LonCon 3 2014

hmmm being a poor uni student and unless I've got you mixed up in my mind with someone else who would like to be a non-smoker but doesn't want to quit right now..... I'll make you a deal.

If your smoke free by the 30th of April I will buy you your membership. if you take it up again before the con you can either pay me back when you can afford it (if you still able to attend) or I can sell the membership to someone else.

That's me, and that is.. an extremely generous offer :eek: I certainly couldn't accept, but I do appreciate it very much! Incoming creepy internet hug: :grouphug: I'll be able to afford it by September, then I'll be jumping on the membership train! With some friends of course, who will also be saving up over the summer for it. I believe we'll qualify for the young adult attending? We'll be 22 by that time. Any idea if that also increases in price?

Well up to you of course. If I don't spend my money the govenment will only devalue it. (or take a lesson from Cypress and just steel it). Serriously I wouldn't notice the cost.

• Young Adult Attending
    This is for attendees aged between 16 and 25 years on the 14th August 2014 . right now thats ÂŁ65.00

I'd expect another price rise around August - September.

And there is nothing creepy about internet hugs. btw your so getting hugged for realz when we meet. I'll give you a badge and everything.

edit although reading more Young Adults, children and infant prices will not be increasing on the 1st of May

As part of the convention's policy to encourage families and children to attend Loncon 3, the following Attending membership rates, based on the person's age as of 14 August 2014, for Infants (0-5 years old), Children (6-15 years old) and Young Adults (16-25) will remain unchanged:

• Infants (0-5 years old) at £2 (US$3 / €3)

• Children (6-15 years old) at £30 (US$50 / €40)

• Young Adults (16-25 years old) at £65 (US$110 / €85).

The rate for a Supporting membership will also stay unchanged at £25 (US$40 / €35).

Oh yay! I didn't get a badge before :crying:

Thanks again for the info! I'll keep my eyes peeled for any price rises for the young adult membership. ÂŁ65 isn't bad tbh, a small rise would also be fine come September, as I'll be a lot better off than I am now (car insurance has wrecked my bank account, blah blah).

My mum lives in Hertfordshire, about a 30-45 minute train ride from London, and I'll most likely be going with at least 2 other people, so we could get a group save on tickets. I think that'll work out cheaper than finding somewhere to stay, though it would mean leaving any parties earlier. I'm sure I can work something out - I'll have plenty of time to save up, after all! :P

Mormont and I will be working on the YA programme, so we have no choice but to attend. Absolutely cannot wait :drool:

There is no realistic upper limit to membership numbers. The Excel is HUGE, as well as wonderful. As well as perfect for our purposes...

Please all come and be immensely and terrifically delighted.

Mormont, Please ensure that you kep Peadar from eating the younglings this time. I can afford to spring for extra memberships but the bail costst and fake passport from that incedent in Monteral nearly bankrupted me.

Drac, you should have got a badge if you hugged me, most people did.

Mormont and I will be working on the YA programme, so we have no choice but to attend. Absolutely cannot wait :drool:

There is no realistic upper limit to membership numbers. The Excel is HUGE, as well as wonderful. As well as perfect for our purposes...

Please all come and be immensely and terrifically delighted.

Are you being auctioneer again too?

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I'm not going to be able to make London barring some amazingly good financial fortunes.

Sorry to hear it, Scot. :( Will hope for the best for you!

As we live in London, I'm sure we will be attending but won't buy memberships for some time I should think.

We may even bring PTWP with us for a day.

N

Thanks for the heads up in the price increase, Pebs. I'm planning to go (hoping is more like it) so I'll get my membership before the prices go up.

And if it turns out I can't afford the airfare and hotel, one of you lucky BWBers will be able to pick up my membership at cost.

And Pebs, you had better reserve a badge for me! :P

Archived