How will Dany receive Tyrion?

Daenerys should give each of these guys the Quentyn treatment as they make their way to her, dwarfs included. Keep singing the same song to them all until one of them passes the test:

98 suitors south of the Wall,

98 piles of ash,

take another one down

to dragon town,

soon you'll have

97 seekers of Targaryen gash!

'comes another would-be prince...

see if his crown

shines in the fire

as he roasts on the spit,

or will the high flyers

not melt this one down

but decide he has "it,"

and grant his desires:

to live alongside

the queen of scales,

to go for the ride

and with her prevail,

to be borne aloft on

wings of dragonhide,

or will he be gone....

a princeling dragonfried.

You try scale or dragonscale instead of dragonhide. Just a thought.

I could imagine the dialogue going something like this:-

Dany "And what do you have to offer my cause?"

Tyrion "Look, Just lie back, close your eyes, and spread your legs, and we'll get along famously?"

Dany "Drogon. Dinner."

I don't put it past him to say something like that either.

When Tyrion met Dany

T: You realize of course that we could never be friends.

D: Why not?

T: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

D: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

T: No you don't.

D: Yes I do.

T: You only think you do.

D: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

T: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.

D: They do not.

T: Do too.

D: How do you know?

T: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

D: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

T: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.

D: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?

T: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

D: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.

T: I guess not.

D: That's too bad. You are the only person I know who loves my dragons.

T: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.

D: Which one am I?

T: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.

T: You know, you may be the first attractive woman I've not wanted to sleep with in my entire life.

D: That's wonderful, Tyrion

Stolen from one of my favorite movies

D:.......and stop polishing their scales all the time, the kids get spoiled!

When Tyrion met Dany

T: You realize of course that we could never be friends.

D: Why not?

T: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

D: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

T: You only think you do.

D: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

T: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.

D: How do you know?

T: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

D: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

T: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.

D: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?

T: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

D: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.

T: I guess not.

D: That's too bad. You are the only person I know who loves my dragons.

:lol:

Does this mean we'll get to see the Green Grace say "I'll have what she's having" ?

Well, Tyrion will probably meet Barristan first, he does not seem the type to leap to judgement. He is not aware of the horrible things Tyrion has done, and if he's done a bit of whoring, who cares? He's not sworn to celibacy.

Barristan can ease Dany into meeting him. Also, Tyrion will simply ask, if I am responsible for the crimes of my Father, are you responsible for your Fathers? To which she will have to reply, I hope not.

So, it should go okay, but we have no idea what state Dany will be in upon her return. If she faces the prospect of fighting her dragons because of Victorian and Tyrion can help her get control back, then he will be a superstar in her books.

I know a lot of people think that Tyrion's extensive knowledge of Dragon lore is a sign that he will be a dragon rider, and perhaps they are right, but I am of the view that it is more likely an indication of his role as trainer/tamer of Dany's children. Following the battle, I can see Tyrion proving his usefulness to Victarion et al. by playing a role in controlling the 2 remaining dragons while Dany is away. That will be his in, so to speak, with Dany.

Ultimately, however, I believe that Tyrion's knowledge will come in most handy when the time comes to kill the fire breathing lizards. When the dragons die, and I firmly believe they will, Tyrion will be the one who provides key to killing them.

Nah, it would be Jaqen, he will tell Sam that they need to be shot in the eye by weirwood arrow by worshipper of Old Gods and Sam the Slayer will be able to add on his resume three more frags...

"Employers:

Night's Watch

Citadel of Oldtown

Career achievments:

One Other

Three Dragons

My dad getting heart attack when reading about it"

;)

I know a lot of people think that Tyrion's extensive knowledge of Dragon lore is a sign that he will be a dragon rider, and perhaps they are right, but I am of the view that it is more likely an indication of his role as trainer/tamer of Dany's children. Following the battle, I can see Tyrion proving his usefulness to Victarion et al. by playing a role in controlling the 2 remaining dragons while Dany is away. That will be his in, so to speak, with Dany.

Ultimately, however, I believe that Tyrion's knowledge will come in most handy when the time comes to kill the fire breathing lizards. When the dragons die, and I firmly believe they will, Tyrion will be the one who provides key to killing them.

I really can't think of any reason why Tyrion would want them dead though, the guy is obsessed with dragon lore.

I really can't think of any reason why Tyrion would want them dead though, the guy is obsessed with dragon lore.

A tiny ray of wishful thinking that he would try to protect some of his remaining family members Jaime or Myrcella from dany and her dragons.

Because if he sides with dany it means he is against Myrcella and Tommen.

A tiny ray of wishful thinking that he would try to protect some of his remaining family members Jaime or Myrcella from dany and her dragons.

I doubt Dany will feel she has any reason to kill them(the kids) though. She does after all have a special place reserved in her black heart for children:) as for Jaimie, I think he wont have a choice but to let it be.

I like to think that Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love, since he will refuse to kill Jaime. Dany, just like any westerosi child, grew up listening to the tale of the Kingslayer. For her, Jaime was the final nail in the coffin. But will she have Tommen and Myrcella executed? Can she turn to Tywin Lannister and Robert Baratheon? During her stay in Meeree, children of noble famiies, served as her squires and pages, basically they were hostages. Dany liked them and felt strange at the idea of executing in case their parents misbehaved. Something similar Jaime thinks, when Daven warns him that the riverlords were still loyal to the Starks. Jaime, just like Dany, was fond of his squires.

I like to think that Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love, since he will refuse to kill Jaime. Dany, just like any westerosi child, grew up listening to the tale of the Kingslayer. For her, Jaime was the final nail in the coffin. But will she have Tommen and Myrcella executed? Can she turn to Tywin Lannister and Robert Baratheon? During her stay in Meeree, children of noble famiies, served as her squires and pages, basically they were hostages. Dany liked them and felt strange at the idea of executing in case their parents misbehaved. Something similar Jaime thinks, when Daven warns him that the riverlords were still loyal to the Starks. Jaime, just like Dany, was fond of his squires.

I like to think that it will be Doran/SandSnakes, who will jeopardize her cause once he learns of the nature of Quentyn's death..its still in the crackpot stage though

Barristan would undoubtedly be briefed by Ilyrio/Varys.

I am not sure if it is in the book as well, but Varys says "There are many who know that, without you, the city faced a certain defeat. The king won't give you any honours, the histories won't mention you, but we will not forget."

EDIT: Tyrions info on Aegon/fAegon would be also appreciated.

I doubt it - given that Barristan is being more honest with Daenerys, he would have just told her about it.

I like to think that Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love, since he will refuse to kill Jaime.

For gold would be more poetical. Betray Dany, save Tommen or Myrcella, and become Lord of Casterly Rock.

But from a practical point of view to the original question of the thread, I'd tend towards on all fours.

I was recently reading GOT and I noticed something. Dany mentions that her mother died giving birth to her and Viserys always hated her for it. This could be something endears Tyrion to her considering he went thorugh something similair with Cersei and Tywin. Also she didn't really object when Visery's got his crown, so it be a bit hypocritical to judge someone on kinslaying.

I was recently reading GOT and I noticed something. Dany mentions that her mother died giving birth to her and Viserys always hated her for it. This could be something endears Tyrion to her considering he went thorugh something similair with Cersei and Tywin. Also she didn't really object when Visery's got his crown, so it be a bit hypocritical to judge someone on kinslaying.

I think the whole mother dying during birth thing would be a reach, also I think the fact that Tyrion killed his own father will trouble her a bit.

Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon.

Motherkillers.

to be one of the three dragon heads your head has to poke out of your moms lethally?

a baptism into doom.

it seems wrong, yet I can't dismiss it.

could just be that lots of moms die in childbirth there, so it's represented among the nobility too.

why leave it as just random childbirth deaths, though, when they can be assigned more meaning as part of a conspiracy theory?

3 Azor Ahai's, not 1. Well the 3 would be 1, really, they'd all be AA instead of having to choose a single solitary soul to be it.

Archived