[Book Spoilers] EP301 Discussion

Ran

I dont mean to sound like Im nagging, but what was the point of making Missandei older. I understand why it had to be done for Dany, and the other characters, but does it really affect the story if Missandeis age remained the same? Or am I just missing something?

I dont mean to sound like Im nagging, but what was the point of making Missandei older. I understand why it had to be done for Dany, and the other characters, but does it really affect the story if Missandeis age remained the same? Or am I just missing something?

I'm pretty sure they aged her up so she can take Irri's place in Dany's...experimentation.

Enjoyed this episode! Especially Davos scenes, Tywin/Tyrion scene (omg!) and Dany scenes, which doesn't happen to me often.... There are nitpicks, but I'm not bothered. Worried for the Robb/Cat storyline though (no surprise there...)

Love those dragons. Couldn't figure why they put Ghost where he didn't belong. Astopor looked great. I can understand why they didn't go through the Ser Barriston Selmy disguise in the book, so that didn't bother me. All in all, a good episode. (It must have been. I watched it four times.) Now, I'll post before the board crashes, again.

I really liked the episode.

The Tywin/Tyrion scene was quite tense. And intense for the both of them. Of course, Davos/Stannis was great, too.

I also loved the dragons' scene.

Winterfell in ruins in the opening sequence - I was surprised that the creators even adapted this for the sequence.

But it was funny how he did not know what to do when Margaery went to the orphanage...

I thought it was a brilliant comparison to have Cersei mention how she and Joffrey got attacked last season with an armed guard, yet Margaery can just stroll through the streets unguarded. It was a brilliant decision to bring that back to the minds of the viewers.

I thought it was a brilliant comparison to have Cersei mention how she and Joffrey got attacked last season with an armed guard, yet Margaery can just stroll through the streets unguarded. It was a brilliant decision to bring that back to the minds of the viewers.

Oh, yes. You're absolutely right. And I missed mentioning the dinner scene. So much what wasn't said, but hinted at. Joff's no diplomat. <lol>

If Syrio Forel couldn't defeat Ser Meryn (wooden sword or no) then Bronn doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

I think you may be mistaken here. Bronn knows the 2 KG members, in the books there is a scene where bronn is describing how capable some of the fighters are after having watched them spar, so its obvious that bronn is aware of the fighting ability of the two in front of him, He even says as much "two men in fancy armor, better at beating up young girls then fighting men". I think something that cant be understated is that Bronn at the range he was at with a long dagger would be much more lethal then either KG member with a full sword. Between the angles with which he can attack the unarmored portions as well as the speed from light armor and a smaller weapon i have no doubt bronn would have made very short work of those two.

Haven't read the whole thing (too afraid site will crash again) - but - what on earth are they going to do with Shae later when the book calls for her to betray Tyrion and sleep with Tywin? I mean, book Shae was an 18 y/o slut whom we never believed loved Tyrion for anything else for his money, and def didn't care about Sansa as she so clearly does on the show.

For her to betray Tyrion for money wouldn't make sense anymore. So I'm thinking either she'll sleep with Tywin to protect Tyrion or to get information for him, and have it misinterpreted by Tyrion.

I totally agree, almost everything said during that dinner scene had some kind of barb attached to it. Poor wee Loras looked completely out of his depth!

Strong Belwas: In Memoriam

- You made perhaps the best fighter in Westeros your squire

- To you, the terrifying Dothraki are merely "horse boys"

- You withstood the mounted charge of the Meereenese champion, quickly dispatched him, and decided the next most appropriate step was to shit on the battlefield.

- You ate a bowlful of poisoned locusts. Sure you got sick and lost some weight, but no locust can defeat Strong Belwas.

Strong Belwas you will be missed. I do hope D&D ate liver and onions after writing this episode.

Margaery was definitely the lead in the dinner scene.

I thought that my girl Cersei totally held her own. I wish she had done a AFFC and thrown the content of her wine cup at her son.

Archived