LonCon 3 2014

WAIT.

DO NOT start party planning. DO NOT call ExCeL.

There is a person on the London ConCom whose job it is to be the liaison between all convention groups and the convention center. I am in touch with that person and we will be working things out between us for venue space, all legal issues and all supplies. I am working with multiple other BWB right now on party plans and we will let people know about party plans as soon as they are advanced enough to talk about.

If you wish to volunteer to help, I will make note of that and delegate tasks as need be.

I apologize for being harsh, but people going off and doing things by themselves, without authorization by the group organizers (read: me), is how groups get thousands of dollars in debt. Having more than one Point-of-Contact between organizations increases chances of mis-communication and bad decision-making. And that is simply unacceptable.

So, please. Just chill for now. When stuff needs to get done, we'll let people know.

I was simply attempting to get some basic info to pass to someone who could use it. Parris asked the question a week ago, with no response. There was zero chance I was planning on actually booking anything, therefore zero chance of any debt.

From this point if anything's needed, ask me - else I'll assume no help's required.

I appreciate the initiative -- I hadn't said anything because there's nothing to report just yet. Hell, some of us just got back from the last WorldCon and haven't done laundry yet. But, yeah, we are working on party logistics with the appropriate groups in the London Con Com to secure what we need for the party. We will definitely put out a call for volunteers when needed. :)

I was simply attempting to get some basic info to pass to someone who could use it. Parris asked the question a week ago, with no response. There was zero chance I was planning on actually booking anything, therefore zero chance of any debt.
If there are going to be any BwB-run events at WC then they will be coordinated, efficiently, through the head of the BwB, who goes to a lot of effort in her own time, for zero financial reward, in order to provide awesomeness to people from this board (and other con attendees). It's great that people are keen to help and especially great that people want to show initiative but it will work out best for everyone in the long run if it's a coordinated effort.

All hail Xray, we are safe in her hands :love: and if she stops being an awesome leader I will withhold her beer :)

From this point if anything's needed, ask me - else I'll assume no help's required.
If you have a flick through this forum you will see threads where Xray has asked for people to volunteer to help with official BwB events at previous conventions. So people will be asked to offer their help, if they want to, nearer to the event.

Pebble!! Please put me down as a yes plus one. Memberships were purchased last week I think? You people don't know what you have created!!!! I am interested in seeing how the party will end up being set up as there are more venues than in San Antonio. I know which hotel I'd like to stay in and I was going to choose a non-party floor anyway. Whether the parties as at the con center or at one of the hotels on campus, I'm hoping that they will all be at walking distance from each other, no? It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, I shall be there until it all ends.

Can't wait to see you again and meet some of you too. teeee-ahhh-rahhhsssss

Silly question from a WorldCon n00b, what do you guys use as your Badge names, is it first names, Board names, what?

(and no, we have NOT yet purchased our memberships but we will, promise. I even asked my parents if they are willing to babysit the Spawn next August for a few days and they agreed, provided they don't break any more limbs by then -my parents, not the twins.)

Anyone know what the increased price will be after Oct 1? I can't entirely afford it this month but if I'll be saving some significant amount of money like £50 then I can probably scrape the cash - but, I don't want to do this if it's only going up by £20 or so.

Archived