how long did it take you to get hooked

MindAsh

I really really wish I could say I read the books before I watched the show... but I can't. BUT! I watched Episode 1 and than read up to the first Tyrion chapter and BAM I knew it was going to be something amazing. And just a little plug, I've started a Chapter by chapter analysis of the books. I just started it so if anyone is interested hop on now and read along with me. http://thethronesofhogwarts.blogspot.com/?zx=490219e3e8875fca

• 4 weeks later...

Although I enjoyed AGOT, I didn't properly get hooked until the second book. I liked the plot of the first book a lot but none of the characters stood out to me in particular. Then I read ACOK and the introduction of Davos and Theon as POV characters made a huge difference to me and then I also started finding the story lines of the original POV's more interesting too, like Tyrion and Sansa. So I was completely hooked by the time I got to the middle of ACOK and I became more and more obsessed as the series went on. :P

I saw the trailer for the first season a few days before I was due to leave the country to go and work abroad for the summer.

Noticed the book in a shop at the airport, and thought it'd be ideal reading material for while I was there.

Read the whole book within a few weeks and was completely blown away by it. So as soon as I got back to the UK, I purchased all the books and watched the first season right through. Been hooked ever since.

As for the part that got me hooked, I'd say it would have to have been what happened to Ned. I've never been affected by a book like that before. I even flicked through the rest of the book to make sure, because I really didn't believe it'd actually happened.

I kept reading on and off for the first 400 pages, when we got to ned's dream, i got hooked.

You know what, I think I was the same... I watched the show first and have seen up to Season 3... and I've just started reading the series. Just finished reading A Game of Thrones and now I'm about to start Clash of Kings... I think it was Bran (and Rickon's?) dream of Ned that made me realise, I have to see this to the end!

I've seen the series before and completely hooked wth the series. Binge-watched the first three season and finished in December 2013. Got the books as a birthday presents in the end of that same December....

Because I already loved the books, I thought I would immediatly loved the books, but there were a bit though at first. I had a struggle with the epilogue, but after the first Arya and Tyrion chapters. I felt in love with the books and GGRM's writing style.

I read GoT and immediately afterwards watched the first season. I was dissapointed in the characters. After getting so much detail from the book, the show was a pale comparison. Just finished aDwD and really have no interest in the show other than the fact that it's something to kill time while patiently awaiting WoW.

I got into it very quickly once it picked up. I was rushing to get through the first three books last year before season 4 came out. I was pretty eager to read them, too, because I had watched the show but didn't really know any of the characters, so the books were the only way I could know what was going on.

Archived