The Unholy Consult Previews 2: Murder Shae Wrote

Rhom

It is a bit odd that Nonmen and humans born in wombs presumably have souls, but creatures produced by the Tekne do not.

I always saw it as another throwback to Tolkien. Sauron couldn't create life without the sacred fire, only twist life that already existed. Likewise, the Consult can't create souls, they can only twist flesh to create false automatons.

EDIT: Can the Consult even create living flesh from scratch? Don't they need to harvest it?

"Souls" aren't part of any life other than a handful (humans, Nonmen, and Inchoroi), so I doubt it. They can probably create bio-mass aplenty, but they can't create souls (or don't want to create creatures that would have them).

I don't think Secret Fire and Inverse Fire are meant to be connected save perhaps that both originate "outside" the world. This bit from the wiki entry speak to what Francis is saying:

The Secret Fire is also part of all Fëar: it is that Gift which makes sentient beings capable of independent will. Thus, while the Vala Aulë created and animated the first Dwarves, and even began to teach them language, they acquired will independent of his only through the intervention of Ilúvatar

I've been reading the 40K Horus Heresy books...And there's something vaguely Bakkeresque (or maybe better to say, the reverse) about the entire setup. (the entire story in HH basically boils down to "Yes, there are gods. And the gods hate you.")

• 2 weeks later...

I need a new name. I really like 12 Angry Nonmen, and the whole Bakker+a movie title fusion thing. But I'm not sure where to go from here. The No-Godfather, and "I'm going to make you an offer I cannot see" as the member title just don't work as well, imo. Also, it's too long probably.

I need a new name. I really like 12 Angry Nonmen, and the whole Bakker+a movie title fusion thing. But I'm not sure where to go from here. The No-Godfather, and "I'm going to make you an offer I cannot see" as the member title just don't work as well, imo. Also, it's too long probably.

I love the name. For whatever that's worth.

:dunno:

ETA: "No Country For Old Non-Men"

'm only a handful of chapters in on TWP, I've only ever read it and TTT once, so this is just a second reread. I don't have notes, per se, because it becomes too much work to break it down so thoroughly, I don't have the free time, at the moment I've been reduced to just highlighting my kindle copy as I read.

yeah, i've got detailed marginalia for all five books. reread kinda stalled out there for a bit, as i recall it. is the almanac moving again?

Doesn't have a beating Bakker-esque title, but you could just recast 50 First Dates with Cleric in Drew Barrymore's role! :lol:

You made me laugh aloud. Wait. laugh aloud. Is aloud a word? Yeah it is, why the hell do we use LOL then? Out loud and aloud, what's going on here.

Return of the Psukhari

"Good, good, give into your religious fervor!"

If the Psukhe is based on emotions in general, the original hatred might work, but I dunno. If the Cishaurim recall the emotions of God, then recalling God's hatred ought to be pretty devestating?

Star Wars: The No Hope

"Strike me down and I shall burn in hell for eternity."

"Witness the power of this fully operational No-God!" (holy shit, imagine some Consult dude saying that to some random PoV that's been captured and taken to Golgotterath)

Fear and Loathing in Cil-Aujus

"We can't stop here, this is Topos country!"

I like this one, I might go with it tomorrow.

Archived