No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Isn't it way too early for Fake Arya?

I really think it's Roslin Frey. Or maybe Myranda Frey? The blonde undressing her could be any number of Frey women.

I don't see Cersei personally undressing anyone, ever. She'd watch as a servant did it.

Also, most KL female (and male) highborn dress are much more Asian/Japanese influenced, whereas farther north there are more laces.

It's not Roslin. She's being played by Alexandra Dowling and the actress in that shot is Charlotte Hope who was announced already as simply Myranda. I'd see Cersei doing something herself if it was for something very clandestine and secretive that she didn't want anyone else to know about.

There is no way that girl that can pass "Fake Arya", it would stretch the suspension of disbelief beyond all measure to think that anyone could be fooled and make everyone in KL look incompetent and stupid that they A) couldn't find some girl who can better pass off as Arya and B) expecting anyone to fall for such a badly executed ruse. I mean that girl is older looking than Sansa but they are going to pass her off as Arya?

There is no way that girl that can pass "Fake Arya", it would stretch the suspension of disbelief beyond all measure to think that anyone could be fooled and make everyone in KL look incompetent and stupid that they A) couldn't find some girl who can better pass off as Arya and B) expecting anyone to fall for such a badly executed ruse. I mean that girl is older looking than Sansa but they are going to pass her off as Arya?

Charlotte Hope is not that old, google some pictures. Jeyne Poole didn't look like Arya either and that didn't stop anybody from using her. If they are going the Fake Arya route (which I have advocated against but regardless...), then they will need to cast someone who is at least 18 to play the part in order to allow them to show all the sexual and physical abuse Ramsay will heap on her. So they could certainly use this girl if they were going down that road. There is no Jeyne Poole so they need to get someone to play the part. Cersei has to have an explanation for Tywin in this season as to what happened to Arya and they need to set up that storyline for later otherwise it will look ridiculous by shoehorning in some random girl at the last minute.

And I am not saying this is100% what is going on in this shot, simply that it's the best guess I have at this moment. Anyone else who has a legitimate theory as to what's going on in this scene is free to put it out there. But it's not Roslin, we know that much. And the character's name is Myranda, who is an invented character and she is being undressed by another woman with long blonde hair in a darkened room. She's way too young to be a whore and she seems scared and timid. Any other explanations are welcome, I'd love to hear them...

The point is that since there is no Jeyne Poole to begin with, they aren't hampered with her and can find anybody to pretend to be Arya, they would have found someone that resembled Arya more. Plus what is this "checking out the merchandise" stuff. Why would they need to strip her, what exactly are they checking if they were trying to pass her off as Arya?

So...

Is Gendry gonna be merged with Edric, which means Mel will meet with Thoros in her hunt for "King's Blood"?

Possibly. But I think it's more likely that we will know Gendry is there and is the son of Robert, whilst Mel will not. Most likely she will have some other business with Thoros.

The point is that since there is no Jeyne Poole to begin with, they aren't hampered with her and can find anybody to pretend to be Arya, they would have found someone that resembled Arya more. Plus what is this "checking out the merchandise" stuff. Why would they need to strip her, what exactly are they checking if they were trying to pass her off as Arya?

Excellent point. It's possible they are going to begin Cersei's semi-sadism early on by having her abuse and dominate women.

So...

Is Gendry gonna be merged with Edric, which means Mel will meet with Thoros in her hunt for "King's Blood"?

You know, I just had a crackpot idea that Gendry's role with Brienne in ADwD isn't that important, where as I could imagine that in TWOW you might have Edric Storm and Arya meeting in Bravos - which would be a neat twist if it was Gendry instead.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I looked at both the actresses who play Myranda and Roslyn, they don't really look like the girl in the trailer. It must be one of them, but with a lot of makeup, and stuff. To me, that checking up, made sense if it was Roslyn Frey, and that "blonde woman" was actually old Walder Frey picking someone that would impress Edmure.

Possibly. But I think it's more likely that we will know Gendry is there and is the son of Robert, whilst Mel will not. Most likely she will have some other business with Thoros.

This seems more likely. In the show, they make it clear the "Gendry" was killed off by one of the Lannister guy, the blonde kid. So I don't know how Thoros or Mel would know Gendry in the cave is the Gendry the bastard son of Robert. Gendry himself doesn't know who is father is and I don't see why Gendry, Arya or Hot Pie would reveal truth about the event of the night when they were attacked by Lannister forces,

In the book Stannis knew who Gendry was, but the show it doesn't make it clear if Stannis knew. More likey that since it took Ned's letter to learn the truth about Joffery's true parents, it's most likely that show Stannis did not know about Gendry.

Only way Mel would know the truth would be through fire and I don't think that's the path the show will follow.

I chalk it off to another wishful thinking by fans, just like wanting to believe that PW will be shown on season 3.

Mel might know about Gendry from "FireVision"

Speaking of Gendry= Edric,

- Even if Mell takes Gendry from Bwb I dont' think it is necessarily means that there would be Mel/Toros conspiracy - Mel might sell a different story to Gendry, Torros and Co - that they need him as a proof of all Baratheons looking the same or something else (or a nice uncle wants to have Gendry by his side) - actually even Davos can (unknowingly) take part in this plot - so when Davos discovers the truth he will try to arrange Gendry's escape.

Mel might know about Gendry from "FireVision"

Speaking of Gendry= Edric,

- Even if Mell takes Gendry from Bwb I dont' think it is necessarily means that there would be Mel/Toros conspiracy - Mel might sell a different story to Gendry, Torros and Co - that they need him as a proof of all Baratheons looking the same or something else (or a nice uncle wants to have Gendry by his side) - actually even Davos can (unknowingly) take part in this plot - so when Davos discovers the truth he will try to arrange Gendry's escape.

This seems likely, although in the trailer it looked like Mel was examining Berric as well. Maybe this hints at her...orrigins? The producers and Van Houten have teased about her being undead more than once...

All in all, anything they do to spice up the Stannis, Mel, Davos plotline would be interesting since, in the books, they aren't very active before they reach the Wall.

Archived