NYC: Any Season 3 Premiere Events?

I usually get HBO just for Game of Thrones and then cancel it when the season's done. It still works out cheaper than hauling my ass to Manhattan and paying for beverages in a bar every Sunday night.

Not to mention I can't watch a TV show like GoT in a noisy environment. The only thing I can watch in a bar is sports. Everything else requires my full attention, no distractions.

I usually get HBO just for Game of Thrones and then cancel it when the season's done. It still works out cheaper than hauling my ass to Manhattan and paying for beverages in a bar every Sunday night.

Not to mention I can't watch a TV show like GoT in a noisy environment. The only thing I can watch in a bar is sports. Everything else requires my full attention, no distractions.

I usually do the subscribe / cancel HBO thing too but this time around I'll be travelling too much to justify it (and the hotels I stay at during the weekdays will have HBO). I have the same concerns about watching non-sports TV at a bar that you do, but it's either that or wait until HBO re-runs it after Sunday and I'd like to catch the premiere Sunday night. Who knows, maybe I'll have something in common with the crowd there ;)

The cost I can understand but I live in the city so it works out well for me ;) ... but the experience at Thom's is great; they close the upstairs off for the event (I think they even tell people at the entrance to the upstairs that they better be considerate or gtfo :laugh: )

Plus, there was themed beer and some other fun stuff last time I went. You should check it out at least once. I may or may not go in head-to-toe Melisandre red... The night is dark and full of nachos...

Also, did you guys note the "free jello shots if anyone on the show dies"?

The only time Xray and I were at Professor Thom's to watch an episode, NO ONE DIED in the episode! Not sure how we managed that kind of timing. I mean, I didn't actually want the jello shot, I just wanted to enjoy watching the bar follow through on their promise.

(In the end, they did end up passing out the free jello shots after the episode, as that was the same night that Osama Bin Laden's death was announced on the news. That was sort of weird.)

The only time Xray and I were at Professor Thom's to watch an episode, NO ONE DIED in the episode! Not sure how we managed that kind of timing. I mean, I didn't actually want the jello shot, I just wanted to enjoy watching the bar follow through on their promise.

(In the end, they did end up passing out the free jello shots after the episode, as that was the same night that Osama Bin Laden's death was announced on the news. That was sort of weird.)

That was incredibly weird. One of the weirdest nights of my life, tbh.

That said, I went maybe 6 times or so during Season 1, and definitely had at least one 3-jello-shot night.

Wow. I walked in an hour early and promptly walked right out. Professor Thom's was packed -- standing room only for 3 rows behind the bar.

I assume that was not the normal crowd and it was only like that because of the GoT S2 marathon and the premiere.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to go to Thoms for an episode, somehow. I'm there plenty enough I should have stumbled into an episode accidentally by now. I've gotta make one this season.

i was there once, by accident, and it was PACKED for a GoT airing. Literally, packed.

Archived