No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

I chalk it off to another wishful thinking by fans, just like wanting to believe that PW will be shown on season 3.

But there's no evidence the PW will be shown this season. We have no Edric and Mel is meeting with the BwB. I think that's evidence enough that Gendry will replace Edric. I doubt Melisandre is meeting Thoros just to talk random stuff and then leave without doing anything else.

But there's no evidence the PW will be shown this season. We have no Edric and Mel is meeting with the BwB. I think that's evidence enough that Gendry will replace Edric. I doubt Melisandre is meeting Thoros just to talk random stuff and then leave without doing anything else.

Based on comments I have read, there seemed to be plenty of folks who thinks PW will shown this season. As for Edric, unless he plays an important role in the future, I don't see any reason for Gendry to take Edric's role. Personally I think the show will ignore any reference to need for King's blood, either to wake the stone Dragon or to kill off 3 Kings.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I looked at both the actresses who play Myranda and Roslyn, they don't really look like the girl in the trailer. It must be one of them, but with a lot of makeup, and stuff. To me, that checking up, made sense if it was Roslyn Frey, and that "blonde woman" was actually old Walder Frey picking someone that would impress Edmure.

It's definitely Charlotte Hope ("Myranda"):

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3087630747/faa960411cb8a841414b3409194664ef.jpeg

vs.

http://media.tumblr.com/9347ca52bc123b1ba85d282f92b4b6c6/tumblr_inline_mju3alhcPn1qh8whu.jpg

Mel might know about Gendry from "FireVision"

Speaking of Gendry= Edric,

- Even if Mell takes Gendry from Bwb I dont' think it is necessarily means that there would be Mel/Toros conspiracy - Mel might sell a different story to Gendry, Torros and Co - that they need him as a proof of all Baratheons looking the same or something else (or a nice uncle wants to have Gendry by his side) - actually even Davos can (unknowingly) take part in this plot - so when Davos discovers the truth he will try to arrange Gendry's escape.

I buy this one.

3. So, Thoros and Mel will meet. I'm not really sure what to make of that. Will have to see how it plays out

This is wrong. I always thought he was the Gandalf to her Saruman. Their philosophies are so different... how can they meet without clashing?

Is that Myranda Royce? Or is there another one? Or could they be inventing one?

It's not the same Myranda as in the books. This one is probably a new character that has nothing to do with the Royces of the Vale.

Based on comments I have read, there seemed to be plenty of folks who thinks PW will shown this season. As for Edric, unless he plays an important role in the future, I don't see any reason for Gendry to take Edric's role. Personally I think the show will ignore any reference to need for King's blood, either to wake the stone Dragon or to kill off 3 Kings.

There's the budget to think about. They can't go and cast every minor character who's appeared in the books. Gendry can be used to replace Edric, and he can still be kept in the dark. They don't have to tell him who's son he is.

My guess:

Melisandre somehow learns that one of Robert's bastard survived the massacres in King's Landing and is hiding out with another red priest. When she goes to negotiate with Thoros, she makes up some other story and hopes that he believes her. He doesn't, and bids her farewell, empty handed.

Problem solved. If they've played their cards right, HBO could have a good Mel/Stannis story arc and even save a bit of money in the process.

I'm somehow most excited about the bear and the maiden fair scene, it was such a great scene in the books. It seems the show will do it justice, even though the bear was as big as in this picture in my mind. http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/062/0/9/jaime_and_brienne___the_bear_of_harrenhal_by_evolvana-d4rjmtt.jpg

Well, that was disturbing. In the second picture she looks like a little kid, maybe 1,2 years older then Arya. And to see her naked in the first picture... a bit shocking (of course this helps the theory that she will be playing fake Arya)

:thumbsdown:

Well as long as that comes across on the TV show as well as it does in the books :cool4:

What makes him a douche? The fact that he actually likes Daenerys, offers her good counsel, doesn't force himself on her, and willingly submits to being a prisoner to create a peace for Daenerys? Daario is awesome.

Why can't we see any Roose? He's a much more important character than, say, Tormund Giantsbane, but you sure as fuck wouldn't know it from the promotion :bang:

And what Castle do you guys think Robb is standing in, surrounded by corpses? Couldn't be Winterfell, could it? :dunno:

I'm hoping he's SUPER prominent in the series now despite not being in the trailers at all. Deserves a chance to be relevant or the betrayal at the RW is fucking worthless.

Also, dayman.

I'm somehow most excited about the bear and the maiden fair scene, it was such a great scene in the books. It seems the show will do it justice, even though the bear was as big as in this picture in my mind. http://fc01.devianta...ana-d4rjmtt.jpg

Real Bears dont get that big, that's not natural. Besides, Bart is pretty huge anyway, just not unrealistically so like in that painting. 9 and a half feet apparently.

Speaking of Gendry= Edric,

- Even if Mell takes Gendry from Bwb I dont' think it is necessarily means that there would be Mel/Toros conspiracy - Mel might sell a different story to Gendry, Torros and Co - that they need him as a proof of all Baratheons looking the same or something else (or a nice uncle wants to have Gendry by his side) - actually even Davos can (unknowingly) take part in this plot - so when Davos discovers the truth he will try to arrange Gendry's escape.

Yes this sounds right it means not having to cast Edric, gives Joe Dempsie some more screen time since Gendry disappears for almost a novel's worth of pages.

And I think they will have Davos secretly ship Gendry away to the Free Cities aboard the Mad Prendos.

So Salladhor Saan appears again?

Has anyone spotted , I don't mean from a long distance, Liam Cunningham? We know he should have almost as many scenes as last season.

Speaking of that what the heck Free City id Edric go to?

If Braavos then Arya and Gendry meet again?

How does Gendry get back to Westeros?

Compare the hand of the torturer to the hands of Iwan Rheon in this video, pretty much confirms it is him.

Gah, he's so handsome but I can totally believe he's going to traumatize me as Ramsay!

Also, what if the castle Robb is standing in is a coastal holdfast that some of his army were holed up in? Maybe he's witnessing damage by the Greyjoys...

I just can't see him going all the way back to Winterfell.

PW isn't happening either. People will continue to deny it but in terms of the season's structure, it just wouldn't work.

What makes him a douche? The fact that he actually likes Daenerys, offers her good counsel, doesn't force himself on her, and willingly submits to being a prisoner to create a peace for Daenerys? Daario is awesome.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...Wait, I'm not done. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Archived