LonCon 3 2014

The cheapest option would be one of those apartments in the Ibis - there's one left with two double beds and one with a king and two singles, at £178 per night, so that's £44.50 each. But good luck getting those, you'll need to be super quick.

Novotel triples are the next cheapest option (£155 per night) though the Ramada suites are close (£160). The Ramada doubles and twins are still pretty reasonable at £120, compared to £108 or more for the three star hotels (the Ramada's a four star). I have no idea how many Novotel triples there are, but there are four Ramada suites left.

.... I didn't realise you could book those now. I thought you had to wait to book those along with the rest of the hotel rooms. Bloody.......better go have a look.

Edit: Well I must be going bonkers, as I can't those suites for the prices you've quoted. Ramada are quoting £220 a night for 4 people in a suite. Ah well. I'll just wait until the 2nd Jan and book a twin room. Thanks for the info though Mormont.

You can't book any rooms now: as I said, January 2nd is your starting point for con bookings (which will get a hefty discount at the Ramada and Novotel). I just happen to have a bit of inside info about what's available. ;)

Just had a quick looksie at PR2, prices ain't too bad.

For those with the money to outlay right this instant, the Premier Inn London Docklands currently has room saver prices available for the dates of LonCon; and a quick check shows a stay from 13th-19th August would cost £329 for a twin or double (breakfast costs extra: £9 pp/pd). That price, however, is payable now, and is non amendable and non refundable.

:( I am really really gutted to say this, but we won't be able to make it to London after all. We had an unexpected setback and budgeting for this is just not possible. I've known for a few days but I guess it needed time to sink in. I was really looking forward to seeing some of you again and spending more time together, I was really looking forward to finally meeting the rest of you. :(

And there was this home-brewed ale I was hoping to get to try, and all sorts of plans about costumes and corsets... oh well. I'll be sitting here, enviously reading about all the fun you'll be having, wishing I could have been here.

Mash sorry you won't be able to make it. Was really looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe in Helsinki 2017 or Dublin 2019? if those bids are successful?

Sam and I have our hotel room booked. we are staying in the Premier Inn (one of the closest hotels and the cheapest at about £54 per night - varies depending on night)

A probably stupid question :blushing: , but here it is. Is it possible to buy a membership also, well, there, by cash? I have no credit card, or is it possible to buy a membership by a bank account card too? Will the young adult price rise?

Okay, that was more than one question. Sorry, this would be the first time doing it, I feel silly! :blushing: :leaving:

For those with the money to outlay right this instant, the Premier Inn London Docklands currently has room saver prices available for the dates of LonCon; and a quick check shows a stay from 13th-19th August would cost £329 for a twin or double (breakfast costs extra: £9 pp/pd). That price, however, is payable now, and is non amendable and non refundable.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've booked in there, since it seems cheaper than the other options and I probably won't be spending much time in it.

:( I am really really gutted to say this, but we won't be able to make it to London after all. We had an unexpected setback and budgeting for this is just not possible. I've known for a few days but I guess it needed time to sink in. I was really looking forward to seeing some of you again and spending more time together, I was really looking forward to finally meeting the rest of you. :(

Pity you can't make it :(

A probably stupid question :blushing: , but here it is. Is it possible to buy a membership also, well, there, by cash? I have no credit card, or is it possible to buy a membership by a bank account card too? Will the young adult price rise?

Do you have a debit card? I bought my membership using one so you don't necessarily need a credit card.

Mash sorry you won't be able to make it. Was really looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe in Helsinki 2017 or Dublin 2019? if those bids are successful?

Sam and I have our hotel room booked. we are staying in the Premier Inn (one of the closest hotels and the cheapest at about £54 per night - varies depending on night)

We have indeed! Thanks to Pebble! :) It is totally the cheapest. Our total stay (without breakfast) is £245 for the BOTH of us.

WilliamJM - Yay!! Glad to hear you're all booked in. I reckon it might be a popular one just so long as their Room Saver rate holds. Without it, at £189 a night, it's pretty insane price!

The Premier Inn is fine if you are absolutely certain you are going, as the current low rate is for a booking that cannot be amended or refunded.

Aye, so you do have to be absolutely sure you're going. However, Premier Inn do regularly hold Room Sales, with London Rooms dropping to £39-£49+ a night, so it might serve to register for newsletters from Premier Inn, and wait for a Room Sale nearer the time.

Aye, so you do have to be absolutely sure you're going. However, Premier Inn do regularly hold Room Sales, with London Rooms dropping to £39-£49+ a night, so it might serve to register for newsletters from Premier Inn, and wait for a Room Sale nearer the time.

Except that the place will probably sell out almost immediately on Jan 2nd for WorldCon dates .

Probably. *shrugs* Was just trying to be helpful. Nobody is going to lose anything by registering for a newsletter, booking something through the Con on the 2nd, and then, when a Room Sale comes, see if there's anything cheaper still available. But that's up to individuals to decide; thanks to Pebbles' generosity, I'm all sorted.

Archived