How would you rate episode 302?

Ran

How would you rate episode 302?  

673 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I felt that Sandor Arya scene was out of character for Sandor. It gave me a whoa moment, WTF.

Sandor is nice to Sansa. At blackwater Sandor tells Joffrey and Tyrion: fack the King, fack the Kingsguard!. Goes to Sansa's chamber and offers to take her north to Winterfell, calls her little bird.

Then in this episode, he spots Arya and says: What in hell are you doing with the Starks bitch?!? And he's in the rebel north territory where he is trying to defect.

WTF!

Whoever wrote that line is an idiot.

It's not really out of character at all. He's not exactly nice to Arya on their journey and its not like he's talking to Robb saying "Hey Stark I found your bitch sister. Fuck shit balls."

I'd give it an 8, great follow up to the second episode, every scene was good but nothing really blew me away. All and all i'm getting pretty optimistic for this season. if the early episodes are this strong, imagine how dope the end will be :)

Here is our review, would be good to get some feedback from fellow GoT fans!

My only problem is that both episode 1 and 2 felt like opening episodes in a series. There are so many characters that you need to spend 2 hours re-introducing them all.

So from now on it should be great! Anyone else agree?

I felt that Sandor Arya scene was out of character for Sandor. It gave me a whoa moment, WTF.

Sandor is nice to Sansa. At blackwater Sandor tells Joffrey and Tyrion: fack the King, fack the Kingsguard!. Goes to Sansa's chamber and offers to take her north to Winterfell, calls her little bird.

Then in this episode, he spots Arya and says: What in hell are you doing with the Starks bitch?!? And he's in the rebel north territory where he is trying to defect.

WTF!

The Hound calls Arya "wolf bitch" quite often in the books. He doesn't seem to like her that much.

I liked this episode a lot because it really played on tension. Often times I'm very much waiting to see how something unfolds, but this episode wound things up nice and slowly while still having an actual moving plot. Even the scene with Maragery and Joffery was pretty tense because at any moment I thought he'd turn the crossbow on her! Felt it went a little overboard, trying to cram all that suspense into the Arya/BWB parts, but that final fight was just so well executed. I think it's my favorite duel of the series thus far. Appropriate, since everyone loves it from the books all ready ;)

I can say that nothing had me majorly questioning in the episode. Very well-packed mythos and the usual great introductions to new characters. Queen of Thorns was a bit unusual, but I certainly liked what they were going for with the character. Jojen (or Paul, as I shall call him) was a bit less than anticipated, but Meera was Gods-damned awesome for what little she had to say! Perfect mirror of the book character so far. If I had one complaint about story flow it'd be that we didn't get to see Dany which is both a blessing and a curse because I have no idea how they're going to handle the storyline seeing how fast it traveled in episode 1.

Of course, there needs to be talk of Theon. I am all ready completely feeling bad for him and it was a clever use of exposition, getting him to fess up as he did. Again, this is a point where the story is moving along where you wouldn't expect it to, and it's much stronger for it (whereas I worry with others). I do feel they pulled out all the possible "torture" stops though. There's nothing else you can really do when you've all ready had indiscriminate stabbing, dismemberment, and the "fooled ya" trick.

Very solid episode overall if nothing entirely special for the show. Kept good focus and really set-up situations well.

PROS:

- Really enjoying Theon's transformation one step at a time and not through flashbacks

- The Reeds seem spot-on

- I hate book Sansa, but TV Sansa is becoming way to hot to hate :))

CONS:

- Come on, nobody misses Vargo? I was so looking forward to hear his lisp.

- If Mance's "bard"-ing goes missing, how the hell is this show gonna go forward?

- I don't wanna be that "Danny-lover" forum type, but I came to see some dragons and they better not be missing the next time

I gave this episode a healthy 8 out of 10 and was entertained from the start to the end.

My favourite part was when we met Thoros for the first time and least favourite was the Cat scene.

I never liked her in the books and my opinion isn't going to change just because the show is trying to make her more likeable!

I quiet enjoyed the sword fight on the bridge between Jaime and Brienne and when Bran met The Reeds for the first time.

WTF!

I was wondering how many viewers, especially non-book viewers were shocked at his hostility towards her-and will continue to be shocked by his treatment if they stay true to the books. He was so tame in the first two seasons, especially towards Sansa that his behavior may come across as inconsistent to some people.

