Davos will switch!

Ok so I was in work the other day just doing my usual mundane work and i got thinking about what might happen when/if Davos returns from Skagos with Rickon and shaggy. I'm assuming that to return from Skagos will take sometime especially with the winter closing in. My thinking is Davos and Rickon will have built a very strong relationship by the time they get back to manderly or wherever davos chooses to go, a relationship very much like a father and son, Davos lost sons of his own and we all know what happened to Rickons dad so it would be perfectly natural that after a period of time and once trust has been built davos would become very protective of young Rickon. Bare with me here....so once we have them returning and news reaches stannis that Davos is alive and has the possible heir to Winterfell how do we think Stannis will feel about this??? Personally i think that Stannis will feel betrayed by Davos and think maybe that davos had this planned all along. I know it would suit Stannis to have a Stark in winterfell especially a young one he can mould into his thinking but just maybe Stannis mite get a little bit jealous when he sees the northmen bend the knee and proclaim Rickon the new King in the north, Davos will have to choose Stannis or Rickon!!.....please post your thoughts on backing up or debunking my theory, i havent massively thought it all through so im pretty sure someone will tear this to shreads. be gentle!!

This would go right with my suspicion that, in typical GRRM fashion, Davos' story will end the opposite of what we think - being beheaded for treason by Stannis himself possibly. But hopefully I am wrong!

Stannis has very good reasons to not to put faith in Seven. If Davos succeeds, I don't see the Northmen backstabbing him. He will likely succeed in North but I can't see him winning the Iron Throne(or holding it too long). He's definitely not insane.

:agree: Al those Stannis=new NK theories are :bs:

Lord Wyman claimed he PERSONALLY will support Stannis. On the other hand... He is in Winterfell, behaving like a man on a suicide mission (after all even when talking to Davos he is "what the hell, my son is back, whatever happens to me is of no importance, I'm old anyway...)

I never got that argument. Yes, Wyman has his son back, but his son seems like a broken man to me. Not really fit to lead anyway. He might have lost his fear of dying, but I don't think he's actively pursuing a suicide mission.

Stannis made Davos his hand because he was not influenced by Mel, and gave him a more rational perspective. He knows how important Davos is to him and will not turn on him. Equally Davos has no reason to turn on Stannis, unless Mel persuades him that the Kings blood needed is Rickon's

I like the paternal bonding thing though. Seems to make sense

Since GRRM already stated numerous times that Osha will play a bagger part in TWOW how will that unfold? Will Rickon see her as a maternal figure? That's probably most likely but There's got to be more...

Tell me which is more likely:

A. Stannis kills off Boltons and Freys and gets up to Moat Callin or the Twins with all Northern effort on getting the Iron Throne with Aegon, Iron Islands, Dorne, the Vale, and the Crownlands in the mix with a battle proven Targaryen coming with probably about 50K troops and three dragons.

B. Stannis kills off Boltons and Freys with Rickon as Wardern in the North and gets to Moat Callin or the Twins, then the Northern lords say "Hey, we don't feel like marching south in the middle of winter for a king that would bind us to different gods and the frigging Iron Throne again. Sorry, we have our own war fighting undead zombies that may or may not have detroyed the Wall." Stannis then moves on with maybe an alliance with someone and maybe Massey's sellswords.

C. Stannis kills off Bolton and Freys with Rickon as Warden in the North and take Moat Callin or the Twins. The Northern lords tell him to piss off, crown little Rickon King in the North. Stannis moves with most of the army for the Wall and to Melisandre, hoping to defeat the Others and prove he is worthier than Rickon. He goes to Melisandre who says "Oh, you remember Jon? He ressurrected/ was healed/ warged/ NOT DEAD and was reborn admidst smoke and salt. So let me remove the glamour from Lightbringer, and Jon is Azor Ahai. Stannis realizes he is lost and goes beyond the wall. Others come up to him. He draws his sword and yell "KNEAL TO YOUR KING!" The Others take a knee as Stannis looks on with the blue eyes and pale skin of the new Night's King. He then fucks everything up until Jon/ Dany/ both come and kill him. Edric is new Baratheon leader, and the Last Stag has his bittersweet ending.

Davos is a man of his word, so I can see him delivering Rickon to Manderley & maybe along the way they will form a father/son bond. But Davos will always be loyal to Stannis. The only way I can see him switching that loyalty to Rickon is if Ramsey really has killed Stannis. Really looking forward to the Davos POV'S, last time we saw Rickon he was turning as wild as his Wolf, might be a rallying point for the Northmen & the Wildlings. Stannis wont be happy about that.

