London BWB meet-up: Sat 20 April 2013

Yikes -HBO broke the board again. I'm just able to look now :)

My second suggestion for a venue ( now informed by apparent numbers ) is ... ta da ...

http://www.thecarpentersarmsw1.co.uk/

they have an area we can reserve, lovely food and a good selection of all sorts of booze :) So check it out :) It's just off the Tottenham Court road.

Third suggestion ( courtesy of my far better educated ale drinking friends ) is ...

http://www.foundersarms.co.uk/

Located just by Millenium bridge - this might be a real goer for transport links. I have not been but I am reliably informed it is spacious to our needs and has lovely booze and grub.

Special guests to be announced shortly, so let's give it another couple of days for a few more replies then it's list time :) Kick your mates up the bum and let's winkle some more folks out of their shells :)

Express your preferences, mon petite choisfleurs xxx

Both the Founders and Carpenters Arms serve Meantime and Camden beers on tap. Plus other nice stuff too. The Carpenters has a good wine and spirit selection too. And they both do decent food. The Founders Arms is right by the snazzy new Blackfriars station, literally a stone's throw away.

I would like to come, but it depends where it is (I don't know London that well. ) and more importantly whether I can afford it haha

Both the pubs mentioned above are really easy to get to from pretty much anywhere. Both near large stations. The Founders Arms has some great views from the little riverside terracey bit which is always nice.

We have settled on the date of Saturday 20 April but we're going to hold off on choosing a venue for now until we know how many people are coming. It will be somewhere in central London though within easy walking distance of a tube station.

So please post if you're interested in coming or if you're bringing any extra friends with you :)

There is an attendance list in the first post of this thread and I will be updating it on a regular basis.

Unlikely to be able to make this. Meh.

That sucks, next time.

What time is it going to be starting?

Good question. I know Jo won't be able to join us till after 6.00 pm but there's no reason why we can't get started earlier in the day, 4 pm, 3 pm, midday, whenever really.

This makes me quadruple-booked for 20th. If you're still going after around 8pm or 9pm I'll be able to come then. Please not a basement area with slim access points as getting my kit down narrow stairs can be a major PITA.

Good question. I know Jo won't be able to join us till after 6.00 pm but there's no reason why we can't get started earlier in the day, 4 pm, 3 pm, midday, whenever really.

I'm just trying to work out what train I should catch. Also, the last train back to Birmingham on a Saturday leaves just after 10, which seems rather early. I might have to find a cheap hotel room.

This makes me quadruple-booked for 20th. If you're still going after around 8pm or 9pm I'll be able to come then. Please not a basement area with slim access points as getting my kit down narrow stairs can be a major PITA.

I think I should probably still be around then. I might take the train back to Cambridge about 11pm.

Archived