LonCon 3 2014

I'm going to make this if I can help it. I think I'll be moving house around the same time, so there are definite logistics to work out, but if my life keeps going the way I want it to, I will be there :D

Been too long since I wore my Europe face :lol:

Nice one! :cheers:

write me down for a maybe

It would be great to see you again, and funny for the three of us to meet in London instead of here. :)

Mandy and ES, it will be awesome to meet you. One more reason to get our memberships soon.

I will not make Loncon. I hope you all have an amazing time. I will miss you.

Let me guess, Scot: you can't face having a post-con transatlantic flight screw-up. ;) Seriously though, if you could make it, it would be great.

Too many Eurocommies I need to see. And I miss my Isis, Chal, Nessie and Tenalpia... And ill hunt down Needle if I have to. We've missed each other since I was in Paris and she lived in France back in what? 2004? Craziness.
Yes. Yes. ALL OF THIS.

Right now I am going and we are trying to work out the family coming along. The husband really wants go to England. I will get mine and my son's memberships next payday.

YAY! :thumbsup:

I would love to meet you again :)

That really sucks Scot. Right now I am going and we are trying to work out the family coming along. The husband really wants go to England. I will get mine and my son's memberships next payday.

Awesome :)

I predict the BwB Party is going to be both huge and raucous.

Awesome :)

I predict the BwB Party is going to be both huge and raucous.

I"m just wondering where we're going to hold the BwB party because the setup is not very conducive to having a party with free booze and food for 200+. Are the euro-commie Bros planning on going off site? Or will they try to cope with the venue and all the restrictions thereof? Has the costs and options been considered by the people who are hosting the euro-Bros party at LonCon3? (I'm still shuddering at the fiasco in Melbourne; no fault of the con, that was all on the hotel, but a half dozen people helped me scramble at the last minute to find someplace, anyplace, to hold a party. We ended up at a nightclub nearby. Cost us an obscene amount of money and tears and then latecomers bitched me out for the rest of the con because there was a limit on how many 'free' admissions I could negotiate with the night club and I cut off the bar after X amount of booze I was willing to pay for, which was at least 3X the costs of booze at a USA WorldCon Bros party).

So short version: plan ahead and have a firm and realistic budget. Plan ahead and have a plan B and a bare-bones budget. Plan ahead and have a plan C and budget based on begging and selling plasma to the local blood bank.

Oh, and regardless of whether I can make it, can whoever is hosting/organising the BWB party let me know. I'm willing to throw in money now (or well before the con at least) in case deposits are needed /booze needs to be prepaid etc.

Party queries

I have no idea who normally is responsible for this stuff. Do the same bods normally get involved? Some initial questions:

What's the average budget per head?

Do we normally have bought-in booze or have the venue provide it?

Same with food?

When arranging a room is it required or polite to try to arrange through the con organisers or just do it all independantly?

I called the Excel just now and the person managing the Loncon account is out of the office til tomorrow. I just wanted to get an initial idea on suitable venues and usual arrangements from their end in terms of food/drink etc.

I won't be able to take point on these arrangements when it comes to budgeting and everything but happy to get the ball rolling and then hand over and continue to assist if needed.

Archived