R+L=J v.44

Angalin

Btw the fisherman's daughter's name is not Wylla idk where you're getting that from here's the quote:

"Ned Stark was here?"

"At the dawn of Robert's Rebellion. The Mad King had sent to the Eyrie for Stark's head, but Jon Arryn sent him back defiance. Gulltown stayed loyal to the throne, though. To get home and call his banners, Stark had to cross the mountains to the Fingers and find a fisherman to carry him across the Bite. A storm caught them on the way. The fisherman drowned, but his daughter got Stark to the Sisters before the boat went down. They say he left her with a bag of silver and a bastard in her belly. Jon Snow, she named him, after Arryn.

It's never said that her name is Wylla, infact her name is never stated in general.

The theory that Wylla was the fisherman's daughter is based on a quote from Mr. Martin saying you can tell where people are from based on their names and the fact that Wyman and Wylla are Manderly names. If she was Eddard's mistress it is not surprising he would find her a position in a far away household where he had good relations after the affair was over.

In other words, the fact that she has served House Dayne for several years does not necessarily mean she was originally from Dorne.

The theory that Wylla was the fisherman's daughter is based on a quote from Mr. Martin saying you can tell where people are from based on their names and the fact that Wyman and Wylla are Manderly names. If she was Eddard's mistress it is not surprising he would find her a position in a far away household where he had good relations after the affair was over.

In other words, the fact that she has served House Dayne for several years does not necessarily mean she was originally from Dorne.

Are you sure GRRM wasn't talking about surnames instead of first names? Because people have the same first names all over the realm there's even a Rhaegar Frey. It makes more sense that he would have been talking about surnames since you can identify what house someone is from by their surname whether bastard or noble which then would indicate the region the house lives in as well. So I don't really see how her first name being Wylla means or indicates in anyway whatsoever that she's not from Dorne? Like I said ppl have the same first names all over the realm now if we knew what her surname was and that it was a name of the North then maybe you could make that assumption, but since we don't i'd say that logic doesn't make much sense.

Ruby, I've read pages and pages of your posts and I'm sorry but I'm still not sure what you're positing here. What is your fundamental opposition to R+L=J?

Also, can I ask what is your opinion of the Tagaryens in the context of the story?

Archived