How would you rate episode 302?

Ran

How would you rate episode 302?  

673 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Cat talking about Jon was to let people know that bastards can be made legitimate in some cases, so it doesn't seem out of the blue when Robb puts it in his will. At least that's my guess. If that's not the case then I agree, unnecessary and boring scene.

All you need is one line saying a King can legitimize bastards while Robb makes his will to do that, you don't need to totally change Cat for that one fact.

Nobody in their right mind will actually believe that Cat's treatment of Jon is directly responsible for the fate of her other children. This is certainly a change for Cat, but it's just grief and overreaction and grim reflection..

Actually, this was the only bit of dialog in the whole scene that didn't resonate with me. I personally don't mind the changes that they have made to Catelyn. In the books, we get to understand her through her thinking. We are not privy to that in the show. If they were to just show her actions as written, I think that the character would be completely different than how we as readers interpret her.

I don't think this broken website registered my post, so I'll post it again. The Tyrion-Shae scene was by far the worst scene of the episode.

Tyrion almost saved it but couldn't. They are trying to set things up but it's just coming off as cheesy and annoying possibly because of Shae's acting.

Also Marg is a much more compelling and powerful character. I respect that everyone has their opinions but she's quite a good actress and ill respectfully disagree :)

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips

Given how many people glowed about Marg last week and are glowing about her this week, i can safely say, you are in the minority.

probably, but telling someone they're alone seems a little rude and inaccurate...

I enjoyed this episode better than last time. See? Without nude scenes squeezing in, we get to see more of our important characters on screen. I feel sorry for Theon. Cat scenes with Talisa, I don't buy it. Glad to see Arya, the Hound (for less than a minute), Jaime/Brienne, and the new additions to this season (BWB, QOT, and the Reeds).

I love everyone complaining about the fight like get over it. What did you expect? Jaime showed his smarts and skill Brienne showed her sheer power and equal skill... that's the point. And to make enough noise to get caught, Locke was pretty sweet I thought.

Complain less life is easier that way.

I don't think this broken website registered my post, so I'll post it again. The Tyrion-Shae scene was by far the worst scene of the episode.

Parts of it were from the book (after Tyrion is told he's to marry Sansa, I think). Shea does say "You want her, this child?" I don't remember the rest of it though

Pretty disappointed this week. Certain scenes like Shae&Tyrion, Shae&Sansa, Joffrey&Marg and Cat&Talisa (ugh) were real misses for me. HBO writers taking too many liberties and trying to craft "Oh wow" scenes when they just fall flat. The whole Joffrey hating Renly and homosexuals thing seemed VERY political and out of place. And of course Cat's deviation was (as someone pointed out) simply trying to obtain sympathy for the RW. George's world isn't black and white, that is why it is great. Apparently the writers are not aware of this.

Tyrion almost saved it but couldn't. They are trying to set things up but it's just coming off as cheesy and annoying possibly because of Shae's acting.

Also Marg is a much more compelling and powerful character. I respect that everyone has their opinions but she's quite a good actress and ill respectfully disagree :)

Agree with everything you said.

I love everyone complaining about the fight like get over it. What did you expect? Jaime showed his smarts and skill Brienne showed her sheer power and equal skill... that's the point. And to make enough noise to get caught, Locke was pretty sweet I thought.

Complain less life is easier that way.

You speak the truth my friend. The fight scene was great.

I liked the episode, but not quite as much as last week's; I rated it a solid 7.

What worked for me:

• Great introduction of the Queen of Thorns! Dianna Rigg is going to be awesome in this role. This scene made me appreciate Magaery more than I have up to this point as well.
  • Also a great introduction of Thorros, I didn't even mind that he appears to be absorbing the role of Tom O' Sevens. I predict that I am going to enjoy the show BWB as much as I did the book version. And of course, it's always great to see the Hound again.
  • I liked the Brienne vs. Jaime fight and didn't mind the switch up in circumstances from the book. Gwendolyn Cristie kicks ass as Brienne, she was really convincing as a powerful swordswoman.
  • I also enjoyed show Jojen a good deal more than book Jojen. Ferb is going to acquit himself well in this role.

What didn't work for me:

• The Cat and Talisa scene. I think that the writers/producers went astray in this attempt to woobify Cat. I also don't understand the outright hostility that show Cat is projecting towards Talisa; even book Cat doesn't hold Jeyne wholly responsible for Robb's decision to marry her, and is relatively kind to her.
  • Not thrilled with show Dolorous Edd telling Sam that they left him behind because he was fat and slow and they wanted to live -- even if true, book Edd would have expressed himself in a kinder or at least a much more humorous way.
  • What's with Rickon's just running off like that, why would they let him, and why would Summer leave Bran? I don't think that the show is at all accurately or effectively depicting the nature of the bond between the Starks (and Jon Snow) and their direwolves.

Everything else I was either neutral on or waiting to see more of before I form an opinion on . Boy, the Producers sure weren't kidding when they said that Season 3 would be much more divergent from the books than the previous two seasons. It remains to be seen if they will stay true to the spirit of the characters and major story lines or not.