Did Cersie poison King Joffry?

Tree Warg

Lets face it? It makes more sense than anyone else doing it. She has used stealth tactics before.

Has made many miscalculations. Cersie knows she has no "control" over her "mad dog". She will be sent away when he is married. But, if he dies she assumes Tommen is too young to be taken from her. She assumes the Tyrell marriage would be off. There is more but I want to see what others think.

That's what little finger said happened. He didnt day he had anything to do with it directly and when has he been known to be a credible source?

He did essentially say he played a large part in Joffrey's murder to Sansa in the Sansa chapter following Joffrey's death

And yes, very sure

Pretty everything Cersie has done is to her benefit. I don't think she really cares about her children unless it pertains directly to her.

So, you're convinced it was the Tyrell's doing? Because I am not sure Martin would give it away so easily.

Cersei will protect her children...until they grow up....Joff just became a man at 15 and showed his true colors....I could see Cersei having LF poison the little monster...after all, she has two more pieces, I mean children to use for the "game".

Oh, and I agree...QOT was definitely in on the deal.

Her POV characters kind of rule this out, right? I wouldn't have put it past her to poison Joffrey because she feared she could no longer control him otherwise, but there should have been some mention of it in her chapters if she did that. Besides she wanted someone that could kick Margaery around, she definitely wasn't happy with Tommen marrying her.

I disagree that Cersie loves her children. I would say it is safe to say that she "thinks" she loves them. But, when push comes to shove she only cares about herself. After all, she supposedly loved Jaime more than anyone could understand... Remember?

Show me where she has done anything to thwart this? She has only done so in protecting her self. She has done nothing to protect her children. She was going to kill Tommen at the battle of black water. I don't even remember her lamenting anything for her daughter in those moments. Cersie is a sociopath. Seriously? Why is this so hard to swallow

Archived