He does call Arya all types of unflattering names, so i can't really call that line idiotic.

I enjoyed this more than the first one. Love the Sansa/QOT scene. Really loved all of the direwolf moments. Arya came across as an argumentative, irrational brat...but she seemed that way to me in the books, so i guess I can't complain. When she pulled the sword on Thoros in such a public place-simply because he questioned her fighting abilities? yeah...dumb girl moment. Glad he made a joke out of her. I loved the Jojen introduction. Bran's dream of his family was sad. Reminded me that we may never see the starks together again :crying:

I may be reading into things, but when Marg was with Joff, and he said he wanted to execute all gays( very bad paraphrasing here) I thought she pulled off a good subtle look of disgust at him. Probably thinking of her brother at that moment. I'm really enjoying watching Marg manipulate him so much. Their pairing really brings out his youth and inexperience. I know they have a bit of an age difference, but she makes him look like he's a little boy.

Shae and Tyrion could have been done much better. What was Shae's purpose here? To show that she's disgusted at Tyrion's lack of interest in Sansa's welfare and apparent attraction towards her? Or to simply be the token jealous girlfriend over anyone he's slept with in the past? I'm not a fan of her acting style.

Glad we have the Hound back!

s03e01 - 3/10; s03e02 - 5/10

this new season realy isn't grabbing me like the previous two. to the extent that I'm quite liking the Dany scenes, which usually irrittate the shit out of me in the books

+ve's:

- Paul Kay as Thoros - outstanding

- nice to see Ayra again

- the Reeds

okay:

- Diana Rigg as QoT - this should be a +ve but you aways knew she would walk this part

-ve:

- Gwen/Brienne - am I the only person to tink she's the most wooden, godawful actress?

interesting questions from my unsullied friends:

them does the dragon/red/etc lady get naked?

me: sure, keep watching

them: does Sansa get screwed by fessing up to the QoT?

me: yes, she gets turned into a dragon

them: REALLY?!?!?!

me: no

them: come on

me: read the books

them: I don't read books

me: you're a fucking idiot

them: Shae is irritating

me: go google the actress

them: interesting ...

Edited by Bron son of Bron

I gave this episode a 9. This episode is the next best thing after the Blackwater episode so far, at least for me.

• Who would not like Brienne/Jaime scene with Brienne watching Jaime piss plus the sword fight.
  • I think I will start to love Sansa this episode and throughout the season - Sansa/Olenna/Margaery scene was very satisfying
  • Orell warging is so two-thumbs up. I would sooner want to meet Varamyr too!
  • Arya scene was ok and Catelyn scene too. But it isn't too boring as most of them say. I just find it twisted with her mentioning loving Jon Snow -- then not again
  • Theon too! I wasn't expecting him to appear this episode knowing that in the books he wouldn't appear that so soon, rather the series follows entire book plot. I found him cute tho, being tortured. LOL
  • Ygritte's voice
  • Hodor saying Hodor
  • Jojen appearing to the scene with a SWAG. Just reminds me of Chuck Bass or Sebastian from Glee (Haha!) Anyway, Reeds with the Starks -- that scene is a milestone

My first post. Yay! To sum it up, I really love this episode. Watching your most and least favorite characters in the books come to life while waiting them say the words in the books (or similarly), watching the scenes that formed up in your head while reading the books come to life just gives me tickles in my guts with a big smile! Good job! :D :thumbsup: :cheers:

Edited by The Queen

I was wondering how many viewers, especially non-book viewers were shocked at his hostility towards her-and will continue to be shocked by his treatment if they stay true to the books. He was so tame in the first two seasons, especially towards Sansa that his behavior may come across as inconsistent to some people.

He does call Arya all types of unflattering names, so i can't really call that line idiotic.

When I heard that line I thought to myself "Finally! Now,this is the Hound I know."

You're right, he was out of character in the first two seasons. They needed to do more to make him scare and tease Sansa.... instead he was a puppy. In his quick s.3 appearance, he seemed pissed, and that, to me, was just awesome.

