Daenerys and Missandei

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the section on the TV show, so let me know if I should switch it.

Nathalie Emmanuel is playing Missandei in Season 3 of "Game of Thrones."

MV5BMTM3NzQ4ODU0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM4Njg3OA@@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

Nathalie Emmanuel is 24, far older than the pre-teen Missandei present in the novel, as you can see.

Now, in "Storm of Swords," *spoilers*

Daenerys and her handmaiden Irri have sex a few times, but Irri died in Season 2 of the TV show. What I am wondering is if Missandei is being played by a grown woman instead of a child so that her character can replace Irri in these scenes.

Will Missandei and Daenerys become lovers in the TV show? If so, how big of a storyline will it be? Will it just be to reduce Dany's loneliness, or will the two actually develop feelings for one another?

(If this theory has already been proposed, let me know!)

In general, I'm a fan of the ageing up (as if some of the sex scenes and violence weren't disturbing enough), but it does make it funny when Qorin Halfhand and others refer to 26-year-old Kit Harrington as a "boy." :cool4:

It does make me wonder about Arya, though...she's fifteen already, playing an eleven year old. By the time they get to making "Dance of Dragons," she's probably going to be seventeen or eighteen, in her late teens, so will they be obligated to do a time jump of some sort for her character, or will they go Harry Potter with it? ("I'm only thirteen," Arya-played-by-18-year-old-Williams insists.)

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or in the section on the TV show, so let me know if I should switch it.

Nathalie Emmanuel is playing Missandei in Season 3 of "Game of Thrones."

Will Missandei and Daenerys become lovers in the TV show? If so, how big of a storyline will it be? Will it just be to reduce Dany's loneliness, or will the two actually develop feelings for one another?

(If this theory has already been proposed, let me know!)

I hope not. Dany and Missandei love each other, but their relationship is very much that between an older and younger sister, or between a mother and her adoptive daughter.

Making them lovers would be the worst kind of fanservice, IMHO.

I think Daenery's sexual frustration will be satisfied through Daario. They quicken their relationship.

Although Emilia Clarke has been quoted as saying she doesn't want to do any more sex scenes.

So maybe nothing will happen. Usually in Tv series the first 2 seasons have a lot of sex in it to attract people to watch it.

they don't need to do that by season 3, 4 etc

Hey, yeah I think your theory is correct and Missandei will probably be a love interest for Dany in season 3. I would assume they'll make a bigger deal of it in the show too since you know, it's some girl on girl action :). I kinda hope I'm wrong though, because to me it would be another example of the show essentially keeping the same elements from the book, but completely changing the context and purpose of those elements.

• 8 months later...

big fat no...i think they will play more on Daario sex if anything..she also said she didnt want to be doing anymore nude scenes...these could be rumors and false but i dont think they are gonna do that with her and women (they did enough of it with doreah..trust me id enjoy more, but i dont think they would do it, theres too much plot to fuill)...they tend to use sex in the worst ways in this show tho (podrick....)...what may seem significant in the book, they never actually show...my BIGGEST question is how they do Alayne Stone and Littlefinger since the "audience" is not cool with the whole adult kissing anyone under the age of 18.

Archived