No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

I was hoping that the scene where you see Jojen, Meera, Hodor, and Bran look surprised would be Coldhands approaching them, but alas, Sam does make much more sense. Bugger!

All in good time, I wouldn't want to see that in the trailers myself. Sam does make much more sense for trailer stuff, Coldhands is finale stuff they will want to hold onto for now

All in good time, I wouldn't want to see that in the trailers myself. Sam does make much more sense for trailer stuff, Coldhands is finale stuff they will want to hold onto for now

Either way, they didn't show Coldhands -even if it wasn't him- so we really wouldn't have been introduced to him rather than seeing the characters react to his introduction. As far as "finale" stuff or "spoilerish" stuff, as one astute poster noted, they did already show Jaime in an earlier trailer with a stump on his right hand, albeit for just a fraction of a second.

Yeah, the big black furry thing in the foreground of the interior at Queenscrown has got to be Sam, right?

That's also got to be Nymeria growling, since she's too light to be Summer or Shaggydog.

they did already show Jaime in an earlier with a stump on his right hand, albeit for just a fraction of a second.

This happens much sooner though than ep10, and that trailer frame means nothing to the viewer. Some big cloaked dude on an elk surrounded by crows would definitely go noticed and peak viewer interest

That is awesome. You did that pretty fast. I have to say, I love the purple in there as well.

That is good. But, whatever, trashy sexy boy toys are trashy sexy boy toys, and that's the point of Daario--Dany has a bitter lesson to learn. How, exactly, her worthless boy toy should look is rather beside the point (and resides differently in every woman's mind...)

:smileysex: :smileysex:

This happens much sooner though than ep10, and that trailer frame means nothing to the viewer. Some big cloaked dude on an elk surrounded by crows would definitely go noticed and peak viewer interest

This happens much sooner though than ep10

True enough, Jaime's misfortune will happen much sooner than the last episode, but nonetheless, for them to give a miniscule peek at him without his hand is a huge spoiler to the non-book reader.

Some big cloaked dude on an elk surrounded by crows would definitely go noticed and peak viewer interest

Isn't that the point of these trailers?

Couple of notes that occurred to me after watching this:

1. I agree that it's almost definitely Sam coming up the well that Bran and co are reacting to. An interesting detail is that it's the Reeds, Hodor and Bran in the scene, no sign of Osha or Rickon which would suggest that they do split up eventually and as a result, it's probably near the end of the season because I don't see the split happening until around that time.

2. There's like 3 more clear shots of Melisandre in the cave with the BwB which should set the record straight for any people who are still on the fence about her going to snag Gendry.

3. Lots of shots of what I assume are Bolton men on horseback hunting Theon down in the woods and then finally a shot of Theon on the ground being booted by the guy wrapped in a mask. The first impression is to assume that this guy is Ramsay which is the most obvious conclusion. I still believe that this may be a Ramsay man posing as the "Head Torturer" and Ramsay will still pose as a fellow "boy" prisoner and reveal himself to Theon afterwards, Reek-style. My only hesitation in believing that they are straight up just going to have Ramsay appear right away and be the one torturing Theon is that I don't understand why Iwan Rheon (who is Ramsay) was cast cryptically and vaguely as "boy" if not for him to be in disguise for some time during the season. I guess we'll just have to see...

4. Looks like the Yunkai battle will be a fairly large scale one with both Jorah and Daario laying waste to a large number of soldiers at the gate. Wouldn't be surprised if Selmy was part of it to but they are holding off on showing him in the trailers.

5. The girl having her clothes stripped off in that brief shot has been identified as Charlotte Hope who was cast simply as "Myranda". This must be an invented character since she's not nearly the right age or look for Myranda Royce. The clothes look like they're King's Landing style. It really doesn't strike me that she's another whore because she looks too young and she's too scared.

And there is another woman with long blonde hair doing the undressing who we can't really make out. I can't think of any other possibility for the other woman than Cersei and if you look at the freeze frame, the clothes and hair do match. The question would then be "why is Cersei undressing this young girl who doesn't looks to be a little scared"? And the only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that Myranda will be the girl that Cersei finds or perhaps is presented by Littlefinger (because he was tasked with finding her last season) who she will have eventually pose as Arya. This season she'll probably have to address the missing Arya issue with Tywin and this may be her solution. The scene could be her first meeting with the girl and she could be "checking out the goods" to see if she will be able to pass as Arya.

It could certainly be a number of other things as well but I'm struggling to come up with what they might be. They need to address that storyline soon enough as they just can't pull some random girl out of the woodwork in Season 5 without the audience calling BS. So I'll go with this as the best theory for the time being...

I think you can find a balance in what clips to show that will peak viewer interest. Coldhands is an out of the blue character, and someone whose introduction I suspect will be similar to Michonne's on The Walking Dead.

Just let him pop up out of nowhere.

I believe that they will marry Joffrey this season, but the actual celebration of the PW will be next season. I just don't think they can have an entire season in kl without it.

