant, and the other schemes to possess its secret, biding its time in the long term, but failing to realize its goal in the short-term. on the dominant team is a seemingly heartless leader, a veteran, rich in all things, miserly to all but his offspring. also on the team is an intellectual naysayer who loathes the leader. also is a more or less braindead follower of the leader whose own efforts are nonetheless intrinsic to the team's victories. braindead has several companions of varying merit. on the time-biding team is an immortal robot-thing who assists the leader in implementing its plans, which involve mass slaughter.

now, does this brief description more aptly apply to RSB, or to spongebob?

Archived