LonCon 3 2014

And just for reference, hotel bookings through LonCon 3 open on Jan 2nd, 2014. Having not done a WorldCon before, not quite sure how quickly these rooms will be gobbled up.

I'd always book close to when they go on sale. You can always cancel with no money forfeit.

But you don't have to worry about having to book on the 2nd Jan exactly. You should at least be fine for a few weeks. And if you don't want to be in the party hotel, you'll have months to book (I imagine).

And if you don't want to be in the party hotel, you'll have months to book (I imagine).

Unless plans change drastically, there isn't going to be a party hotel as regular Worldcon-goers understand it - parties will be in the Excel.

Please move me from a "no" to a "maybe".

Cool :)

I have a problem in that I have my tickets but am now so skint I can't afford to book hotel rooms, and that may remain the case until well into next year. We'll definitely be there though :)

I should just clarify that we were curious as to whether Pebble's in-laws were equally intolerant of non-heterosexual individuals as they were of non-white European descent individuals...

I should just clarify that we were curious as to whether Pebble's in-laws were equally intolerant of non-heterosexual individuals as they were of non-white European descent individuals...

Well they are likely to consider non-heterosexual individuals as a bit weird, but they think people who post on the internet or go to conventions are a bit weird anyway.

After having such a great time in London the for 3 and a half days and meeting some of you we feel even stronger about coming to the Con next year. Alas, no memberships yet and I fear we probably won't be able to get them before the end of September, before prices go up. Does anyone know how significant the price increase will be?

Don't forget the 'pay in installments' option which handily freezes the price at the time you apply and let's you pay in smaller chunks over time. Think I might do that this week actually.

http://www.loncon3.o...alment_plan.php

Hmm, something to consider. You have to buy a Supporting membership to qualify for that (which I assume you already have?), does the cost get deducted from the Adult membership when you upgrade?

Hmm, something to consider. You have to buy a Supporting membership to qualify for that (which I assume you already have?), does the cost get deducted from the Adult membership when you upgrade?

It certainly should. Currently for San Antonio, Suppporting Membership is $60, Attending Membership is $240 but Upgrade from Supporting is $180 (the difference between the two). I'm pretty sure that's the normal situation at other worldcons. Although, I can't see where LonCon clarifies that.

Unless plans change drastically, there isn't going to be a party hotel as regular Worldcon-goers understand it - parties will be in the Excel.

Right. I should have known things would be a little different. :)

It did with the friend and pre-supporter memberships.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived