Official Court of Law v 11: Olenna and Margaery Tyrell

SeanF

1.1 Not guilty for Lady Olenna, Guilty for Queen Margaery. Even though it probably wasn't up to the young queen but seeing how forces were mustered at first to take out the false king im inclined to give a lesser sentence, a sentence still seeing how said forces were to combat the rightful King Stannis before the untimely death of Lord Renly.

1.2 Guilty for Lady Olenna, Not guilty for Queen Margaery. Olenna must be responsible for dropping the strangler into the chalice yet Marg must have known when to stop drinking from said chalice however there isn't enough evidence to say she did or didn't or that she was in on said planning.

1.3 Not guilty. False accusations by the Queen Regent in order to dispose Marg. However, whether or not Marg did actually engage in extra-marrital affairs is inconclusive. Maester Pycelle suggests the young queen came to him for moon tea however his loyalties are questionable at best. Im inclined to vote in favor of Marg.

2. Not guilty for both. Lack of evidence presented to the court.

3. Not guilty for both. Lack of evidence to say whether that was either of their intentions.

4. Dismissed

Verdict: I am inclined to confine both defendants to Highgarden for being used as tools for their family's advancement, to absolve the marriage of Margaery to the current false King Tommen Waters as not only devious/ill-gotten but inappropriate as His Grace is half Marg's yrs & underage as well. However, considering their implication in such events has led to the 'removal' of a real threat to the realm I will be lenient. For w/e they did or did not do their actions were still very much treasonous to the rightful heir His Grace King Stannis who would no doubt call for a much harsher ruling. I am also more inclined to bring the entire House of Tyrell up on charges of consistently switching sides as suits their ambitions/benefis not taking into account that all whom they've supported were all pretenders. Shame on you House Tyrell. My final ruling is as such... 300,000 golden dragons to be paid to the crown which will subsequently be turned over to the Iron Bank of Braavos to help alleviate some of the crowns debts. Gods be good.

Is there a new one of these?

Yeah, is there ?

I know I was away for a while but it seems like it's been a long time.

I completed this, not realising that there was a time window of just one week to complete them and that they had all come to an end in April anyway! Tough luck :o

But, it'd be great if there was any more of these :D I did a search, and the last one was V. 15 I believe at the end of May (I can't remember for which character).

It'd be great to do a revival - they're such good fun. I propose we put one of the Wildlings on trial next - how about Ygritte for starters? ;)

Archived