9/10

Much, much better than the first episode. For all those of you causing an uproar over the Tyrion/Shae scene; where the hell were you on the episode one discussion? Bronn's scene with the stupid whore was just as long, had no dialogue, and showed no character development, yet the scene was barely complained about on the board for episode one. I think you people were just looking for something to complain about in this episode because it was actually really good. Even the Tyrion/Shae scene served a purpose to show Shae's possibility for jealously giving her motive for her actions in events later to come.

Loved the Orell scene even though it was very short giving a visual and verbal explanation for warging.

The Reeds introduction was outstanding and I love the two characters. I think at this point in the show situations have already been put into place where they cannot follow the storyline in the book (ie- the Reeds never came to Winterfell and met Bran there) so the show has to come up with their own scenarios for how to introduce characters and this was a GREAT introduction. I guess they are going to let Osha stay along with Bran the rest of the way instead of going with Rickon which I was disappointed in. But I would imagine Natalia Tena (Osha) is one of the higher paid actors and they need to give her screen time to justify using her as Osha so Rickon had to go it alone.

The Cateyln scene I didn't find nearly as bad as most people on here are saying. Yes her talking about John Snow was out of the ordinary but the acting/emotion porttrayed by Michelle Fairley is really what captured my attention. There is a progression starting in her character towards a much more dark/downtrodden/pissed off Cat as opposed to the quieter/more solemn Cat from the first two seasons. She is starting to show more anger and resentment than she ever has. My point being that while watching this scene and not getting too overconcerned with her dialogue, the whole time all I could think was I was watching Lady Stoneheart incarnate.

Theon's scenes- Now this is where the show can be better than the books. It gives us a visual for Theon's torture scenes that the books could only explain as having been past events. It allows us to see the emotions and horror Theon goes through to become the character he will eventually be. The sneaking in of Ramsay was also excellent and sets up an awesome future scene for Theon and his "Bitches"

Sansa/Lady Olena= 10/10 nuff said

Loved most of the episode, gave it a 7.

Jamie fight fell a bit flat, and Tyrions encounter a bit unnecessary.

I don't think we will see Theon as messed up as in the book, but perhaps its needed to get past censors.

Reeds were a big plus and well cast I thought.

Love the way Margaery, like a lot of people, is seen to be manipulating Joffery, and the introduction to Lady Oleana....5 Star.

looking forward to #3

When I heard that line I thought to myself "Finally! Now,this is the Hound I know."

You're right, he was out of character in the first two seasons. They needed to do more to make him scare and tease Sansa.... instead he was a puppy. In his quick s.3 appearance, he seemed pissed, and that, to me, was just awesome.

"No, it gives me joy to kill people."

"Killing's the sweetest thing there is."

"There's plenty of women in the ground. I've put some there myself."

"Any man dies with a clean sword, ill rape your fucking corpse."

"Fuck the King!" (In front of the King)

He's not a puppy. He's brutal and hilarious but he has a soft spot for Sansa who he still growls at. I don't know why that would translate to being soft toward Arya.

I think Sandor partly feels more toned down because he has that lovely voice. It's growly, but it's not really harsh. Plus, he doesn't seem as angry. Brutal yes, but largely in the context of Blackwater and saving Sansa from rape. He's also not as mocking toward Sansa--comes across as a more resigned and gruff. That said, it didn't feel out of character for him to call Arya "the Stark bitch," especially since she's a "wolf." I love the actor (dat height!) I just wish he had more screen time.

...I wish Sansa sang for him during Blackwater, but that's my silly fangirl talking. Goodness, I miss those 20+ Sandor Clegane threads.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

I think Sandor partly feels more toned down because he has that lovely voice. It's growly, but it's not really harsh. Plus, he doesn't seem as angry. Brutal yes, but largely in the context of Blackwater and saving Sansa from rape. He's also not as mocking toward Sansa--comes across as a more resigned and gruff. That said, it didn't feel out of character for him to call Arya "the Stark bitch," especially since she's a "wolf." I love the actor (dat height!) I just wish he had more screen time.

...I wish Sansa sang for him during Blackwater, but that's my silly fangirl talking. Goodness, I miss those 20+ Sandor Clegane threads.

Goodness, me too!

I watched the first two seasons before picking up the books. While I enjoyed the few sansa/hound scenes I was totally shocked for what was in the books. It has made me re-think my original opinion about S2. Less littlefinger brothel moments and trash that ridiculous joff sadism scene for some actual character development.

Edited by Juliads