HBO Sends Out a Synopsis

Westeros

So, eager to hear a little bit about what the first episode will reveal to those watching? HBO teases the season premiere episode “Valar Dohaeris”, and runs through a lengthy list of notable returning and new cast members, in a press release they’ve sent to the media. As there’s spoilers herein, to some degree, we’re just going to put everything under the cut… so click on through!read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out

??? :shocked: Does this mean that Dontos is out? I was really hoping the writers didn't go on a field day with the original material as they did last season. This doesn't look promising.

Really looking forward to the scene where Tyrion asks for his reward. I can't wait for some Peter Dinklage - Charles Dance dynamic.

Looks like the best for the first episode will take place at KG and with Dany. I don't care much for show Jon.

Ya Tyrion's scenes will be the best, but I'm a little disappointed about no Arya in the premier. Just like last season! Why do they keep doing this to my favorite character??? All I have to say is next season they better stay true to the book and actually have her kill someone when she's at the inn with the hound.

As for Dontos I'm indifferent. On one hand there's already so many characters that nonreaders have to keep up with so I get what they're doing. But on the other hand having Littlefinger so openly state he'll help Sansa goes against LF's very nature.

Guess we will have to see the first episode to find out explicitly why it is called Valar Dohaeris (even tho that is an implicit connection to the title of last episode of last season).

New things:

What have they pulled forward or made up for Gemma Whelen since the other main Greyjoys have not been cast.

Osha , hmmm... from the previews looks as it she will split sometime after they meet up with the Reeds.

Tho not right away.

Then are they going to follow her and Rickon ?

That's a story George has hinted at , one wonders if he has told D&D where it goes?

The Theon story , I am guessing we will see what GRRM only tells us in retrospect.

Dontos is GONE

The scenes he were in were...average, at best. Something disnt work.

On the DVD's D&D don't make mention about compacting the story, Dontos is a disposable loop for a teleplay, it must have been made on the fly as they shot season 2. Most of Tony Way's scenes may have wound up on the cutting room floor.

Just because a character isn't mentioned in the synopsis doesn't mean they won't be in the episode. Remember the 23 pictures released? They were titled with the episode number they are from. A Bran photo was titled as Episode 1. Bran's not mentioned in the synopsis. And we had the pictures of the Brotherhood Without Banners from episode 1. So I don't think we should jump on the overreacting train just yet.

Just because a character isn't mentioned in the synopsis doesn't mean they won't be in the episode. Remember the 23 pictures released? They were titled with the episode number they are from. A Bran photo was titled as Episode 1. Bran's not mentioned in the synopsis. And we had the pictures of the Brotherhood Without Banners from episode 1. So I don't think we should jump on the overreacting train just yet.

Yeah except for the list of actors the summary is pretty skimpy , we know there are places and characters that will be there.

I think they could still have Dontos involved if they wanted. They did still have him around for Blackwater in the background.

It could be that Littlefinger talks to Sansa and tells her Dontos will be their go-between. The only thing that is changed is that Sansa knows up front that they are working together and we don't wonder why she trusts this drunken fool because we don't have the benefit of her inner thoughts.

That said, I won't be upset if he's just cut entirely.

Still worries me that they've not confirmed David Bradley's back as Lord Walder Frey

:frown5:

He's been confirmed as being seen on set when they shot the RW. The reason he's not in the press release is because he's classified as a Guest Star, since he will only be appearing in one or two episodes. Over at WiC someone explained the difference between cast members and guest stars quite well.

Why the hell are Ian and Michael in this list?

''New cast members for the third season include: <snip> Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) <snip>''

Why the hell are Ian and Michael in this list?

''New cast members for the third season include: <snip> Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) <snip>''

Because they're new cast members who will be part of the full cast for years to come instead of just the guest cast like they were in Season 1, 2 respectively.

Because they're new cast members who will be part of the full cast for years to come instead of just the guest cast like they were in Season 1, 2 respectively.

Ah, I knew there was a good reason that I didn't know of. :P

Archived