[Book Spoilers] The Big Surprise

LordStoneheart

Just having a furry naked giant would probably look more silly on screen. I also think it would be more expensive, as CG fur and hair is difficult to do. Much cheaper to just put a prosthetic on a normal man and enlarge him.

It surprised me that we got a giant at this point but it was done very well, plus it's a smart move when you have a character called 'Giantsbane'. While not exactly how the book describes them they were still very believable and the only really required trait is their size, and what comes with that.

He kinda looked like an oversized Peter Jackson dwarf.

Truth.

I'd have been more surprised had I not watched the Wildlings behind-the-scenes a few days ago where Ygritte says 'first time you've seen a giant?' Oh well, was still pretty freaking cool. I wonder if we'll see one riding a mammoth?

wasn't the first giant jon saw the king giant? could that giant have been the one that donal noy (spelling error) killed?

It's just a random giant, don't think he's Mag or Wun Wun.

wasn't the first giant jon saw the king giant? could that giant have been the one that donal noy (spelling error) killed?

no, he saw the line of giants and lost count at more than 50 & then he saw the huge mammoth with Mag the Mighty on it

While not exactly how the book describes them they were still very believable and the only really required trait is their size, and what comes with that.

It's a bit ironic, when the book explicitly states that giants don't look as the show partrays them.

For me, ASOIAF giants will allways look like this: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery/martin/illustration_1207.html?popup=1&template=82

Anyway, I'm still very glad to have giants at all in the show. I was fearing they were cut. But I still greatly fear that we won't see any Mammoths. Those would require CGI, and if the showrunners had CGI to spare, they probably would have gone with the Giants-as-Yetis look.

Archived