Maybe next season will have some introduction to Oberyn Martell and a feast in his honor where everything will happen.

5. The girl having her clothes stripped off in that brief shot has been identified as Charlotte Hope who was cast simply as "Myranda". This must be an invented character since she's not nearly the right age or look for Myranda Royce. The clothes look like they're King's Landing style. It really doesn't strike me that she's another whore because she looks too young and she's too scared.

And there is another woman with long blonde hair doing the undressing who we can't really make out. I can't think of any other possibility for the other woman than Cersei and if you look at the freeze frame, the clothes and hair do match. The question would then be "why is Cersei undressing this young girl who doesn't looks to be a little scared"? And the only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that Myranda will be the girl that Cersei finds or perhaps is presented by Littlefinger (because he was tasked with finding her last season) who she will have eventually pose as Arya. This season she'll probably have to address the missing Arya issue with Tywin and this may be her solution. The scene could be her first meeting with the girl and she could be "checking out the goods" to see if she will be able to pass as Arya.

Ooooh, I like this. I was wondering if this "Myranda" was going to play the role of fake "Arya" (serving Jeyne Poole's function), and I can see this person undressing her to check out the goods, so to speak. Charlotte Hope seems too old to double as an Arya substitute, and her eyes are the wrong colour (although I guess they can use contacts), but it makes sense.

I don't know that the person undressing her is Cersei--although it either has to be Cersei or some random blonde woman (prostitute, maybe) that we've never seen before--but Cersei would make sense. There was a bit in the Entertainment Weekly article that made it sound as if Tyrion and Cersei are going to be busy vying for Tywin's approval and trying to one-up each other. How better to one-up Tyrion than to find a girl to play the "Arya" role, or at least take credit for Littlefinger doing so? It would explain a lot. If this "Myranda" is supposed to be Myranda Royce, on the other hand, I don't know what is supposed to be happening.(The one thing I'm not sure about is the clothes the blonde woman--Cersei or whoever it is--is wearing. That washed-out grey dress/robe doesn't seem like something Cersei would wear. It seems kind of oddly designed, with separate pieces held together by string/ribbon, and much less fine than the gown "Myranda" is wearing.)

It could certainly be a number of other things as well but I'm struggling to come up with what they might be. They need to address that storyline soon enough as they just can't pull some random girl out of the woodwork in Season 5 without the audience calling BS. So I'll go with this as the best theory for the time being...

I can't really agree with them doing that to pass her off for Tywin. I mean Tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys, and anyone else of worth knows Arya is missing. Why would they all lie and be like "oh yeah that's totally Arya" just to save Cersei's skin? Also, Robb is still alive and well at this point so what good does it do them to have a fake Arya? Only after the RW is when they can address this issue. It doesn't really make any sense to do it before hand.

Why can't we see any Roose? He's a much more important character than, say, Tormund Giantsbane, but you sure as fuck wouldn't know it from the promotion :bang:

And what Castle do you guys think Robb is standing in, surrounded by corpses? Couldn't be Winterfell, could it? :dunno:

I can't really agree with them doing that to pass her off for Tywin. I mean Tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys, and anyone else of worth knows Arya is missing. Why would they all lie and be like "oh yeah that's totally Arya" just to save Cersei's skin? Also, Robb is still alive and well at this point so what good does it do them to have a fake Arya? Only after the RW is when they can address this issue. It doesn't really make any sense to do it before hand.

i think the idea would not be for Cersei to "pass off" this girl for Tywin, he's obviously going to be aware that it's not really Arya. But in order for him to be a little less furious with Cersei for losing track of Arya, she could present Tywin this girl as an alternative to be used in the future.

As for your question about why they would have a girl held this early for that purpose, you could ask the same question in the books when they obviously grabbed Jeyne Poole and hid her away for that exact purpose almost immediately after they found out they'd lost Arya, there was no other reason for them to keep her alive hidden away for so long if not to use her as a sub for Arya at a later point. This is not really any different

Why can't we see any Roose? He's a much more important character than, say, Tormund Giantsbane, but you sure as fuck wouldn't know it from the promotion :bang:

And what Castle do you guys think Robb is standing in, surrounded by corpses? Couldn't be Winterfell, could it? :dunno:

Harrenhal. Robb will show up to take it in the first or second episode, find that the Mountain abandoned it and slaughtered and hanged all the remaining Northern prisoners. Robb will be pissed at the needless deaths, eventually head out to Riverrun for Hoster's funeral and leave Roose in charge so that he'll be there for Jaime and Brienne's arrival and they can have the same interactions they do in the books.

Isn't it way too early for Fake Arya?

I really think it's Roslin Frey. Or maybe Myranda Frey? The blonde undressing her could be any number of Frey women.

I don't see Cersei personally undressing anyone, ever. She'd watch as a servant did it.

Also, most KL female (and male) highborn dress are much more Asian/Japanese influenced, whereas farther north there are more laces.

Archived