Problem is Davos is really vulnerable right now I mean emotionally he lost his sons and right now he is going to recover a child who has lost everything so a bonding is probable maybe even Osha and he will become an item.But Stannis is losing this war even if they win the battle of WF he is still outnumbered against the Northmen so winning a battle is not enough.When Davos brings Rickon I think what we call as great nothern conspiricy will happen which will make Stannis betrayed and he will probably try to kill Davos.Because it was Davos who brought back Rickon without askng Stannis and seeing how close they are Stannis will try to kill him but will be stopped by Rickon and this will make him switch.IF this ever happens.

North will be fine with Stannis as King and Rickon as Warden of the North.

Davos is going to have a swell time trying to raise crazy, warging, green dreaming Rickon with Osha the Wildling, on cannibal island. Would make a nice sitcom

Stannis will be believed dead (whether it is true or not) I am not sure that Davos or any other bannermen will stand for Shireen. Also, Stannis really has nobody left from the Blackwater remaining. They are dropping like files outside Winterfell thus his main forces are Northmen (Stark men) and the remnants at the wall appear to be attacking Wun Wun to get to Val?. Unless Mel is behind this at the wall, the Wildings are gonna wipe out Stannis's faction just because of what they are doing to Jon (I believe that queen Selyse is behind the attack on Jon) and the Wildings may move on mass to Winterfell to take it back and to "free Mance".

I really cannot see Davos betraying Stannis or going for someone else. If Mel wants to throw Rickon into a pit of fire - maybe he would help the kid slip away, but he wouldn't leave with him. He would accept whatever sentence Stannis put on him. He is Stannis's most loyal subject. I would bet Mel betray Stannis over Davos (after she figures out why she keeps seeing 'snow' in her flames).

If Stannis tried to kill Rickon, he would be sacrificed to the Old Gods.

Davos tells us Stannis brought only 2000 men to the Wall. (I'm not sure if this is the number that he arrived with or sailed with, but let's assume the former, since that would be the higher number.) They probably lost a few fighting off the Wildlings. When he left the Wall, he left a few behind to guard his household. He probably lost some taking Deepwood Motte. And, he lost many southerners marching towards Winterfell. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 1500 southerners with him. His army is mainly made up of northerners, increasingly so, as more pour in. And, that isn't even taking into account Manderly and other lords joining him. If Stannis were to try and harm Rickon, the majority of his force would revolt.

Stannis is in a foreign land, during the worst season possible, and with an ever dwindling number of southerners. He is spent unless he bends over for the northerners. Harming Rickon wouldn't be a bright idea.

Knowing Stannis I could see this happening, and knowing Mel she will probably want to burn him for kings blood and we will have a possible clash.

Sorry but a fresh wooden Pyre is reserved already with Theons Name on it, he's as good as dead.

Davos will somehow end up allying with Tyrion (possibly unwittingly?). Its foreshadowed in ACOK. Before entering the inn to talk to Sallador Saan he (Paraphrase as dont have books to hand) Stops to pat a Gargoyle, no taller than his waist for luck. The Gargoyles face is worn away and disfigured from rain & salt, Davos Muses how he and the Gargoyle are like old friends.

Tyrion:

Dwarf, no taller than Davos waist

Face disfigured

Many times branded a monster (Gargoyle)

Several times is patted on the head by sailors for luck.

,,you heard it here first. (unless you read the thread I started about it)

Davos will somehow end up allying with Tyrion (possibly unwittingly?). Its foreshadowed in ACOK. Before entering the inn to talk to Sallador Saan he (Paraphrase as dont have books to hand) Stops to pat a Gargoyle, no taller than his waist for luck. The Gargoyles face is worn away and disfigured from rain & salt, Davos Muses how he and the Gargoyle are like old friends.

Tyrion:

Dwarf, no taller than Davos waist

Face disfigured

Many times branded a monster (Gargoyle)

Several times is patted on the head by sailors for luck.

,,you heard it here first. (unless you read the thread I started about it)

Ha ha ha, that is the most ludicrous assumption & guesswork I've read on here in a long time. Well done, first prize.

Stannis isn't as enthralled to the Red Woman as most people assume, if she asked for the death of Rickon he;s not stupid enough to try. I mean kill the "last" Stark, Ned's boy, whilst trying to win the North, he'd be seen as worse than the Boltons, not to mention I don't think Stannis would do that. He didn't ask to burn Edric Storm, Davos sent him away just in case, he knows how desperate Stannis was and feared. He also didn't and hasn't yet tried to burn Mance's child. The people he's burned were already marked for death, he just changed the method of execution. He says himself to Davos he is an atheist he knows the Red Woman has power though, power that has helped him.

This would go right with my suspicion that, in typical GRRM fashion, Davos' story will end the opposite of what we think - being beheaded for treason by Stannis himself possibly. But hopefully I am wrong!

I'm with you on this one, hoping that I'm wrong, but I fear for Davos...

Archived