LonCon 3 2014

Gutted I didn't get to meet you, Drac!!

You missed Luke and I, attempting to prove (probably in vain :P ) that Wales *just* might exist! :D

A fruitless attempt, no doubt!

I know, we in particular suck - a friend in common, used to live within an hours' drive from each other, were both in London, and we still didn't manage to meet up. It's just not meant to be :p

Wow. That was an experience.

The greatest thing about it all was meeting Dracarya, Fragile Bird, Baitac, my lovely roommates Sunny and All Men Must Rhyme, palimpsest, Mountain Goat, Paedar, Pod, CrannogDweller, Luzifer's Left Hand, Pebble, TMOW, Elder Sis and so many others that I cannot name them all. There are some that I wish I could spend more time with, and I wish I can meet you all again. :)

Best moments:

The karaoke night.

Unexpectedly winning the new book by Robin Hobb (the answer was "Vivacia"!) and getting it signed immediately by the author.

Those few sightseeing tours that I managed to squeeze in between.

Being asked "Oh really? Which one of the three thousand?" by GRRM after he was told I was at the sigining in Ljubljana two years ago. :P

Just the relaxed chats about the books and the TV series with some other BWBers.

Playing mafia (maybe being brutally murdered by way of hugging is not the worst way to go?).

Downsides:

Getting locked out of the b&b place we were staying at 2.10 AM.

Not seeing the poppies at the Tower.

Being back at home and kind of already missing the con now?

Unrelated: mormont, I swear I really did not know who you were that one time, I have never met you before. I hope I do not get a warning point over it, I was not trying to make fun or anything! I was just quite embarrassed not knowing who I was speaking to.

Unrelated: mormont, I swear I really did not know who you were that one time, I have never met you before. I hope I do not get a warning point over it, I was not trying to make fun or anything! I was just quite embarrassed not knowing who I was speaking to.

This happened so many times to me, would be 5 minutes into a conversation before asking "sooo who are you on the boards?"

Unrelated: mormont, I swear I really did not know who you were that one time

This happens to me all the time. :lol: I don't know what people expect (apart from a beard, apparently).

This happened so many times to me, would be 5 minutes into a conversation before asking "sooo who are you on the boards?"

Same here. Well some had the forum name on the name tag, so that helped. :P

This happens to me all the time. :lol: I don't know what people expect (apart from a beard, apparently).

I was not expecting anything, I just had no idea who you were. xD

So, what is the name of the group for whom this was the first con? Pebble said it was something like free company ... ? I wonder how many members were at a con for the first time, beside me.

I spoke to a lot of first time con goers and I was also one :)

Was my first con too, buck :) Loooooved it.

High five! Here is to the Shadow Company. :cheers:

I loved hearing how Buckwheat pronounces BWB and the TTNE. :P

:blushing: I am really wondering how funny my accent sounds to native speakers.

Your English is excellent and your accent is absolutely fine! It's probably a little better than my Slovenian *cough*.

Another first-time con-goer here. I've met several of the BWB before but it was cool to meet a load of new people too.

First time con-goer here and I loved it. It was great meeting you all, just wished I could have met more!

:cheers:

Well, there is only so much people you can meet in a few days.

Your English is excellent and your accent is absolutely fine! It's probably a little better than my Slovenian *cough*.

:blushing: Thank you.

In Singapore airport about to board the last leg of our flight home. I'll type up a proper report when I'm home and have slept.

It's not your accent - my accent sounds funnier and I am a native speaker - it's the fact you like to sound all your acronyms as a word rather than individual letters. It's endearing.

It's not your accent - my accent sounds funnier and I am a native speaker - it's the fact you like to sound all your acronyms as a word rather than individual letters. It's endearing.

I had no idea I do that. :blushing: But thanks still.

Archived