LonCon 3 2014

OK brook and I have bought our membership and our flights so you can pencil us in as confirmed! Need to arrange accommodation still, along with try for a bwb meet earlier that week in Gothenburg :P that's where our flight to London is from.

ETA we are now booked at the Novotel

I didn't think I'd be able to make it, but things changed and I think I will be attending!

Put down myself and a +1 in the "planning on buying a membership" section. :)

There shall be much partying and I think tiaras should be worn again. Just saying...

Now we must find somewhere to stay!

I'll try to make it. There are really some people I'd like to see again and I should be on vacations at that time of the year. As cons are not my bf's thing though, I'll come alone and probably stay only one or two days.

ETA: I see the prices rise in one month, I'll take a final decision by then.

I've had a London membership since forever, and am booked at the Novotel for six nights starting the 13th.

Not worrying about flights just yet, since too much other stuff is in flux.

But there will be a House Bannister reunion in London, if I have anything to say about it.

As for DC, that location would be my preference due to driving convenience, but the dates may not work for me. For London, I'm skipping out on my backstage job at the Philadelphia Folk Festival for the first time in forty years. I'm not so sure I'll do that for DC, though.

House Bannister reunion! Woot!

I'm stressing about flights and deciding whether or not to go to Shamrockcon - looks like my best flight options will keep me around until the 23rd regardless, but the extra hotel costs might kill me!

Curlz I am so happy you will be there!

I do believe I am going to have to wait until some time in March to determine if this is going to be possible for me. Is there a list of people appearing for the Con (in terms of writers, actors, etc)? Emerald City Con has an extensive list on their site, but WorldCon has about a half dozen artists and then some sentences about how there will be other people running around. I am not a celebrity-chaser, but Q and Lt Worf are going to be at Emerald City Con, not to mention the lady being ogled by a panda to the left of this paragraph.

I do believe I am going to have to wait until some time in March to determine if this is going to be possible for me. Is there a list of people appearing for the Con (in terms of writers, actors, etc)? Emerald City Con has an extensive list on their site, but WorldCon has about a half dozen artists and then some sentences about how there will be other people running around. I am not a celebrity-chaser, but Q and Lt Worf are going to be at Emerald City Con, not to mention the lady being ogled by a panda to the left of this paragraph.

The LonCon site is currently only listing Guests of Honour, I think, but there's an intention to market some of the bigger-name participants in the near future - just as soon as some of them confirm they'll actually be there. ;) But those 'big names' will be mostly authors, artists, etc: no Lt Worf or Q, I'm afraid.

(You can actually check if someone is going to be there in the member database.)

GRRM is attending and I suspect, especially if GoT gets a nom again, there may be some actors on hand from that depending on their shooting schedule (S5 will - if commissioned and it will be - shoot from July to December or thereabouts).

I am not a celebrity-chaser, but Q and Lt Worf are going to be at Emerald City Con, not to mention the lady being ogled by a panda to the left of this paragraph.

If media stars are your thing, then WorldCon is not for you. Almost all of the guests are authors. We might get a GoT castmember or two for a day, but that's never guaranteed.

I can't get the Thursday and Friday off, but I'll be coming down on the Saturday and returning to Glasgow on Tuesday.

I've booked my hotel, but not my travel. As I'm finishing work at 0715 on Saturday morning :( it might be best to get the train down. I'll need to look into it.

I was only checking for your name the other day to see if you were coming LL. Cmon you know you want to.

I'm hoping Lena Headey drops by at some point but thats just I've totally got a crush on her after seeing her in Sydney.

I'm much more jazzed to meet folk from BWB than celebrities. I had no clue about actor folk attending cons other than some Patrick Stewart//Brent Spiner interactions I've seen on youtube. And then a friend started getting on my case about visiting Seattle for their Con, suggesting I costume-up as Ninth Doctor. That got me thinking. That's all.

That said...London is far and full of terrors.

I'm much more jazzed to meet folk from BWB than celebrities. I had no clue about actor folk attending cons other than some Patrick Stewart//Brent Spiner interactions I've seen on youtube. And then a friend started getting on my case about visiting Seattle for their Con, suggesting I costume-up as Ninth Doctor. That got me thinking. That's all.

That said...London is worth it and full of bwbers.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Archived