LonCon 3 2014

I do not recommend booking a room that you can't cancel unless you are certain you can come, but there are options for unforeseen circumstances.

there is the potential to possibly let someone else use your hotel room (check in with your name, and they pay you back) if it turns out you can't make it.

The downside of that is most people will have already sorted out their hotel room so finding someone you trust may be difficult.

As for registering for newsletters I suggest doing the same for the travel lodge as well. they often have sales and since they are not offering one at the moment they might not sell out as quickly when the con rooms go on sale.

Aw. You guys! I'm so sorry you're not going to make it over. We will post you a bottle of the imperial stout though.

I'd counsel people to be extremely cautious when it comes to hotel room exchanges. I've had negative experiences with people dropping out of shared rooms at the last minute leaving me to foot the bill for the whole thing, I've had strangers offer to share rooms then back out at the last minute, and people not paying what they owe for a room...

i still need to get my shit together for this. Sounds too good an opportunity to miss although typically I'm at a wedding in California prior to this so either need to be good with saving or wildly optiistic.

Not operating smoothly at all. I just made a room booking then got an instant 'whoops, something went wrong with your booking please try again' message. I try to try again... no availability.

ETA So I called to speak to a human and apparently the site is Fully Operational. So if it says no availability then that's 100% correct and there is nothing that infotel can do to help you out.

I booked a twin room at the Novotel, which was the only one I could get with the dates that I wanted. (August 13 to 21).

I would very much like someone to share the room with me, even if only for part of the time.

So, if you're looking for a room, please feel free to ask.

ETA: Flights are booked, too.

My problem was that I'd picked one single choice and when that wasn't available I had to make a hurried decision on the spot for the next best option for me. But it's cool. I made a good choice and I'm happy with it. :)

The Ramada's booked out now. Next closest would be the Novotel but maybe we'll be able to switch to Ramada when some of those people move to the Aloft after the lottery. Ramada's own website still says they have availability (even for standard rooms) which is a tad annoying.

Damn, those hotel rooms are fucking expensive. Holy crap. I am definitely going with a hostel. There seem to be a few nearby that cost lest than $50 a night. For a con that will cost me so much to get there, I will suffer the youth hostel experience once more.

I think the Premier Inn was probably the cheapest option (although I'm sure some of the other hotels are probably much nicer and not as obsessed with the colour purple), but it looks like they've sold out of their cheap rooms for the Friday and Saturday although Thursday and Sunday are still less than £50.

Should probably get my name on the "already have membership" list. :) Will be at the Premier Inn, Friday and Saturday nights only; the other days I'll just have to trek homewards, as even at cheapo Premier Inn rates I can't really stretch to staying the whole duration.

Should probably get my name on the "already have membership" list. :) Will be at the Premier Inn, Friday and Saturday nights only; the other days I'll just have to trek homewards, as even at cheapo Premier Inn rates I can't really stretch to staying the whole duration.

Done :)

I've also been adding where people are staying and dates if provided. If you don't want me to add this to the list then please say so.

Archived