How would you rate episode 302?

Ran

How would you rate episode 302?  

673 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

NO, the Cat scene, NO! I have spent plenty of time on these boards bashing Cat but her lamenting over Jon Snow was terrible.

I actually have some beefs in this episode and this is the biggest one. I get what they are trying to do here though, but im not sure it was necessary.

Thoros being up in everyone's business. Isnt that Tom O'Seven's role? Rains of Castemere was nice but Thoros singing it was weird.

Jon not being marked as a warg is ehhhh....

Marg being awesome the sequel. Im loving it. Olenna was great!

Joff being more willful with Cersei is great. Its a change, but i like it.

Muthafucken REEDS! Hnngh. Jojen is awesome, ok? He just is awesome. Meera will mess you up! <333333333333 Howland got name dropped. :B

Oh hai Theon! Like that, do ya? DO YOU LIKE IT!?? I didnt think so. Oh hai Ramsay! Brrrr.....

Jaime/Brienne stuff was good. The fight was a little lackluster but the scene worked just the same.

And Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie! :D Nice Hound entrance.

Jon keeps his mouth closed this season. :thumbsup:

Needed more Butterbumps but i guess i can deal.

I give it 9 heads of the Ned out of 10. Mostly because i loved me some Reeds and Olenna. The Reeds' entrance was great despite the changes. Plus more direwolf action. Olenna was word for word from the book and i loved it.

I really did not enjoy this episode...it felt about 4 hours long and lots of unnecessary stuff. The I Love Jon Snow monologue is terrible from every aspect..the writing was piss poor and cheesy, not something that GRRM would ever write. It sounded like Talisa's sob story about her brother....where it's so contrived my eyes start to glaze over. I fail to see the point of all of the Cersei/Joffrey tension. This was such a downgrade from last week :(

They are "nicing up" Cat to make people feel worse later this season.

Unfortuneately, the writers can't stay away from TV tropes. While I disliked Cat's opinion of Jon in the books, I liked her character quite a bit. But on TV, sometimes it has to be black and white. D and B seem to think Cat has to be made likeable like this for her death to resonate. Maybe that's true but the Thrones books are supposed to eschew stuff like this. Cat is a good person who has several flaws, one of them is how she treats Jon.

Didn't like the Cat scene, but understand they are trying to make her sympathetic.

Didn't Jamie and Brienne reference being in the vicinity of Riverun, yet got taken by Bolton men dispatched from Harrenhall? Don't get this one.

Liked the touch of the betrayal by the guy that Jamie suggested killing, but Dunk, ermm, Brienne was too honorable to kill.

Theon's torture mercifully pg-13 so far. Hope they don't leave him quite as mutilated as in the books.

QOT went over VERY well with non-book readers, esp. female that I was viewing with.

I nerded out on how the brotherhood is Robin Hood and his merry men. They didn't really recall who the brotherhood was or connect it to Beric, for damn sure.

Liked seeing "Joff the homophobe".

Cat Talisa was too distracting and not enough action for me to give it 8-10, but liked it overall, gave it a 7.

Edited by No Avatar- that movie suck

Well, I really liked and I justify my high score simply because of some great scenes, specially Jaime and Brienne and the Queen of Thorns with Sansa. Jaime's and Olenna's lines were brilliant. I also loved the Brotherhood appearance and the Reeds. I only could not give a better score because Shae still is too painful to watch and of course Cat's scene was something that I'm still digesting.

Mostly, a pretty lacklustre episode. I actually found it very hard to remember much about it at all when we sat down to work on the reviews. Nothing really stood out, except the awful, awful Catelyn scene. Awful in the sense of the complete mess they made of the character; I suppose the acting was alright. I continue to find Margaery nothing but annoying the way Dormer portrays her; miscast, for sure.

You may have missed the part where she indicates that only a mother can make one of those figures for their child.

She explicitly believes that she ought to be a mother to Jon. This makes everything much worse. In the novel, in the society she lives in, there is absolutely no social obligation on her in regards to Jon, nor is there understood to be a moral obligation. Ned is the one who is acting against the norms, who is inflicting this situation on everyone.

So, yeah, it's a significant change.

Moreover, you literally have her taking the view that maybe this is all her fault. Those who are inclined to believe that, either through latent misgoyny, a lack of empathy, or a preference for simplistic narratives, are just going to latch onto it. That's not what I think the writers expected, but it's what they're going to get.

Nobody in their right mind will actually believe that Cat's treatment of Jon is directly responsible for the fate of her other children. This is certainly a change for Cat, but it's just grief and overreaction and grim reflection..

Unfortuneately, the writers can't stay away from TV tropes. While I disliked Cat's opinion of Jon in the books, I liked her character quite a bit. But on TV, sometimes it has to be black and white. D and B seem to think Cat has to be made likeable like this for her death to resonate. Maybe that's true but the Thrones books are supposed to eschew stuff like this. Cat is a good person who has several flaws, one of them is how she treats Jon.

I didn't "like" Cat in the books, but I respected her character, she was interesting and flawed. They have definitely been over simplifying her from the beginning, they are trying to make her more "likable" but she is losing that complexity that made her tragic and interesting, it's a huge mistake IMHO

Mostly, a pretty lacklustre episode. I actually found it very hard to remember much about it at all when we sat down to work on the reviews. Nothing really stood out, except the awful, awful Catelyn scene. Awful in the sense of the complete mess they made of the character; I suppose the acting was alright. I continue to find Margaery nothing but annoying the way Dormer portrays her; miscast, for sure.

A casual viewer could easily skip over this and not miss much. Just watch "previously on." I agree about Dormer...bad casting there. Thanks Tudors.

Really enjoyed this episode. I gave it a 9. I didn't mind the Cat change. I never cared much about Catelyn anyway, but it was a good scene if you avoid comparisons with the book. The only thing that bothered me a bit were the lenght of some scenes. Some must've lasted less than two minutes. Other than that, everything was great, and that was the sole reason I didn't give it a 10.

Hi, Ramsay, how ya doing? Good to finally see you, bro!

I knew people would hate the Jon Snow scene, but I don't see why exactly. It didnt change Catelyn, it reinforced that she could never love Jon no matter what.

Yeah I thought it was really good, at first I thought she was making the story up I was like wtf is going on here and then she made up for it. She really is a great actor.

Was really good seeing Ramsay I cant wait to see how that all goes down. Jojen was awesome too.

Edited by Head of The Ned

I continue to find Margaery nothing but annoying the way Dormer portrays her; miscast, for sure.

And you continue to be alone in this opinion.

Talisa is hogging up Robb's scenes and im not cool with this to be honest. But i guess its adding to the whole Red Wedding thing that will eventually happen.

Theon's torture mercifully pg-13 so far. Hope they don't leave him quite as mutilated as in the books.

True. But like, its pretty gnarly for those of us who know whats going on here. It is leaving non-readers rather baffled. (like my mum thought it was someone related to Theon who set this up. Like his dad or something. Poor mum..lol)

They just...have no idea how fucked up Ramsay is.

The Cat thing just...no. The last line she said is actually what bothered me the most. Something about "all of this happened because i didnt keep my promise." Cat, wut?