HBO Sends Out a Synopsis

Westeros

Does anyone think that Dontos' role as a go-between will be taken over by Ros? She needs something to do, and her new tie to Varys could make that interesting.

How the hell would that work? :lol:

No idea where this Ros-Sansa-theory comes from. If Ros decides to betray Littlefinger to Varys - as has been indicate in final episode last season - then it would most likely mean that Varys does know about Littlefinger's plan to smuggle Sansa out on Joffrey's wedding. In fact, it may even mean that Varys does know about the poisoning plot.

That would make little sense, especially since TV Varys and TV Littlefinger seem to be really at odds. I don't see why TV Varys would allow Littlefinger to abduct Sansa to the Vale.

The fact that Ros is now switching sides towards Varys indicates that she is either going down next season after Littlefinger finds out that she has betrayed him, or she permanently leaves Littlefinger's camp for Varys. If she defects to him, she could act as Varys' liaison to various people in seasons to come after Varys has gone underground. Littlefinger can't drag Ros and Sansa to the Vale. And he won't be able to be a pimp and the Lord Protector of the Eyrie.

But I'm not sure if Ros is going to survive season 3.

Because they're new cast members who will be part of the full cast for years to come instead of just the guest cast like they were in Season 1, 2 respectively.

You know this explanation makes my head hurt.

Am I the only one who is glad that they cut out the whole Dontos/Florian thing? I didn't really like it in the books to start with and it didn't seem to lead anywhere for a long time. I admit that It was a great and shocking twist to find out after the PW that it was Littlelfinger who was pulling the strings all along but it wouldn't work on TV that well. We already had the scene in 2x10, when LF offered Sansa help and adding another layer, another character that nobody remembers is just too much. Book LF is very subtle and very much in the background while TV LF is much more direct, upfront and in the centre, and I guess that is just how it should be.

I really hope so! It would be such a joke if important characters are killed this season and Ros is still kicking :ack:

No point killing her. It would have no emotional effect. She is not truly a character with dreams, desires and ambitions but rather a convenient plot device. I do not think that any TV viewer really roots for her or hopes that she finds happiness or a rich husband or whatever. She is just a background character that the main guys talk to. IMO, most TV watchers don't notice that the whore is the same one in every scene.

The Dontos thing could have been great on TV - if they had not fucked Littlefinger's character up the way they did. Now he has lost all his subtlety and is pretty much a mustache-twirling villain, or at least an evil pimp.

But I still don't see any benefit in spelling Littlefinger's involvement in Sansa's escape out the way they did (and apparently intend to do). With Littlefinger being revealed as the man behind this whole thing from the start, nothing will be a surprise. Not even Sansa's escape during the Purple Wedding in season 4. If they had kept Dontos - or another middle man in between - the audience would have at least have to wonder for whom this guy is working for, how this whole thing is supposed to work, and so on.

Right now, the only tension I can see coming is that Littlefinger's plan to get Sansa out fail again and again. Which would very little drama in my opinion.

And in the end they have to use some kind of middle man if they intend to keep Littlefinger away from the Purple Wedding. Somebody has to take Sansa to the ship. It has already been confirmed that Tyrion is going to take over as Master of Coin sometime during season 3, so Littlefinger will at least leave for the Vale in season 3. But they might be as stupid as to get him back in time for Joffrey's wedding. Which would be very stupid indeed.

Aidan Gillen's remarks about him having a ship in season 4 strongly indicates that he will return by ship in season 4. At least that's what I hope he is going to do.

They could still make use of Dontos in season 3. Since Sansa will most likely only leave for the Vale in season 4, setting up this whole Littlefinger-Dontos-escape plot in season 2 may have been way too early, especially if season 3 is going to feature some hints about the genesis of the Olenna-Littlefinger-poisoning-plot, and not only backstabbing between these two over the Sansa marriage issue...

TV Littlefinger still hoped to gain Cat in season 2, he only chose Sansa in the end of season 2. In the books the date and manner of Joffrey's death was already determined when Littlefinger returned to KL with the Tyrells at the end of ACoK. This obviously will not be the case in the show.

So Arya isn't in the first episode? That's what it looks like.

Valar Dohaeris is the response to Arya's Valar Morghulis (at the end of ASOS, not early, if I remember the book timeline correctly). Well, I hope she's in there.

It's a synopsis just because it does not mention a character does not mean that that character will not appear in the show. I think the perfect ending for the first episode would be a man shivering from the cold in a dark cave and the camera takes a little time to zoom into the character at the last second we see his face and it's Davos!

No idea where this Ros-Sansa-theory comes from. If Ros decides to betray Littlefinger to Varys - as has been indicate in final episode last season - then it would most likely mean that Varys does know about Littlefinger's plan to smuggle Sansa out on Joffrey's wedding. In fact, it may even mean that Varys does know about the poisoning plot.

That would make little sense, especially since TV Varys and TV Littlefinger seem to be really at odds. I don't see why TV Varys would allow Littlefinger to abduct Sansa to the Vale.

The fact that Ros is now switching sides towards Varys indicates that she is either going down next season after Littlefinger finds out that she has betrayed him, or she permanently leaves Littlefinger's camp for Varys. If she defects to him, she could act as Varys' liaison to various people in seasons to come after Varys has gone underground. Littlefinger can't drag Ros and Sansa to the Vale. And he won't be able to be a pimp and the Lord Protector of the Eyrie.

But I'm not sure if Ros is going to survive season 3.

Even if she work for Varys, she's still in LF power, we know LF is going to help Sansa more openly in TV, and one of the first pic from Croatia shows Sansa and Ros in a scene togheter. Maybe the reason LF kill her (as he kill Dontos) is because of that betrayal.

I'm not saying she's going to replace Dontos, but i think that's where the theory comes.

And I wish I could be so confident as you about Ros death this season

Littlefinger kills Dontos because he is a loose end. He would kill Ros for the very same reason if she is going to be involved in Sansa's abduction and/or the plot to kill Joffrey. There is no need for Ros to betray Littlefinger.

Varys offered Ros to protect her if she would work for him. I took that as an indication that she would openly leave Littlefinger's service. Perhaps only after she spies on Littlefinger for some time, but it actually seemed as if Varys knew more about Littlefinger than Ros could ever know or find out...

Ros as a stand-in for Dontos could actually work during the godswood meetings, but certainly not during the Purple Wedding. There is no chance whatsoever that the very whore who was imprisoned by Cersei will be allowed to be present during her son's wedding.

I just want Roose Bolton in Harrenhal. That's the only thing that i'll ever ask to HBO.

I'm sure that's going to happen.

I think they bailed on Dontos because Sophie's Sansa is waaaay too smart to follow or believe a drunk like Dontos. It wouldn't play true for TV. At. All.

A desperate naive teenager, believing a drunken fart could possible save her? I don't know, I think they could make it work.

I was afraid they had decided not to introduce Mance in the first episode. I'm glad to see I was wrong. I can't wait to see Ciaran onscreen!

It seems we'll get some very nice scenes in King's Landing as well. The Queen of Thorns has to show up, and I'm really excited for that too.

Also, since the NW survivors are retreating, that means we're going to see the Battle of the Fist it Episode 1 too, right?

I can't wait! Just 17 days left! :D

Also, since the NW survivors are retreating, that means we're going to see the Battle of the Fist it Episode 1 too, right?

I would like this to be how they open the season up.

I just really hope we actually get the battle. Not just the NW running and talking about what happened.

Archived