LonCon 3 2014

WorldCon next year is in London. on the 14-18th August. Are you coming?

Next Price rise 14th July

Current membership rates.
Valid until 13 July 2014

Adult £125 Young Adult £65 Child £30 Infant £2 Supporter £25 Family £280

Names In Blue indicate someone looking for a Roomshare. If your nolonger looking please post to let me know.

Already have Membership 70 adults + (counted on 9th July)

Adz (Novotel 13th-21st )

AlexT (home)
All Men Must Rhyme + Little Miss Sunshine
Alytha
Angalin + The Things
arantius +1 (Aloft)
Arataniello (Ramada)
Baitic + 1 (Novotel)
Bastard og Gods Grace

Boiled Leather + theRedWoman Novatel)... 8/13-8/20

Brook + Karaddin (Nvovtel)

Buckwheat (13th - 19th)

Curlz (11th - 18th)

DaveAx (Novotel, 13th-19th)
Deedles (central london somewhere)

Derfel Cadarn (Sat-Tues)
Dracarya + 2
Elder Sister
Elg +1 (Premier Inn Beckton for 13 Aug - 21 Aug.)
Eloisa + MCGeek (Ramada)
Filippa + Fenryng John (oops, Corrected for marital Harmony)
Fragile Bird
Kairparavel + MC
Lady with Ink (Ramada 13th - 19th + 1 week in london)

liffguard

Lilly Valley (from the 11th)
Lord Jo
Luzifer's right hand
Maid of Woodlynne
Maltaran +1

Mich
MinDonner (Premier Inn friday and Sat only)
Morment
Mounted Goat (Ibis Styles Thurs - Mon, May stay longer)

Mr. Darcy's Cat (Marriott) Looking for Roomie
MrSaturday
Neal

Palimpseat

Peadar
Pebble (Staying Premier Inn 14th, check out 19th)
Perrianne Lurie (Ramada ) Looking for room mate
Redcock
Regian and Fenryng
SamanthaofTarth (Premier Inn 14th- 19th)
Sir Knight Somerville +1 (Marriott)
Slick Mongoose
Soph + Mentat
Targh

TheCrannogDweller

Theda Baratheon Looking for Roomie
Werthead (Ibis London Docklands)
Williamjm (Staying Premier Inn)
X-ray, Mr X

Planning on Buying Membership

Mash and DalThor
Bringer of Oranges
Chaldanya
Jaime's Wench (maybe)
Lessthanluke
LimeCat (maybe)

Lyanna Stark

Ser Sean
Daenerys Stormborn +1
Ser Scott (Maybe)
Koudoulis (Maybe)
Mandy
Lanny Cassandra + Child (Hubby is a maybe)

Eyelesbarrow

peterbound

Tully

Trebla

Tyria (Travellogde City Airport 14th - 18th)

Land-Sealion Tamer (hostel)

Curlz +1

Dunhallym (maybe)

Wants to Transfer their membership

2 Child memberships - Contact Angalin

1 Young Adult Membership Contact Eloisa (Elo-Lee-sa Chung-Yong -WorldCup name)

We bought our memberships in Chicago.

Ditto. I think this will be a pretty big gathering, maybe not as big as Chicago but lots of us will be there. :)

As do I - I got the progress report a few days ago, I had a quick look through the printed member list and the BwB count was already into double figures, and that's just the people whose real names I know.

I am so going, I live in London so it would be shame to miss it. I don't have a membership yet but will definitely buy one.

Sorry, but since this will be my first time going, I just have some noob questions:

Is membership limited? I assume loncon has a limit capacity.

Does membership assure admittance to loncon or are there additional tickets you have to buy?

I am so going, I live in London so it would be shame to miss it. I don't have a membership yet but will definitely buy one.

Sorry, but since this will be my first time going, I just have some noob questions:

Is membership limited? I assume loncon has a limit capacity.

Does membership assure admittance to loncon or are there additional tickets you have to buy?

Well yes it is limited in the sence that there will be a maximum capacity the buildings can hold due to fire regs. But I serriously doubt they will sell out (and if its looking like they will there will be plenty of warning)

membership is addmitance to the Con and all programming (you may have to pay extra for any materials you use in workshops if you attend them)

You may want a hotel room or some other form or accomidation, since the parties often finish late....

1) Membership is not limited at WorldCon, and even if it gets double the typical number of attendees, I am pretty sure the available conference space could handle it. Only upper limit is for fire regulations and I highly doubt WorldCon will reach those kinds of numbers.

2) Membership is for LonCon and most of its associated activities. There will be convention-organized outings, I am sure, to places such as the Greenwich Observatory -- those you will need to sign up for and pay extra.

Further, BWB events are funded by each member of the BWB in attendance. We're doing one public party for sure, and we're currently researching options for a private party as well. We won't have that data until at least January of next year, however.

Further, BWB events are funded by each member of the BWB in attendance. We're doing one public party for sure, and we're currently researching options for a private party as well. We won't have that data until at least January of next year, however.

I bet we are planning to fly to NY and have a party and Cannibal!

It's definitely a possibility. I'll have finished university by then and will most likely be back up that way anyway, so I can travel into London easily. I won't be able to afford a membership before the price increase - thanks Pebble for the information on that! - so I'll just have to suck it up and pay more when I can eventually afford it.

Big con, scary! I hope nobody hates me enough for me to be unwelcome.. :crying:

It's definitely a possibility. I'll have finished university by then and will most likely be back up that way anyway, so I can travel into London easily. I won't be able to afford a membership before the price increase - thanks Pebble for the information on that! - so I'll just have to suck it up and pay more when I can eventually afford it.

Big con, scary! I hope nobody hates me enough for me to be unwelcome.. :crying:

hmmm being a poor uni student and unless I've got you mixed up in my mind with someone else who would like to be a non-smoker but doesn't want to quit right now..... I'll make you a deal.

If your smoke free by the 30th of April I will buy you your membership. if you take it up again before the con you can either pay me back when you can afford it (if you still able to attend) or I can sell the membership to someone else.

Oh and Adz if your still smoking then, I'll poke my tounge out at you. ;)

Archived